Newest research hints that first life may have been designed

ScriptReadsMe

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3322410/

"We summarize evidence that the last common ancestor of all eukaryotic organisms possessed a 9+2 flagellum that was used for gliding motility along surfaces, beating motility to generate fluid flow, and localized distribution of sensory receptors, and trace possible earlier stages in the evolution of these characteristics."

Very interesting and would make a lot of sense. Last common ancestor had to come fully equipped or at least with a motile device. You can't expect an organism of any kind to survive without ways to move about, otherwise it would get stuck or never get to where it's required to be in order to survive. As you know, cells in your body have different functions, so they need to be somewhere precise at a precise time. The flagella or cilia are used to get them on time, on target. These motile devices seem to have been around forever lol

1sxwyg-prometheus-2-plot-clues-blade-runner-easter-egg-hints-david-return.jpg

Last edited:
God must've waved his magic wand and created everything
There's no other explanation

Creationism and intelligent design are two different things. A friend of mine who studies biochemistry is adding new functions to escherichia coli in her university lab, she's no God though.

That's the only conclusion that can be reasonably drawn here. We can't explain something that happened hundreds of millions of years ago, therefore, God. Can't argue with that logic.

That's the only conclusion that can be reasonably drawn here. We can't explain something that happened hundreds of millions of years ago, therefore, God. Can't argue with that logic.

How could the most primitive life form survive if it had no way of locomotion?

Francis Crick posited that DNA was artificial. DNA is strange shit.

How could the most primitive life form survive if it had no way of locomotion?

I'm not a biologist. But I'm sure there are many ways they could have survived. Maybe photosynthesis. Maybe, since they were in water, they just floated along and whatever they consumed ran into them. These are just two explanations I can think of off the top of my head. I'm sure a biologist, or someone with a degree in biology could give you plenty of examples in nature of living things that don't move and come up with a million different explanations.

And even if they can't, it's a huge leap in logic to go from "we don't understand that," to "that must mean God designed all life." Besides, I thought the Earth was only 6,000 years old. These fossils of organisms are much older. So, you can't cite them as evidence that God created all life if you disregard their existence altogether.

By the way, don't do other branches of science hint at the existence of a conscious observer long before humans arrived? In quantum mechanics a wave function requires a conscious observer for it to collapse. A measuring device or macroscopic object devoid of consciousness wouldn't suffice because you could write a wave function encompassing whatever you are measuring + the device/macroscopic object. So for anything to take place, it requires a conscious observer lol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Measurement_problem

Read the Op again please.

I'm not a biologist. But I'm sure there are many ways they could have survived. Maybe photosynthesis. Maybe, since they were in water, they just floated along and whatever they consumed ran into them. These are just two explanations I can think of off the top of my head. I'm sure a biologist, or someone with a degree in biology could give you plenty of examples in nature of living things that don't move and come up with a million different explanations.

And even if they can't, it's a huge leap in logic to go from "we don't understand that," to "that must mean God designed all life." Besides, I thought the Earth was only 6,000 years old. These fossils of organisms are much older. So, you can't cite them as evidence that God created all life if you disregard their existence altogether.

Wouldn't fit with what we already know. In the course of evolution of life on earth, photosynthesis arrived much later.

lifeline1.jpg

Second explanation doesn't work either. Floating aimlessly doesn't get you where you have to be to survive. It's more than likely that you would get stuck somewhere. Say you have to send an important letter to someone across the ocean. What are the odds that the message gets to him in time if you write it on a piece of paper, shove it in a bottle and let it drift in the ocean?

Just my opinion - there's too much organization in life and in the universe for it to all be random and without a guiding hand.

Wouldn't fit with what we already know. In the course of evolution of life on earth, photosynthesis arrived much later.

lifeline1.jpg

Second explanation doesn't work either. Floating aimlessly doesn't get you where you have to be to survive. It's more than likely that you would get stuck somewhere. Say you have to send an important letter to someone across the ocean. What are the odds that the message gets to him in time if you write it on a piece of paper, shove it in a bottle and let it drift in the ocean?

That's not true. Plants literally survive by their seed floating aimlessly. There's actual documented evidence of certain plant (or tree) species' seeds evolving to be able to float further than previously, to ensure better survival chances. Plants don't move around to survive, they use the environments around them for transport, and the ones that get to places where they can survive, do. And those that don't die off.

Reminder that no matter how many attempts we make, including recreating the primordial soup materials, temperatures and pressures, we have never been able to make life from non living material

There is as much evidence for God as there is for the "stuff was churning around and life popped together" theory that people pretend is scientific

I thought most, if not all, jellyfish had no form of locomotion.

TS, what part of that article you linked to points to Intelligent Design at all? I read the whole thing and I don't see anything to suggest ID.

Back