New York: Suicide bomber -'Explosion' at Manhattan bus terminal. 1 Suspect in custody. 4 injured

well that travel ban really worked out. ill bet anything the suspect is not from the banned countries but from a country the US considers an ally.

edit moment of explosion:

nothing graphic chill mods.

He had the right idea with the travel ban as it’s an effective deterrent. Terrorism and crime tactics go in cycles, history tends to repeat itself. Good thing there are people out there willing to pay a price so you can keep enjoying your quiktrip.

See, you don't get why the joke is retarded either. That's fine, but, again, you look dumb. I'm just giving you a heads up. I assume you have educated friends? Say that joke in front of them and they'll all look at you like you're daft.
Why is it a dumb joke? You keep talking like you are being clever but have not actually said why it is being dumb? The joke would not be funny if it were not true. So give me an actual heads up as too why this triggers you so much? Its like you want to minimize the fact the EU does this..

I think this disagreement is key in this entire conversation, and I'd like to unpack it a little more.

When Pew cites that hundreds of millions of Muslims believe in death for apostates, for example, how do you reconcile that with the idea that such beliefs are not worthy of criticism, and Islam by extension, we can draw a direct line to these beliefs and Islam?

It's not hyperbole that hundreds of millions of Muslims believe in murder for believing the "wrong" idea. To say this is a male problem, and not an ideological problem, is deeply dishonest.

I think you misunderstood. I wasn't saying that, specifically, was a mle problem.

Lemme explain: The Old Testment recommends death for a number of people. Gays, unclean women who touch shit, heretics. If you ask a Christian if they support these punishment, they will often say no, depending on where they're from and what type of Christianity they practice.

Now, ask someone if they are a Christian. They say yes. Ask them if they support the law of the Bible. Most will say "of course". But they're only thinking about the laws that happen to agree with their lifestyle. Now, after asking them if they support the law of the Bible, ask them if they support executing gays. You will get inaccurate results for several reasons: priming, dissonance, foot-in-the door, primacy fallacy, broup bias, agreeability, desire for conformity, etc.

Again, no scientist would allow such questioning, but pollsters often aren't scientists. Their job is to gather data, not form conclusions, as such they are less responsible for gathering data that leads to bad conclusions and they follow less rigorous standards.

Do you see my concern?

Why is it a dumb joke? You keep talking like you are being clever but have not actually said why it is being dumb? The joke would not be funny if it were not true. So give me an actual heads up as too why this triggers you so much? Its like you want to minimize the fact the EU does this..

When did the EU start calling these people Asians?

that was real darn nice of god to let her live. Shame he had to let the others get hurt though. And let all the others die in the past.

Last edited:
IF I see a Muslim that looks like this, I am going to take him down with a double leg. Sword be damned.
sikh1.jpg
Are you serious?

Lol

well that travel ban really worked out. ill bet anything the suspect is not from the banned countries but from a country the US considers an ally.

edit moment of explosion:

nothing graphic chill mods.

Just because there is a list of banned countries doesn't mean there will never be terrorist from somewhere else. I haven't read the article, but even if he were from one of the banned countries, doesn't mean he wasn't already here before the ban. Neither of these obvious things should have to be pointed out.

I think you misunderstood. I wasn't saying that, specifically, was a mle problem.

Lemme explain: The Old Testment recommends death for a number of people. Gays, unclean women who touch shit, heretics. If you ask a Christian if they support these punishment, they will often say no, depending on where they're from and what type of Christianity they practice.

Now, ask someone if they are a Christian. They say yes. Ask them if they support the law of the Bible. Most will say "of course". But they're only thinking about the laws that happen to agree with their lifestyle. Now, after asking them if they support the law of the Bible, ask them if they support executing gays. You will get inaccurate results for several reasons: priming, dissonance, foot-in-the door, primacy fallacy, broup bias, agreeability, desire for conformity, etc.

Again, no scientist would allow such questioning, but pollsters often aren't scientists. Their job is to gather data, not form conclusions, as such they are less responsible for gathering data that leads to bad conclusions and they follow less rigorous standards.

Do you see my concern?

Okay, your concern about the procedures of polling has merit, but that's not to say that these surveys are flawed beyond belief, which is something we should be able to agree upon. Perhaps 75 million of Indonesian Muslims don't believe in death to apostates, maybe the number is more like 40 million, hell, maybe it's only a couple of dozen million, the point is the same regardless- there is a problem of intolerance within Islam because of the nature of the ideology. Yes, there are other factors, I'm not saying there are not.

If hundreds of millions of Christians around the world not only believed in death to apostates, but actually practiced barbaric tenets, I would not hesitate to call it out. It wouldn't affect my own faith.

I think part of the problem is that when people make the statements I'm making here, it's often (especially on here) followed by some pretty unreasonable statements, and this makes people disagree with the original premise that Islam in it's current form has serious problems to address.

Last edited:
Couple of years ago. There have been threads on it.. Why have you not answered the question i asked?

Because you're ignorant and probably either get your information from unreliable sources or you seek out information that confirms your worldview.

They did not start calling them asians "a couple years ago," that's just when you became aware of it. It's been common practice in the UK forever. When England was an empire, guess who the first asians they had a relationship with were? South Asians. Indians. So they called these people asian because these people were the only asians they knew. This didn't start in 2010. This didn't start in 1910. This started in the 1600s, when Islam was barely even a religion.

Do you now see how retarded the joke is? Do you see how its akin to making fun of Joe Rogan for saying "Jose Aldo" instead of "Hose Aldo"?

Because you're ignorant and probably either get your information from unreliable sources or you seek out information that confirms your worldview.

They did not start calling them asians "a couple years ago," that's just when you became aware of it. It's been common practice in the UK forever. When England was an empire, guess who the first asians they had a relationship with were? South Asians. Indians. So they called these people asian because these people were the only asians they knew. This didn't start in 2010. This didn't start in 1910. This started in the 1600s, when Islam was barely even a religion.

Do you now see how retarded the joke is? Do you see how its akin to making fun of Joe Rogan for saying "Jose Aldo" instead of "Hose Aldo"?
Hmm.. Interesting.. I actually didnt know they were doing that all that far back... so thanks for that.. Though you could have done it with out the insults tbh and had the same educational effect.

Okay, your concern about the procedures of polling has merit, but that's not to say that these surveys are flawed beyond belief, which is something we should be able to agree upon. Perhaps 75 million of Indonesian Muslims don't believe in death to apostates, maybe the number is more like 40 million, hell, maybe it's only a couple of dozen million, the point is the same regardless- there is a problem of intolerance within Islam because of the nature of the ideology. Yes, there are other factors, I'm not saying there are not.

They're not flawed at all--they do what they're intended to do. But we have the social sciences for a reason. There is a proper way of going about trying to interpret the human mind, and polls don't really do that.

For example, a social scientist would have to have an operational definition. What do we mean by "believe" in death to apostates? Does it mean they want to live in a society that kills apostates? Does that mean they think every society should kill apostates? If a team of female researchers ask me if I'm a male, I would say yes. Now what if their next question is, "Do men want power more than women?" Am I answering for all men or just for myself? "Are you a Muslim?" Yes. "Do you believe in death to apostates?" Are you asking me based on my Muslim belief or my personal belief?

Ask Muslims how many of them believe alcohol should be banned. Now ask how many of them drink alcohol. Which one is the correct "belief"?

These are the sorts of problems a good social scientist would eliminate that these pollsters didn't. I see this problem here on the forums all the time and shows why scientific training is important for everyone. People use words however they want. They don't define terms before discussing. Then these same people try to read journalist summations of complex studies and come to ridiculous conclusions.

If hundreds of millions of Christians around the world not only believed in death to apostates, but actually practiced barbaric tenets, I would not hesitate to call it out. It wouldn't affect my own faith

The two most barbaric, whatever that means, continents in the world are Christian. Are you saying that Christians in Africa and South America don't support the laws of the Bible? Or that they may support these laws, but don't actually practice any of the barbarism?

I think part of the problem is that when people make the statements I'm making here, it's often (especially on here) followed by some pretty unreasonable statements, and this makes people disagree with the original premise that Islam in it's current form has serious problems to address.

Agreed.

I've never disagreed that Islam has serious problems. But my goal, if any, is to prevent the sort of attacks that frequently happen and I think trying to go after "Islam," which is itself a poor, nebulous target, doesn't actually fix anything. It's empty. No serious martial artist would give such nonsensical advice. "Hey coach, I just got knocked out again. Why?" "Your striking has serious problems."

In the last two months, I have been less than a mile away from two (one attempted) terror attacks. I have friends in (or from) Pakistan and Saudi and Israel and Iraq that I contact weekly, people I care about. I have family all across Nigeria. About every time I hear about an explosion, I have to check whether someone I love is dead. I have a vested interest in seeing these attacks end and that requires detailed understanding and a willingness, rather than an aversion, to examining specific information and rejecting easy conclusions.

Most of the people who rail against Islam don't actually give a shit about ending terrorism. It doesn't affect them. They have no stake in its end. So they just say whatever they want.

Hmm.. Interesting.. I actually didnt know they were doing that all that far back... so thanks for that.. Though you could have done it with out the insults tbh and had the same educational effect.

Sorry, I just got irritated with the other dude and it spilled over to you. Thanks for the measured response.

But, honestly, why can't we just give people the benefit of the doubt? Why would you be inclined to believe that the EU had some conspiracy that involved calling Asian people Asians in order to soften news about terrorism? Doesn't that sound ridiculous enough to at least warrant some fact checking?

Sorry, I just got irritated with the other dude and it spilled over to you. Thanks for the measured response.

But, honestly, why can't we just give people the benefit of the doubt? Why would you be inclined to believe that the EU had some conspiracy that involved calling Asian people Asians in order to soften news about terrorism? Doesn't that sound ridiculous enough to at least warrant some fact checking?

Pakis and Bangladeshis are called 'Asians' in the UK--a deliberate attempt at diluting responsibility for terrorism.

His entire clan was aware of his murderous mindset. I wish it was possible to deport them all.

[QUOTE="Leagon, post: 136639363, member: 123560]"
But, honestly, why can't we just give people the benefit of the doubt? Why would you be inclined to believe that the EU had some conspiracy that involved calling Asian people Asians in order to soften news about terrorism? Doesn't that sound ridiculous enough to at least warrant some fact checking?[/QUOTE]

You want my honest answer? Because they are leftist, and I personally dont trust PC leftists to be honest about who did what.

My honest answer is that i don't trust the PC leftists in this or any other country, especially when it seems like they go out of their way to cover up crimes related to Muslim immigrants. Case in point the Cologne mass assaults, or any of the other criminal activities they are upto.

Indians stink often, pretty damn bad. Especially up in Canada. Not usually terrorists but they will definitely short change you every chance they get. Indians are extremely cheap people generally. If one owes you money, don’t ever expect to get it back soundly

I will be sure to inform all my indian buddies who have paid me money they owed easily with no issues in brampton. Or the ones who buy me food and get me deals on shit at places their work. Their generosity is terrible.

They're not flawed at all--they do what they're intended to do. But we have the social sciences for a reason. There is a proper way of going about trying to interpret the human mind, and polls don't really do that.

For example, a social scientist would have to have an operational definition. What do we mean by "believe" in death to apostates? Does it mean they want to live in a society that kills apostates? Does that mean they think every society should kill apostates? If a team of female researchers ask me if I'm a male, I would say yes. Now what if their next question is, "Do men want power more than women?" Am I answering for all men or just for myself? "Are you a Muslim?" Yes. "Do you believe in death to apostates?" Are you asking me based on my Muslim belief or my personal belief?

Ask Muslims how many of them believe alcohol should be banned. Now ask how many of them drink alcohol. Which one is the correct "belief"?

These are the sorts of problems a good social scientist would eliminate that these pollsters didn't. I see this problem here on the forums all the time and shows why scientific training is important for everyone. People use words however they want. They don't define terms before discussing. Then these same people try to read journalist summations of complex studies and come to ridiculous conclusions.

Okay, but if we do the exact same poll and ask Christians the exact same questions (or Jews, or Buddhists, or Mormons), do you believe that we would get significant portions of them answering in the affirmative?
I understand your critique of Pew, it's fair, but the critique itself doesn't negate the conclusions in a significant way that would render these types of polls moot. For instance, when UK Muslims are asked about ISIS, a significant portion of them were sympathetic. This is a problem.

If you disagree with this we've reached a pretty significant impasse that we should just leave it here, respectfully.

The two most barbaric, whatever that means, continents in the world are Christian. Are you saying that Christians in Africa and South America don't support the laws of the Bible? Or that they may support these laws, but don't actually practice any of the barbarism?

I'm saying that there is violence and general intolerance towards the unbeliever in Islam unlike any other religion in the present day.

Agreed.

I've never disagreed that Islam has serious problems. But my goal, if any, is to prevent the sort of attacks that frequently happen and I think trying to go after "Islam," which is itself a poor, nebulous target, doesn't actually fix anything. It's empty. No serious martial artist would give such nonsensical advice. "Hey coach, I just got knocked out again. Why?" "Your striking has serious problems."

In the last two months, I have been less than a mile away from two (one attempted) terror attacks. I have friends in (or from) Pakistan and Saudi and Israel and Iraq that I contact weekly, people I care about. I have family all across Nigeria. About every time I hear about an explosion, I have to check whether someone I love is dead. I have a vested interest in seeing these attacks end and that requires detailed understanding and a willingness, rather than an aversion, to examining specific information and rejecting easy conclusions.

Most of the people who rail against Islam don't actually give a shit about ending terrorism. It doesn't affect them. They have no stake in its end. So they just say whatever they want.

In keeping with your analogy, there are those that believe there is no problem with the fighter's stand-up, and that everyone in the gym has problems with their striking so it's unfair to pick on this particular fighter. I would say that all of the fighters in this gym have problems with their striking, but Islam in particular is a palooka.

My stance is that, generally speaking, those who adhere to Islam hold beliefs that are antithetical to our culture, more so than other religions. That doesn't mean that other religions are perfect, or that the solution is to ban Muslims, but without accepting the first premise, the conversation cannot advance.

Back