New York Police Union Sues to Stop Release of Body Camera Videos

I think we are basically agreeing.

The next step is to decide who makes the decision about what to release and what to pixelate.
well just like NYPD already has a non police group called CCRB civilian complaint review board..i believe an outside non police (non PBA) group made up of lawyers or ex police can handle that just fine

but heres the catch.. if its in the case of lets say a cop shot an unarmed man..the argument could be made that releasing the video could taint the juror pool and make it impossible to have a fair trial etc... BUT the other side of that is the public has a right to see for themselves in the case of an acquittal etc,... we have seen this happen many times
these came out AFTER the cop was already found not guilty

cop shot an unarmed kid 7 times ..cop was found not guilty and the family sued and won 2.7 million

except for this one which was phone footage
Concerning your last video, I would like to see stronger protections for bystanders who record police activity in public, like consequences for officers who order people to stop lawful recording or jam cell phone signals. I want to see these protections because of the possibility of footage being "lost" Kenneth Trentadue style (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenneth_Michael_Trentadue).

Found your Reddit.

1509792544534.png
Don't smoke (cigarettes or weed) and wouldnt use a cheap ass tablet like that (ipad pro and samsung tab s3 baby) and

fuck fruit loops

Rice Krispies 4 life!!!
91wQJ7zL0hL._SL1500_.jpg

Unfortunately my operational posting matrix is fueled by tide pods and super male vitality. I am unable to enjoy drugs or carbohydrates.

DTR0mpyV4AEs4f_.jpg

People who defend the police can find ANYTHING in a video to hang their hat on. Some of the cases this year were amazing. Video should help a good cop, and seldom hurt a bad cop.

Have to disagree with them. It's a recording of the police doing their job. The subject matter of the video takes place in full view of the public so there's no reason to later make it private. In many ways, it is similar to police reports - a recording of some interaction between the police and the public - and those are public record.

Additionally, the public good is advanced by making the videos public record. The public has every right to view the way their police engage with the public (as noted earlier - these engagements happen in the open in the first place) and, as public servants, I can't think of a compelling police need for keeping them private.
Public servants saying the public should have no right to view the footage makes no sense.

{<huh}

If you were a doctor, pilot, construction worker (you get the gist) and you had some low information armchair qb second guessing you, accusing you of "brutality," offering their uninformed opinion... how would you react ?

Uninformed people giving their opinion happens in every public facing industry - from acting to architecture. Buddy works for the Army Corps of Engineers in Maryland and they get hundreds of complaints a week about how they are doing stuff that for damn sure most the people don't understand. Hell, college athletes catch shit all the time from "low information armchair qb(s) second guessing" them and they are not even paid. It's how it goes.

Uninformed people giving their opinion happens in every public facing industry - from acting to architecture. Buddy works for the Army Corps of Engineers in Maryland and they get hundreds of complaints a week about how they are doing stuff that for damn sure most the people don't understand. Hell, college athletes catch shit all the time from "low information armchair qb(s) second guessing" them and they are not even paid. It's how it goes.

I meant those types dictating outcomes of police use of force situations. F#ck that.

People who defend the police can find ANYTHING in a video to hang their hat on. Some of the cases this year were amazing. Video should help a good cop, and seldom hurt a bad cop.

Two way street. People that hate police will go to extreme lengths to condemn.

lol piggies are squealing. piggies want to murder people with impunity again.

if anything, the body cams should be live streamed on youtube 24 hours a day

Last edited:
That's true, but let's not pretend like the scale of power is even between them.

Well we've seen prosecutors cave to the sjw loons. But I've also seen shootings deemed justified that made me sick. Case by case

Well we've seen prosecutors cave to the sjw loons. But I've also seen shootings deemed justified that made me sick. Case by case

Real talk. In aggregate, and everything else being equal you think the court looks evenly on the citizenry as it does LEOs?

I meant those types dictating outcomes of police use of force situations. F#ck that.

Ultimately, as far I know, the police themselves or an established group determines the outcome (unless it goes to court) with respect to whether the officers actions are appropriate. The public comments may be ill-informed and unfriendly, but that do not in my opinion affect whether the videos should be made public absent a compelling reason to do otherwise.

So police/terrorists can have a union, be investigated by themselves, not take drug tests, dont legally have to protect you, legally have to have a low IQ, and now want to get rid of their body camera which we always hear stories of them turning it off or "malfunctioning." They need to keep body cameras. It helps all parties which would actually help what little good cops their are but also make it easier to claim self defense if you do legally kill a cop.

Back