Next season of TUF to feature Heavyweights and Women's Featherweights

MMA fan93

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Just saw it on Kelvin Gastelum's Instagram story, inviting people for the tryouts.

Stoked about this. People have been crying to have another HW season, and now we have one for the two thinnest divisions in the sport.

The first season with one division having a 4-person tournament!

The first season with one division having a 4-person tournament!
Didn't they try having a second season for the women's 135lb division but couldn't find enough people to fill the show? I wonder If they are even going to find enough 145lb women for a first season of TUF, unless they accept any warm body who can make 145lbs.

Even though I wish they would drop WMMA, featherweight is a division i can at least tolerate and it needs some fighters. Theyll probably sign every one of them.

HW is also a good idea. Hope they can find some decent big guys.

Just saw it on Kelvin Gastelum's Instagram story, inviting people for the tryouts.

Stoked about this. People have been crying to have another HW season, and now we have one for the two thinnest divisions in the sport.
Not sure why they waited this long to have more heavyweights on TUF. TUF 10 the all heavyweight season is one of my favorite seasons ever.

Not sure why they waited this long to have more heavyweights on TUF. TUF 10 the all heavyweight season is one of my favorite seasons ever.

That was the last season I saw every episode, after that it all kind of went to hell.

Should be some high skilled fighters in those divisions for sure.

A coed house with free booze and 265 pound men hitting on 145 pound women. Sounds great.

I dont understand why they have to mix the sexes the guys will most likely be distracted by the women causing them to be overaggressive trying to prove themselves and losing in a devastating fashion trying while trying to impress the women (unless the women are hideous) most likely, but hey, who knows, just my thoughts

I wouldn't be surprised if the Wmma fw winner gets an immediate title shot

I wouldn't be surprised if the Wmma fw winner gets an immediate title shot
of course they would considering the division is so thin and I bet most if not all of the girls on the show representing the women's featherweight division will most likely get contracts just so they can "fatten" up the division

Can we please just kill Tuf?

I’d rather male featherweights and women heavyweights.

Been waiting for another heavyweight season! Still not going to watch, but I'm excited nonetheless.

They should be doing one of each. HW needs some fresh blood. And FW needs any blood, period.

The talent pool is a little shallow.

giphy.gif

Back