Newest research hints that first life may have been designed

If last common ancestor could move aptly in any direction, how did the motile mechanism get there in the first place? Then the research refutes the idea that it was due to a life form absorping another and using it as one of its organs. What does that leave you with? You tell me
the paper doesn't tell you that it was designed by a creator or an intelligent designer, that's for sure. reading the article, it doesn't go into the "common ancestor" evolution, only the part they were researching. can't insert something that's not there. everything in that article is explicitly stated. scientific papers can't be vague. again I asked you, where did you get that they hinted at a designer? you didn't answer my original question properly. I want quotes and references.

1407076723507.png

Fedora defense force confirmed
12224140_1637499436511901_1275089932_n.jpg

It leaves a question that needs to be researched, not filled in with "God did it".

I never said God did. As I said, my friend who studies biochem has successfully added new functions to E Coli in lab and she's not God, far from it.

Even if the common ancestor of all known life is one organism, that doesn't mean that it's the first life form. It would mean that it is the common ancestor. It doesn't preclude other branches of life that died out, and it doesn't mean that it came from nothing else.

I thought most, if not all, jellyfish had no form of locomotion.
It seems everyone failed to read the part where I said I'm not a biologist. I took one biology class in high school, and one in college. All I know is that it's a huge leap in logic to go from what was in the OP to "must have been designed by God or aliens."

I'm not even saying either of those could not have happened.

It seems everyone failed to read the part where I said I'm not a biologist. I took one biology class in high school, and one in college. All I know is that it's a huge leap in logic to go from what was in the OP to "must have been designed by God or aliens."

I'm not even saying either of those could not have happened.

I wasn't trying to contradict you. I'm not a biologist either. You said you thought there may be other life forms that don't have locomotion and I supported that by saying I thought jellyfish had no locomotion.

I wasn't trying to contradict you. I'm not a biologist either. You said you thought there may be other life forms that don't have locomotion and I supported that by saying I thought jellyfish had no locomotion.
I know. There were just numerous people who quoted me and asked some kind of question, most of them loaded questions hoping to further their agenda. Yours just happened to be the last question I read, as well as the one that stood out. But I was basically addressing all of the questions.

Not that I really care but can someone honestly explain to me exactly how the fedora fell so very far in our collective esteem? Is it because of dudes pretending to be cooler than they are? Or the fact they're not detectives?

The fedora looked super cool but for some reason, somewhere along the line, it became the symbol of a fool. I'm not exactly sure why, but maybe it has something to do with being part of a complete image. No one can wear a fedora with a hawaiian shirt unless you want to look like a balding pedophile. And throwing a leather jacket on it is not a solution to anything other than the rare time you encounter a hostage having just escaped some bus driver's basement after four years.

Hats and jackets do not pull together your outfit.

Just my opinion - there's too much organization in life and in the universe for it to all be random and without a guiding hand.

Just my opinion - there's too much weird shit and random nonsense for it to have been guided by intelligent thought.

I didn't assert there is too much organization for scientific explanation. That's not what I said at all. Clearly science has explanations for almost everything but typically those explanations explain the how, not the way.

Why is organization inherent to existence? Why does gravity exist? Like we just take it for granted that matter has mass and that mass attracts other things via it's gravitational field but WHY? Why are there physical laws inherent to the nature of reality? Why do life forms naturally organize themselves and develop into more and more complex organisms?

These are the same as asking why the sky is blue.

It's a miracle either way. Simply astonishing. Could we have started with a rock shot off someplace else or been planted here by galaxy navigating advanced life? It's possible.

I'm thinking that is our destiny, to be honest. We need to find planets in the zone and send some very resistant simple life forms that live off light. Would they know in 4 billion years that we sent that first rock? Probably not.

I think advanced civilizations where they (likely infrequently) arise, come to the point where they have to decide whether to spread life. If we are almost there, it's definitely possible we come from such a process. I mean, you know we aren't a die at generation solar system? We came from a supernova. There were whole generations of stars before us, our star, and our planet.

If we were facing annihilation from our star expanding, or from a nearby nova or other phenomenon, wouldn't you want to keep the party going? I would be all for blasting as much life containing microorganisms to as many systems as possible. Especially of we hadn't found another life yet.

Just my opinion - there's too much weird shit and random nonsense for it to have been guided by intelligent thought.

It's guided by natural,.or now unnatural selection.. But there COULD have been something that kicked it off.

These are the same as asking why the sky is blue.

I dont see how asking why something as arbitrary as the color of the sky is blue, is equivalent to 'why do physics exist in the first place'.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3322410/

"We summarize evidence that the last common ancestor of all eukaryotic organisms possessed a 9+2 flagellum that was used for gliding motility along surfaces, beating motility to generate fluid flow, and localized distribution of sensory receptors, and trace possible earlier stages in the evolution of these characteristics."

Very interesting and would make a lot of sense. Last common ancestor had to come fully equipped or at least with a motile device. You can't expect an organism of any kind to survive without ways to move about, otherwise it would get stuck or never get to where it's required to be in order to survive. As you know, cells in your body have different functions, so they need to be somewhere precise at a precise time. The flagella or cilia are used to get them on time, on target. These motile devices seem to have been around forever lol

That's not what the research suggests at all, nor is it what the researchers are presenting.

This is what the research is presenting.

Overwhelming evidence now refutes the hypothesis that they are the modified remnants of symbiotic spirochaete-like prokaryotes, and supports the hypothesis that they arose from a simpler cytoplasmic microtubule-based intracellular transport system.

The first life created on earth
Genesis 1
20 And God said, “Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the vault of the sky.” 21 So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living thing with which the water teems and that moves about in it, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 22 God blessed them and said, “Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the water in the seas, and let the birds increase on the earth.” 23 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fifth day.

Back