News from Italy | Page 2

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by cabal, Feb 4, 2018.

1. GSP_37 Gold Belt

GSP_37
    Did the authorities make sure the offender's countrymen were aware of what not to do?

2. MicroBrew Steel Belt

MicroBrew
    Yeah , but they were the last to convert though. European Christians weren't always push-overs; I mean Colonialism and all.

MENA folks are very aggressive and macho; if you be nice to them, they walk all over you. The Christians are ok, except even some of them have a penchant for scamming people. The Muslims though, feel entitled to everyone's land. Europeans think if they be nice, Muslims from MENA and South Asia will also be nice, but that is naivete on European's part. One thing I learned livin in Arabia, is that they only respect power and money, and as a culture , they have no empathy or compassion for anyone outside their group.

Stoic1 and Bald1 like this.
  3. Fedorable triple yellow double stampy

Fedorable
    I do kind of expect that.

Viva likes this.
  4. MicroBrew Steel Belt

MicroBrew
    Inuits didn't defeat the Norse in Greenland. The Norse settlers died off and or perished trying to leave .

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/why-greenland-vikings-vanished-180962119/

mon likes this.
  5. Viva Dragon Energy

Viva
    Given how things how played out the last decade or so, I think you're probably right.

6. loyalyolayal Double Yellow Card

loyalyolayal
    Let them bang, paisano!

KnightTemplar, JbModest and Viva like this.
  7. mon Purple Belt

mon
    Great post but you touched on exploring..... They had travelled like never before, while they were shit at stable colonisation they got there pretty early i.e. america

8. mon Purple Belt

mon
    This, 100%. Unfortunately the book I read was before my 1st kindle so I can't just look up the title/author but it was a great book(boring as fuck tbh but the content was well worth it). It highlights in detail the failings of 5? extinct human civilisations and what in hindsight destroyed them. If I remember correctly(12plus years, sorry) the Inuit tried to help them but due their pre existing beliefs/religions and the codes which come with them they choose to continue living their paragon of success in an environment which didn't care or was at all in line with it.
    Tried googling but I'll remember the book eventually....

People think globalisation means we can ignore the repeated failings of the societies but in my opinion it just potentially increase the downfall.

9. TheGreatA Black Belt

TheGreatA
    I think it would be a mistake to downplay their importance, considering the impact of Normandy and the Rus kingdom alone. By the standards of their time, they traveled further than anyone else, and came to associate with more people than anyone else of that age. The longships didn't match what came after (500+ years after in the case of Spanish colonialism), but they were of the highest standard for that time. While their colonies and raids did not necessarily leave a lasting cultural impact similar to that of colonialism, they did set the precedent itself, for that sort of activity on the part of Europeans, particularly the British.

It was a Danish king who unified England, and a Norman conqueror that eventually came to rule it. It is somewhat ironic that Viking raiders helped both men (Cnut the Great and William the Conqueror) come to power and establish peace in that region, by offering the local populations protection from the raiders (many of whom were actually under their rule).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invasions_of_the_British_Isles#Viking_raids_and_invasions
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cnut_the_Great

It was the fear of Vikings and their raids, more so than perhaps the Vikings themselves, that in many cases enabled huge changes to happen within Europe, during that time period.

In truth, the Vikings merely represent the last of such activity on the part of North Europeans, considering many of the people that they fought (including the Anglo-Saxons themselves) initially came from North Europe. European history prior to the Vikings had been a cycle of North European people migrating south, seeking better lands and loot, and fighting South Europeans.

[​IMG]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Migration_Period#Origins_of_Germanic_tribes

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
    Zer, luckyshot and Supereem like this.
  10. Rusk Black Belt

Rusk
    This should be "Chuhna" ... its a strange word because to me it seems that it was made up by a foreigner that was not fluent in Russian and Russians just picked up on it. The right way to say it would be "Chuhnya".

Also i am pretty sure the term comes from "Chuhonets" which was a derogatory term for Russian and Baltic Finns. It was a term that basically meant savage and was used not for traveling Fins but for local Fins.

I am not saying that what you wrote is wrong, i just find the term to be kind of weird.

11. Supereem Black Belt

Supereem
    You realise franks, anglos, Saxon’s, rus, germans (teutons), normans, lombards and many more all originated from Scandinavia? Half of Europe is marked by their genetic and logistic legacy. They just left in waves and attacked their ancestral kin (like vikings or Norman’s invading Anglo Saxon england).

12. TheGreatA Black Belt

TheGreatA
    That was just the Finnish spelling.

I think the original term to describe the Finnic people of those areas, was "Chud" or "tsuudi" (in Finnic language). Chuhna, and Chuhonets, must be some sort of a derivation of that, later used in a more derogatory manner.

The word was mostly popularized (for Finns, probably not so much the Russians) by the wars fought between Soviets and Finns in World War II, where it came to be used as an insult against Finns (while Finns themselves would "insult" Soviets by calling them "ryssä" or "rus", which is another weird term, since calling a Russian person Rus doesn't seem too insulting).

Rusk likes this.
  13. Bloodworth Silver Belt

Bloodworth
    Pray the Italian mafia comes back well organized .

Fight back Italy, your better then that.

14. Seaside Secretaría de Relaciones Exteriores

Seaside
    Russia and Ukraine most hardcore I have seen and have stories for days. Seen video on liveleak and stuff. You can legit be killed for this stuff or diarespect oe even just being forein and dark. You can easily get way with a lot in say London or Paris as a immigrant.

Now imagine a muslim country. Imagine how a black migrant criminal be treated in Egypt? In Russia he migt be beaten to death or beaten then deported in egypt they will shoot you or hang you.

15. Rod1 Titanium Belt

Rod1
    I wouldnt be surprised if the Nigerian worked for the mafia TBH.

loyalyolayal likes this.
  16. Bacco Black Belt

Bacco
    This.
    Mafias are making tons of money with corrupted politicians in 99 different ways from this situation
    With refuge centers, taking a % of theyr drug dealing, making them work etc

Also as soon the numbers started to rise and africans started to feel strong toward local crime in heavy crime areas (Naples in that case) the camorra ordered a raid that killed 5-6 of them... the police worked faster than usual at catch the killers (If anybody watch "Gomorra" tv series one episode is based on that story)

Essentially the state wanted made clear to local crime that it's not free game go kill immigrant criminals, likely due international exposure i guess, as the international (and italian?) public opinion don't give much fucks when neapolitans criminals kill each others, but you will see euro-outrage if dozens or more of african drug dealers get killed and there will be international blame on italian government

And being org crime essentially low profile they now just menace/beat up them without cause deaths, so whoever imagine some mafia killer in suit going full John Wick is living in a fantasy world.

Also because it will not be a positive thing, is like say that snakes eating the rats make the home safer LOL

Sure one or two that cross the line will disappear, but that's it

KnightTemplar, Bald1 and Zer like this.
  17. Seaside Secretaría de Relaciones Exteriores

Seaside
    Africans in general. You can easily die in Subsaharan Africa for showing disrespect. There won' be any government liberals crying about a dead white guy. And I say whole muslim world and even India. And China. Okay nvm all asia and africa

18. 21 Savage Banned

21 Savage

Y I K E S
    I
    K
    E
    S

19. DespicablePeep Brown Belt

DespicablePeep

Portuguese are racist as fuck, I´d venture to say the same about Spanish and Italians, but as a Portuguese I can give my word on it.

20. DespicablePeep Brown Belt

DespicablePeep
    He has a point, Spain and Portugal pretty much shapped the new world.