Newest research hints that first life may have been designed | Page 3

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by ScriptReadsMe, Jul 17, 2017 at 9:19 AM.

1. Kiddo716 Cubic Zirconia Belt

Kiddo716
    the paper doesn't tell you that it was designed by a creator or an intelligent designer, that's for sure. reading the article, it doesn't go into the "common ancestor" evolution, only the part they were researching. can't insert something that's not there. everything in that article is explicitly stated. scientific papers can't be vague. again I asked you, where did you get that they hinted at a designer? you didn't answer my original question properly. I want quotes and references.

TheWorm, ShinkanPo and weich like this.
  2. Pwent WOW!

Pwent
    Fedora defense force confirmed
    [​IMG]

Undying Poster likes this.
  3. FyrFytr998 Black Belt

FyrFytr998
    By the priests near Uranus?

4. ScriptReadsMe Blue Belt

ScriptReadsMe
    I never said God did. As I said, my friend who studies biochem has successfully added new functions to E Coli in lab and she's not God, far from it.

5. Undying Poster The Sherdog of Damascus

Undying Poster
    Someone's jealous he can't look this good

6. Fawlty Silver Belt

Fawlty
    Even if the common ancestor of all known life is one organism, that doesn't mean that it's the first life form. It would mean that it is the common ancestor. It doesn't preclude other branches of life that died out, and it doesn't mean that it came from nothing else.

7. Jack Reacheround Never Go Black

Jack Reacheround
    It seems everyone failed to read the part where I said I'm not a biologist. I took one biology class in high school, and one in college. All I know is that it's a huge leap in logic to go from what was in the OP to "must have been designed by God or aliens."

I'm not even saying either of those could not have happened.

8. superpunch Black Belt

superpunch
  9. weich Silver Belt

weich
    I wasn't trying to contradict you. I'm not a biologist either. You said you thought there may be other life forms that don't have locomotion and I supported that by saying I thought jellyfish had no locomotion.

10. Jack Reacheround Never Go Black

Jack Reacheround
    I know. There were just numerous people who quoted me and asked some kind of question, most of them loaded questions hoping to further their agenda. Yours just happened to be the last question I read, as well as the one that stood out. But I was basically addressing all of the questions.

faustian and ShinkanPo like this.
  11. RerouteToRemain Red Belt

RerouteToRemain
  12. Secret Agent BOB SPONGE

Secret Agent
    Not that I really care but can someone honestly explain to me exactly how the fedora fell so very far in our collective esteem? Is it because of dudes pretending to be cooler than they are? Or the fact they're not detectives?

The fedora looked super cool but for some reason, somewhere along the line, it became the symbol of a fool. I'm not exactly sure why, but maybe it has something to do with being part of a complete image. No one can wear a fedora with a hawaiian shirt unless you want to look like a balding pedophile. And throwing a leather jacket on it is not a solution to anything other than the rare time you encounter a hostage having just escaped some bus driver's basement after four years.

Hats and jackets do not pull together your outfit.

Monkadelic likes this.
  13. blaseblah Black Belt

blaseblah
    Just my opinion - there's too much weird shit and random nonsense for it to have been guided by intelligent thought.

TheWorm and Dogstarman like this.
  14. blaseblah Black Belt

blaseblah
    These are the same as asking why the sky is blue.

15. Amerikuracana Steel Belt

Amerikuracana
    It's a miracle either way. Simply astonishing. Could we have started with a rock shot off someplace else or been planted here by galaxy navigating advanced life? It's possible.

I'm thinking that is our destiny, to be honest. We need to find planets in the zone and send some very resistant simple life forms that live off light. Would they know in 4 billion years that we sent that first rock? Probably not.

I think advanced civilizations where they (likely infrequently) arise, come to the point where they have to decide whether to spread life. If we are almost there, it's definitely possible we come from such a process. I mean, you know we aren't a die at generation solar system? We came from a supernova. There were whole generations of stars before us, our star, and our planet.

If we were facing annihilation from our star expanding, or from a nearby nova or other phenomenon, wouldn't you want to keep the party going? I would be all for blasting as much life containing microorganisms to as many systems as possible. Especially of we hadn't found another life yet.

Der Eisbar likes this.
  16. Amerikuracana Steel Belt

Amerikuracana
    It's guided by natural,.or now unnatural selection.. But there COULD have been something that kicked it off.

17. ithinktheymad Black Belt

ithinktheymad
    It's pronounced Urectum.

Monkadelic and FyrFytr998 like this.
  18. Der Eisbar Furry funk master

Der Eisbar
    I dont see how asking why something as arbitrary as the color of the sky is blue, is equivalent to 'why do physics exist in the first place'.

19. jgarner Black Belt

jgarner

That's not what the research suggests at all, nor is it what the researchers are presenting.

This is what the research is presenting.

Overwhelming evidence now refutes the hypothesis that they are the modified remnants of symbiotic spirochaete-like prokaryotes, and supports the hypothesis that they arose from a simpler cytoplasmic microtubule-based intracellular transport system.

TheWorm and Dogstarman like this.
  20. ripskater Steel Belt

ripskater
    The first life created on earth
    Genesis 1
    20 And God said, “Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the vault of the sky.” 21 So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living thing with which the water teems and that moves about in it, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 22 God blessed them and said, “Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the water in the seas, and let the birds increase on the earth.” 23 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fifth day.

splendica likes this.