New weight classes

Trade BW to Bellator for Mousasi and Bader back, send WMMA to Invicta... problems solved.

I would make a 130 pound division but only for hot chicks. Because what’s happening right now is you have skilled women cutting massive amounts of weight and it just doesn’t sell PPVs.

I guarantee you if you had hotter but less skilled women you would have more blood and violence. Just imagine Ariana Grande versus Hannah Montana. I guarantee you that fight ends in a finish.
I know I would finish!!

i think they should name them so they actually make sense..

how is a feather heavier than a bantam.. an entire fucking bird is lighter than a feather? and what the fuck is a welter?

Fleaweight
Spiderweight
Eggweight
Chickenweight
Dogweight
Porkweight
Horseweight
Whaleweight
bantam

adjective
Definition of bantam (Entry 2 of 3)

1: SMALL, DIMINUTIVE

2: pertly combative

You are never going to be able to accommodate everyone, anything new that is presented will usually have way too many damn weight classes
—to which I say 'welcome to everything that is wrong with boxing' or they will oversimplify and end up with Pre-ZUFFA weightclasses; Lightweight (170lb limit), Middleweight (200lb limit) and Heavyweight (200lb+). IMO I like the post-WEC merger era with the 7-weight class system; 135, 145, 155, 170, 185, 205, 265 THE END

Super Heavyweights are never going to catch on outside of Japan, hell, there's barely any good competition at Heavyweight to begin with. Anything under 135 belongs in the amateurs or regional promotions until fighters fill their frame for the big shows, exceptions for WMMA where it would be the 4-weight class system; 115, 125, 135 & 145 (you only have a handful of competitors above that weight, not enough to create a distinct weightclass, anything outside of that belongs only in the local/regional shows)

I think that the weight divisions would be best served (exluding flyweight seeing as it's basically gone now) as being:
135, 145, 155, 165, 175, 190, 205, 265 I think that would fix the LW/WW spread.
As for WMMA, I think the four current divisions are right, and they just need to actually put some effor into the FW's

Get rid of the HW division. MMA is not designed for big guys. Too much grappling is required and they just don't have the gas tanks for it.

At the every least, get rid of five round fights at anything above 170. Most turn into slop fests after three rounds.

Finally, they will never get rid of WMMA. You good ol' boys need to get over it, and move on.

Back