New York: Suicide bomber -'Explosion' at Manhattan bus terminal. 1 Suspect in custody. 4 injured

interesting. please tell me more about my home town Mr. Canadian
Are you cool with the idea of the ground zero mosque? Or should I say prayer space? I gotta say, as a far removed Mr Canadian it rubs me the wrong way.

My point is this,that was a part and parcel speech period. Maybe that went over your head. Terrorism is a world concern not just a USA problem,handle it anyhow you see fit. Want to laugh with your head in your ass feel free to do that too.

nyet. again , you're not from NY. you have no idea what the atmosphere is like here. next, you're shifting goal posts. we're talking about New York & the recently botched attack here dumb dumb. stay in lane here, not a hard thing to do.

the video's message did indeed go over your head. you aren't privy to all the jokes told as us NYers can relate to so well. it speaks to us differently than you non-Americans. that's fine.

what I don't understand is why it upsets you so much. definitely a personal problem. but considering your contributions on here, I can't say I'm surprised.

Are you cool with the idea of the ground zero mosque? Or should I say prayer space? I gotta say, as a far removed Mr Canadian it rubs me the wrong way.
It would rub everyone the wrong way. Not just Americans died there either. Although they obviously were the vast majority.

nyet. again , you're not from NY. you have no idea what the atmosphere is like here. next, you're shifting goal posts. we're talking about New York & the recently botched attack here dumb dumb. stay in lane here, not a hard thing to do.

the video's message did indeed go over your head. you aren't privy to all the jokes told as us NYers can relate to so well. it speaks to us differently than you non-Americans. that's fine.

what I din't understand why it upsets you so much. definitely a personal problem. but considering your contributions on here, I can't say I'm surprised.
Do you know what part and parcel is? Ny private jokes aren’t the point. Neither is atmosphere of the city.

nope, definitely believe it was poor in taste, considering the timing of it all. but I can't recall the history of it but supposedly the way it all went down was "kosher" or as "kosher" can be.

Do you know what part and parcel is? Ny private jokes aren’t the point. Neither is atmosphere.

yes, & you can ask yourself why you're goading me into a discussion I never intended to have.

yes, & you can ask yourself why you're goading me into a discussion I never intended to have.
Omfg my only point was Colbert was making jokes part and parcel style and you went on this tangent about New Yorkers private jokes and mindset. You changed the subject not myself. I was commenting on the vid

nope, definitely believe it was poor in taste, considering the timing of it all. but I can't recall the history of it but supposedly the way it all went down was "kosher" or as "kosher" can be.
Cool. I believe it's an insult to those who died there, and a morale booster for those who hate our way of life.

Just wanted to get your take on it.

Cool. I believe it's an insult to those who died there, and a morale booster for those who hate our way of life.

I can’t even imagine how much they must laugh at ny for letting that go up there.

Omfg my only point was Colbert was making jokes part and parcel style and you went on this tangent about New Yorkers private jokes and mindset. You changed the subject not myself. I was commenting on the vid

how did I change the subject? you're the one bringing up pointlessly how "terrorism isn't just a USA" problem. which is irrelevant to any point I've made.

for sure, a buddy of mine's brother died there, a rookie firefighter only 3 days into the job. & a distant relative from my mom's side survived but had someone else's blood all over him.

I've delved into a LOT of emotional trips over the years, but at the same time I realize there were Muslim Americans that died that day too, who were going to work like everyone else.

I can’t even imagine how much they must laugh at ny for letting that go up there.
I think of it kind of like planting a flag and claiming territory.

for sure, a buddy of mine's brother died there, a rookie firefighter only 3 days into the job. & a distant relative from my mom's side survived but had someone else's blood all over him.

I've delved into a LOT of emotional trips over the years, but at the same time I realize there were Muslim Americans that died that day too, who were going to work like everyone else.
I vividly remember that day so can't imagine what it was like for you locals.

True enough. I don't have any issues with individual Muslims, but believe Islam to be a very problematic ideology.

Cool. I'm sure you have more than this, but this is the 1st paragraph of the 1st link when I googled "religous persecution sub saharan Africa" -

"Radical Islamists were the main persecutors of Christians around the world last year, not only in the Middle East but increasingly in sub-Saharan Africa, according to an annual survey monitoring religious freedom."

I must say I don't know how reliable the Jerusalem Post is, but found that result entertaining in light of our convo. When I substituted "China", the result is persecution by the state. I'm going to ignore those two results, and we can have this convo at your convenience.

Thanks. To respond directly to your concerns:

1. Dhimmitude.
2. "Kill the non believers..."
3. Non Muslims are not allowed in Mecca where
4. atheists are classified as terrorists by law, and
5. it's illegal for gay couples to have sex.

Fuck me...it deleted my post. Let me try to rehash it:

1. I don't know what that is.

2. There is no country in the world where it is legal to kill non-Muslims just for being non-Muslim.

3. There are places in India and Nepal that non-Hindus cannot go:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_segregation

There is also a genocide of Muslims going on in the Central African Republic (and Myanmar).

4. There are still 7 states in America that have laws against Athiests holding public office. That's in America. Christians in Africa and South America treat athiests like shit. I don't have any links, but I don't imagine that's a surprising assertion to anyone who knows Christians from either of those continents.

5. LGBT rights in Africa are horrendous, even in the Christian countries:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_in_Africa

You can see the stats along the sidebar if you want a quick read.

Thanks. To respond directly to your concerns:

Fuck me...it deleted my post. Let me try to rehash it:

1. I don't know what that is.

2. There is no country in the world where it is legal to kill non-Muslims just for being non-Muslim.

3. There are places in India and Nepal that non-Hindus cannot go:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_segregation

There is also a genocide of Muslims going on in the Central African Republic (and Myanmar).

4. There are still 7 states in America that have laws against Athiests holding public office. That's in America. Christians in Africa and South America treat athiests like shit. I don't have any links, but I don't imagine that's a surprising assertion to anyone who knows Christians from either of those continents.

5. LGBT rights in Africa are horrendous, even in the Christian countries:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_in_Africa

You can see the stats along the sidebar if you want a quick read.
I think we're talking about different things. This is where I barged in on your convo with dontsnitch: Sorry for the craptastic copy/paste job. Now I'm on my phone.

Ds:
"I mean that those who adhere to Islam are generally less tolerant than those who hold other religious beliefs because of, but not limited to, the nature of Islam itself."

You:
"I can almost agree with this, depending on what you've based this on. Where are you getting this from?"

Then I trampled in -
1) Dhimmi is a non believer 2nd class citizen under Islam. They have different rights then Muslims, but ironically are called the protected class. I migh actually be off on that term though.
2) Kill the non believers is a line from the Quran meaning love your neighbor who's a non believer. Or so some would interpret the literal words of Allah
3) I don't doubt it. No arguments here.
4) Not being allowed to hold public office is a far cry from a capital offense.
5) Once again, I don't doubt it.

My post illustrates the concentration of intolerance in one particular faith. It was ment to address your post to @dontsnitch concerning intolerance in Islam. While your rebuttal to me included examples from various political and religous lines. Maybe I missed something, but it seemed like you were wanting examples of said intolerance.

Jesus bombing a bus terminal isn't exactly cutting into the heart of the patriarchy.

I think we're talking about different things. This is where I barged in on your convo with dontsnitch: Sorry for the craptastic copy/paste job. Now I'm on my phone.

Ds:
"I mean that those who adhere to Islam are generally less tolerant than those who hold other religious beliefs because of, but not limited to, the nature of Islam itself."

You:
"I can almost agree with this, depending on what you've based this on. Where are you getting this from?"

Then I trampled in -
1) Dhimmi is a non believer 2nd class citizen under Islam. They have different rights then Muslims, but ironically are called the protected class. I migh actually be off on that term though.
2) Kill the non believers is a line from the Quran meaning love your neighbor who's a non believer. Or so some would interpret the literal words of Allah
3) I don't doubt it. No arguments here.
4) Not being allowed to hold public office is a far cry from a capital offense.
5) Once again, I don't doubt it.

My post illustrates the concentration of intolerance in one particular faith. It was ment to address your post to @dontsnitch concerning intolerance in Islam. While your rebuttal to me included examples from various political and religous lines. Maybe I missed something, but it seemed like you were wanting examples of said intolerance.

Ooooh, I see what you're saying. I never meant to say that there was no intolerance in Islam. My contention to Donsnitch was two main things:

1. He said "those who adhere to to Islam," meaning Muslims. The things Muslims do and the things that are written in the faith are not really the same. For example, when I Google Dhimmi, it says that no Islamic nation actually imposes it.

2. He specifically compared those who adhere to Islam to practitioners of other religions by saying the former were "less tolerant." It's one thing to say "golden retrievers are big." But if you say "golden retrievers are bigger than other dog breeds," I need to see how you're measuring these animals.

That's why, when you posted examples of intolerance, my counters were to buttress objections 1 (that Muslims don't actually practice some religious teaching or state mandate) or 2 (that the problem isn't unique to or egregious in Islam).

Are we on the same page or am I still missing something?

Back