New Opioid Study

Yeah, NPR is better than a lot of other mainstream media sources. I think people lump them in with the rest because they are center left, but they don't seem to choose what stories to report or ignore on an ideological basis, and they tend to have quality reporting, which is more important than pretending to lack any political bias.

Also, it's well produced and easy on the ears.

That was true once upon a time, no longer.

Back at the start of the migrant crisis, are you seriously positing that their coverage of that was “neutral”?

Have you ever listened to their program “codeswitch”?

LOL @ getting addicted to drugs. What a bunch of idiots.

Pretty sad. A dude I used to work with has a couple of kids with a chick that wound up on heroine. He left her and took the kids and she went to rehab. I guess she got out of rehab recently and found out there are clinics on the west coast (in Cali I think) that will give you heroine or some shit if you're an addict. So, she has gone west and left her family behind to pursue her dream of being an addict. Crazy shit if it's true.

I'm kind of in the mind frame that drug addicts like this should just be out down. They're pretty useless to themselves and anyone else and will just wind up taking tax payer money pointlessly once they're in the grips. Just get rid of them.

NPR has covered it extensively over the last several years. You always bang on all MSM as if it is equally bad; it isn’t.

Thank goodness legal penalties and treatment policies are similar... oh, wait...

My definition of MSM is complicated.

Being an MSM outlet does not mean a MSM reporter can't do real journalism.

NPR does a great job covering certain topics. They are also MSM, because they would never cover Obama, and Fetullah Gulen, with more then a single opinion piece buried in the days stories, if they even did that.

Pretty sad. A dude I used to work with has a couple of kids with a chick that wound up on heroine.
Tell me about it. When I was a heroine addict, I would have sucked a country mile of Trojan dick just to sniff Cassandra's sandal.

NPR has covered it extensively over the last several years. You always bang on all MSM as if it is equally bad; it isn’t.

its a collective term. Just because one or more outlets buck the trend doesn't refute the blanket argument that the MSM is garbage.

Pretty sad. A dude I used to work with has a couple of kids with a chick that wound up on heroine. He left her and took the kids and she went to rehab. I guess she got out of rehab recently and found out there are clinics on the west coast (in Cali I think) that will give you heroine or some shit if you're an addict. So, she has gone west and left her family behind to pursue her dream of being an addict. Crazy shit if it's true.

I'm kind of in the mind frame that drug addicts like this should just be out down. They're pretty useless to themselves and anyone else and will just wind up taking tax payer money pointlessly once they're in the grips. Just get rid of them.

Did you mean "put down"?

Did you mean "put down"?

lol yeah

It's crazy how certain drugs can completely ruin people. Heroine seems to be the worst of the bunch when shooting it. Meth seems really fucked up too.

TS truly cares about his fellow countrymen addicted to opiods. What a hero and not someone playing identity politics.

lol yeah

It's crazy how certain drugs can completely ruin people. Heroine seems to be the worst of the bunch when shooting it. Meth seems really fucked up too.

Addiction is an ugly disease, but its a disease. We shouldn't wish to euthanize people for it, especially when considering this was an intentional enterprise -- much like the crack epidemic. There are treatment options, I see it succeeding on a daily basis.

It's not particularly surprising. There's an entire combination of variables that go together there. Rural, poor, lower education level, whites who have no real economic prospects are turning to a variety of external factors to deal with a changing world that no longer views their ability to perform manual labor as indicative of people who should be in the middle class.

Trump, as an external factor, stated that he still valued their manual labor and thus he still valued them. Drugs, as an external factor, help them cope with a difficult and changing world. The increased suicide rates and early mortality rates are signs of the extent to which this subset of the population deserves our pity.

They need our help too but they prefer their handouts to be camouflaged as indirect corporate welfare. The downside of course is that they are then beholden to those corporations to pass the economic rewards to them and it doesn't always happen.

Addiction is an ugly disease, but its a disease. We shouldn't wish to euthanize people for it, especially when considering this was an intentional enterprise -- much like the crack epidemic. There are treatment options, I see it succeeding on a daily basis.

I disagree. Tho I'd add that the politicians that facilitate this epidemic should share the same fate of euthanasia.

I disagree. Tho I'd add that the politicians that facilitate this epidemic should share the same fate of euthanasia.
Yeah, if you lump Congress into wasters of taxpayer money euthanizing plan then I might be on board.

Back