Locked TERMINATOR: DARK FATE (First Teaser Poster; Trailer Tomorrow)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why they even brough ahnold back into it, hes too old

when they CGI his younger self that's pretty cool, but why not use an action star from our generation and make new storylines

they have milked Arnold enough as it is, nostalgia be damned, they cant go anywhere if they aren't wiling to move on from the past

I actually kind of liked the way an older Arnold was written into Genisys. Too bad that idea was wasted on such a shitty movie.

So Terminator went with the SJW theme too huh?

There's another movie I won't be watching.

I thought the show was merely decent

Just ran across an exchange I had forgotten that showed how simply they handled realities across time in the show.

SC: Aren't you supposed to take orders or something like that?
Cam: I do. From John.
SC: From John, so if I tell John to forbid you...
Cam: Not this John.
SC: Not this John. Aren't they the same?
Cam: Not yet.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I love this universe. I want them to keep making more. They've done a terrible job in the films, but I'm glad they keep trying. Salvation was flawed but I'm glad I live in a world where it was made rather than not, because it was an interesting look into that universe.

All the slack jawed simpletons who need Terminator to be about the same characters doing the same things using the same actors are just noise getting in the way. I would rather Arnold never come within a mile of one of these films ever again, because he's too old to be a terminator, and too bad an actor to be anything more than a novelty. He's just getting in the way. Maybe he can prove me wrong, but I feel he'll just be wasting resources that could have gone towards a better Terminator project.

And yeah, the show was fantastic. I didn't really appreciate it at first, but when it clicked, it had me all the way. It had me for moments in the first season, but the finale blew me out of my chair, and I was all in until the series ended. I can't really think of a better television action sequence than the one in the finale.

The music. The convergence of so many major characters into the climactic scene. Showing so much by showing very little. Dillahunt's perfect, expressionless demeanor. Ellison the sole survivor of the SWAT raid realizing the crazy woman he's been chasing wasn't crazy and terminators are real.

I think there's only one moment in the entire Terminator universe I liked better than that scene.

So Terminator went with the SJW theme too huh?

There's another movie I won't be watching.
In the words of ben shapiro, "let the market solve the problem."

If shit doesn't sell, it becomes a hot potato. Right now, theyre trying to use a name that sells with an agenda. watch what happens.

Not a valid reason at all imo
We don't want a million threads on the same topic. It would be chaotic and similar conversations would be going on in different places instead of centralized in the same place. Thread merge is a good tool.

What a bad ass. That scene where she is doing pull ups. In her tank top.

Terminator is dead. After 2nd is just a downhill.

I give credit to Cameron for first Terminator. A dark, horror, lost of hope kind of movie. And keep this cliche crap out of it like in Genesis. Back to roots.

Terminator is dead. After 2nd is just a downhill.

I give credit to Cameron for first Terminator. A dark, horror, lost of hope kind of movie. And keep this cliche crap out of it like in Genesis. Back to roots.

You don't give Cameron credit for T2?

Behind the Scenes in Hungary: Terminator

In a new promotional video from a Hungarian film studio, we get one of our first glimpses at the new Terminator film in progress and old Arnold.

So Arnold is not a cameo but the actual Terminator?

Who is the bad guy?

Behind the Scenes in Hungary: Terminator

In a new promotional video from a Hungarian film studio, we get one of our first glimpses at the new Terminator film in progress and old Arnold.

Ergh.

Not trying to be a negative nancy - as much as I want to give this new movie a shot, the first 2 movies are all that needed to be done with the Terminator idea. Same with “Alien” and “Aliens”, the first “Predator”, etc. End it and move on. There doesn’t need to be a neat morality-play resolution, or a surprise plot twist. Just my opinion.

There's still lots of cool stuff Arnold can do that would make his age a plus. Like an old man Conan story as a badass old king would be AWESOME.

Update: February 9, 2019

James Cameron Reveals Working Title for New Terminator Movie - TERMINATOR: DARK FATE

5HWIrXD.jpg

A sixth entry in the Terminator franchise, which will ignore all the films that came after the universally acclaimed Terminator 2: Judgement Day, will see the return of legendary filmmaker James Cameron to the franchise he started. Cameron, who is serving as executive producer while Tim Miller (Deadpool) directs, teased darkness in the upcoming franchise entry.

Speaking with Yahoo Entertainment, Cameron revealed the current working title for the film: “We’re calling it Terminator: Dark Fate. That’s our working title right now.” He also stressed that the franchise is in very good hands under Tim Miller, saying Miller is "a very willful and opinionated director, and he's got his own ideas for the film. I’m kind of like his Pips — he’s Gladys.

Cameron explained that he had a couple ground rules for his franchise, telling the filmmakers "I can’t be involved in this film at all if Arnold is not in it." Arnold Schwarzenegger will be reprising his role as the iconic T-800 while also portraying the human on which the Terminator is modeled, with Cameron telling IGN, "Arnold's back and he is bad and he is a different Terminator than you've seen before."

Cameron had also strongly recommended that Linda Hamilton reprise her role as Sarah Connor. "Fans are going to want to see her again, and they’re going to want to see what time and dealing with these tragic futures has done to her.” He described Sarah as hardened by and stronger from her experiences, and said Linda "is there to kick ass and take names." Cameron stressed that Sarah is important in passing the baton to the new characters, and that "it's a very female-centric film."

Switching franchises, IGN asked Cameron if he could give Neil Blomkamp a call about reviving his Alien plans, and surprisingly Cameron responded "I'm working on that, yeah." As fans may remember, Blomkamp was working on an Alien 5 film that would have served as a direct sequel to Cameron's universally acclaimed Aliens (1986), only for Ridley Scott to shut those efforts down.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/sci-...future-involvement-in-alien-franchise-a166340

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back