New weight classes

I really don't get this love for a Cruiserweight class at 225, especially with LHW and HW being some of the weakest divisions number and talent wise.
Sherdog's stupidity at it's best. I couldn't come with a worse idea, really.

I heard UFC is thinking about all new weight classes, what do you guys think about those?

150 - Lightweight
175 - Welterweight
200 - Middleweight
225 - Cruiserweight
275 - Heavyweight

Seems pretty good too me!

Wtf..dumb as shit..how the fuck is 200 middleweight??

This Bette be fake

And light weights shorten while WW goes up??

That’s sounds good

I would just remove the 225 weight class n the limit on hw

lol at your made up classes

Just imagine Ariana Grande versus Hannah Montana. I guarantee you that fight ends in a finish.

Isnt one a tv character? They might look the same age tho, not currently but Hannah Montana vs Ariana not-so-Grande.

Why less weight classes? This is a grappling heavy sport, if boxing can have a weight class every 7lbs so does MMA, i dont mind double or triple champions as long as they defend belts.

Wtf..dumb as shit..how the fuck is 200 middleweight??

This Bette be fake

And light weights shorten while WW goes up??

Pride MW was 200lbs noob

More weight between classes keeps fighters in there place

You people who want 10lbs between every weight class are so short sighted

Fighters will just hop from class to class and it will be a A WEIGHT CUTTING SHIT STORM

Less weight classes = less belts

Makes every division a division of KILLERS

Pride MW was 200lbs noob

More weight between classes keeps fighters in there place

You people who want 10lbs between every weight class are so short sighted

Fighters will just hop from class to class and it will be a A WEIGHT CUTTING SHIT STORM

Less weight classes = less belts

Makes every division a division of KILLERS

I hated that in pride and I hate it now..200lbs is not middleweight too heavy for the title

These weight classes do nothing to curve weight cutting just means more people are force to pick new weights to cut too..for example everyone who's a smaller heavyweight let's say 235 ish will just cut to 200lbs and fight middleweight

Also less belts is dumb as belts sell PPVs...and make for better marketing...how are you going to manage and promote divisions that are 80 to 100 people deep...fucking dumb..you'll go thru half the calendar year with just normal and title contender fights...

Your the fucking noob

i think they should name them so they actually make sense..

how is a feather heavier than a bantam.. an entire fucking bird is lighter than a feather? and what the fuck is a welter?

Fleaweight
Spiderweight
Eggweight
Chickenweight
Dogweight
Porkweight
Horseweight
Whaleweight

For me I think they should also get rid of 145 lbs womans division and 170 lbs division and make 165 and 175 lbs divisions.

Men: 135, 145, 155, 165, 175, 185, 205, HW
Woman: 115, 125, 135

I think this would make for a lot of great fights and also super fights. Cut the fat. Thoughts?

Topless womens division.

Everything free. I'm tired of people bitching about having to pay for a product.

Ditch Reebok and USADA, fire Jimmy Smith, send WMMA back to Invicta, stop doing PPVs, and finally WME divesting.

introduction of mens 115.

They should have never gotten rid of the 125lbs division.

If you wanna get rid of something, get rid of

Reebok deal
Giving out interim titles like candy
USADA
Watered down cards

Trade every single WMMA fighter for Bader, Davis, Moose, Rory, and Bendo back.

Source for that or did you make it up? Also, an absolute no to the pointless cruiserweight division which gets brought up all the time. Splitting 2 thin divisions into 3 makes them even worse.

Merging women's bantamweight and women's featherweight to a singular 140 division and women's flyweight/straw weight are the only real answers here.

Back