Locked TERMINATOR: DARK FATE (First Teaser Poster; Trailer Tomorrow)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terminator: Rise of the Home Ec Teacher, Gym Teacher and Vice Principal.

Idk man, they pump out shit movies ten a month nowadays. It's just another movie I don't care about. But I might watch T1 this weekend.

Makes sense.
Their largest demographic in the terminator fanbase has always been women.
I predict a record-setting blockbuster

Yeah we had a thread not long ago mocking this, and the taller girls lack of boobs. They jumped the shark so hard with Genysis that I'm pretty much done after that.

Yeah we had a thread not long ago mocking this, and the taller girls lack of boobs. They jumped the shark so hard with Genysis that I'm pretty much done after that.
Having small / no boobs is one thing, but they seem to have made her as masculine looking as possible. Keira Knightley is small-breasted but still looks feminine. Mackenzie Davis herself looked feminine in Blade Runner 2049.

Rather puzzling decision.

This will flop so hard, women aren’t into Terminator, and men won’t see this shit

its a reboot - lol

mackenzie davis is hot, yet they make her look so masculine and hideous in the poster.
does not make me wanna see the film

Having small / no boobs is one thing, but they seem to have made her as masculine looking as possible. Keira Knightley is small-breasted but still looks feminine. Mackenzie Davis herself looked feminine in Blade Runner 2049.

Oh ya know grrrl power. Then when they make a terrible movie and it flops, they'll blame it on misogyny.

Like they did for Ghostbusters and TLJ.

First She Ra now this. They made Mackenzie Davis look like an androgenous JRPG Manboy. Fucking sjws ruin everything.

Arnold calling it in, just cares about his cut and that’s fair enough I guess but this movie is clearly aimed at a certain demographic/SJW crowd.

I’ll pass but I will say this, ANYONE WHO PROMOTES (definitely looking at you @Dragonlordxxxxx) this obvious garbage has their own agenda.

Arnold calling it in, just cares about his cut and that’s fair enough I guess but this movie is clearly aimed at a certain demographic/SJW crowd.

I’ll pass but I will say this, ANYONE WHO PROMOTES (definitely looking at you @Dragonlordxxxxx) this obvious garbage has their own agenda.
Uh, what? Little less tinfoil hat. DL does threads about pretty much any notable movie. That is in no way an endorsement. If he thinks it sucks I'm sure he'll give it a low score. He's hardly some shill

Uh, what? Little less tinfoil hat. DL does threads about pretty much any notable movie. That is in no way an endorsement. If he thinks it sucks I'm sure he'll give it a low score. He's hardly some shill
He is clearly paid by whatever company he works for to post here. Not saying he is bad or whatever because he’s allowed to do it so fair play, but in no way are his reviews or opinions unbiased.

He is clearly paid by whatever company he works for to post here. Not saying he is bad or whatever because he’s allowed to do it so fair play, but in no way are his reviews or opinions unbiased.

Examples?

Examples?
I can feel that banhammer twitching in your hand, it’s my opinion that he is paid to post on various sites, seeing as the high % of his posts are within his own threads which are constantly about movies, a recent example would be his review of the movie MEG and his past reviews on any avenger movie.

If I’m wrong then I’m wrong but I believe he pushes certain movies because that what he is employed to do, not as a fan

Whilst it is still just a picture still it seems like a reductive way to present things, I mean female chaarcters can be shown to have characteristics more associated previously with male characters without literally having to look like men. That doesn't mean they need to look at all sexy, Sarah Conor wasn't shown in that fashion in T2, she was just shown as a tough woman dressed functionally, the same with Ripley in Aliens.

A lot of this kind of stuff in Hollywood is IMHO not really about people who believe in equality(as Cameron clearly did in the 80's and early 90's), rather its hackish people who view equality as a bit of a cheap way to draw attension.

I mean Terminator 2 and Aliens are basically films were the female protagonist shows a lot of personal bravey/toughness BUT isn't just presented as a traditional male hero in a womans body, in both cases they show that actually a lot of what makes the character suceeed is actually feminine in their empathic side and making a case for this as having equal worth.

Last edited:

No.

I've been following his posts for years and he is one of the most fair, balanced, honest and interesting reviewers I've seen.

He starts threads long before movies hit production, follows them through the entire process and beyond release.

He gets really excited about movies with promise, but if they end up being terrible, he destroys them in his review. Most people trust his reviews. I know I do.

Maybe you thought some of his reviews were unrealistically positive, but that's true of every reviewer. Maybe he's seeing something you didn't. Maybe he's part of the demographic the movie targeted. Maybe he's less biased than you and found positive things about a movie you hated. Considering how fair his negative reviews have been across the spectrum, who exactly is paying him and what is their agenda?

I read all his movie and television threads. When he likes something, he says so, when he's disappointed, you can see it in his writing. He's a fan, and if not for his posts, I wouldn't have much reason to come to Mayberry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back