New to holding pads, chipped teeth

I watched those videos. Those are good; thanks.

Also, duly noted about the mouth guard. I'll be picking one of those up.

My dentist was able to get me in this morning, and they trimmed my teeth up pretty good. I'm actually surprised how good they came out. They actually look better than before... lol.

Thanks to everyone who's taken the time to reply in this thread. All the advice is appreciated, and I would appreciate any more you guys have.
Glad you're ok and you have the humble approach, even if it was (mostly) the other guy's fault.
Be safe and good luck!

I watched those videos. Those are good; thanks.

Also, duly noted about the mouth guard. I'll be picking one of those up.

My dentist was able to get me in this morning, and they trimmed my teeth up pretty good. I'm actually surprised how good they came out. They actually look better than before... lol.

Thanks to everyone who's taken the time to reply in this thread. All the advice is appreciated, and I would appreciate any more you guys have.

I'm glad your teeth ended up okay. I was really pissed off at how those 2 people behaved in the opening post.

I'm glad your teeth ended up okay. I was really pissed off at how those 2 people behaved in the opening post.

Thank you.

To clarify, are you referring to the instructor and the other dude in class?

When the opportunity affords itself you must get revenge on the instructor and pad holder... Do it when they least expect it. From this point onward, as long as you're at that gym, don't let them feel safe. Ever.

That's my advice.

jk.

Glad your teeth are okay.

This.

and post pics to sherdog afterwards.

If you can't beat em', Bill Cosby them

LOL @ getting them back, and at "Billy Cosbying" them.

LOL @ getting them back, and at "Billy Cosbying" them.
large.jpg

I always train with a mouthguard. I always expect them to kick me at full force so I'm ready for everything. And I still get ricocheted. Prepare for everythingn and learn to hold the pads correctly. It should really hit the side of your face. Learn to time it and press into their kicks.

The coach sounds like one of those mister tough guys. You finish the round even if you break your fingers. You earn respect there.

Back