Next division to go and next to be added

Natesblackshirt

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
They just got rid of 125 unfortunately. Some really great fights not to mention the GOAT of MMA fought in that division.

So what division is next on the chopping block and what division(s) are they looking to add?

I think they should get rid of WMMA 145 and replace it with WMMA Atomweight (aka sexy weight). They should also add the 165lb division and force peahead to fight Nate.

You can't replace a division that hosts 2-3 fights by year (W145) by a new division that would require 10-15 (W105), it comes down to card space.
With men's 125 being removed, there will be card space to men's 165, but this false equivalent of W145 > W105 is one of the most stupid things i have ever read on sherdog and i see it often enough to wonder if North American schools really have math on your grades.
{<hhh]

You can't replace a division that hosts 2-3 fights by year (W145) by a new division that would require 10-15 (W105), it comes down to card space.
With men's 125 being removed, there will be card space to men's 165, but this false equivalent of W145 > W105 is one of the most stupid things i have ever read on sherdog and i see it often enough to wonder if North American schools really have math on your grades.
{<hhh]
Who said WMMA 145 is better than 105?

I know 170 lb is iconic but it makes more sense to have a 165 and 175 added. They don't have to do the rest just yet. I like cyborg but 145 division is sort of dead. It's just the cyborg beatdown show. I prefer a 105 women's division. Those little girls knock each other out for some weird reason. Some of the fights I seen were violent albeit on the amateur level.

- merge womens 135 with 145 (make it 145).
- Get rid of mens 135 and all the lower female weigt classes (so we only have one female weightclass at 145)
- No new weightclasses, but remove the upper limit on HW.
- 165 is the dumbest suggestion in UFC history. Who ever came up with that?

(This is my wishes as a fan, not from a business perspective)

They just got rid of 125 unfortunately. Some really great fights not to mention the GOAT of MMA fought in that division.

So what division is next on the chopping block and what division(s) are they looking to add?

I think they should get rid of WMMA 145 and replace it with WMMA Atomweight (aka sexy weight). They should also add the 165lb division and force peahead to fight Nate.

There's a women's 145?

Combine the super shallow LHW and HW to eliminate the joke 205 division.

Introduce Womens Nudeweight.

I want to see Super Heavyweight so we can see some good ol' fashioned PRIDE FC freakshow bouts.

Nah, you're dumb. I can't believe there's still people against it. You must not follow UFC close enough to understand how fucked up the situation is.

- merge womens 135 with 145 (make it 145).
- Get rid of mens 135 and all the lower female weigt classes (so we only have one female weightclass at 145)
- No new weightclasses, but remove the upper limit on HW.

(This is my wishes as a fan, not from a business perspective)
Every single one of those opinions are absolutely detestable wow.

like I don't even know where to start. the Lowers woman's weight classes are MUCH MUCH better. the 2 worst ones are bantamweight and Feather weight. Strawweight is easily the best Womans division and is one of the most competitive division in all of the UFC.

God, The 135 pound division is amazing right now. That division has never had a bad title fight. So many Classic title fights have gone down in that division it's crazy. the worst title fight that division ever had was cruz vs Faber 3 and it wasn't a bad fight by anymeans.

165 is probably the best thing that could happen to the UFC right now. Less weight cutting is better.

Back