Star Trek: Discovery V3.0 (First Trailer Released)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trek novels are celebrating their 30th anniversary today

http://www.startrek.com/article/ten-for-ward-30-years-of-tng-novels

insetdayton.jpg

Just picked up "Mere Mortals" today. Hope I enjoy it as much as I did book one.

Part 2 of the Destiny Trilogy? Great book. David Mack the author, just finished writing the first Discovery novel. He's the current GOAT of trek books.

Check out these cool DS9 HD teaser trailers some fans have made.

They have been approached by the What we left behind team to work on the project.

They have completed the 1st episode, and are now filming episode 2

Update: March 7, 2017

STAR TREK: DISCOVERY Finds Its Captain in Jason Isaacs

Jason-Isaacs-Star-Trek-Discovery-Dragonlord.jpg

CBS All Access' Star Trek: Discovery has added a captain to its ranks. Jason Isaacs has joined the cast of the twice-delayed Star Trek drama for CBS' digital platform, THR has learned.

The series features the franchise's Enterprise, now known as the U.S.S. Discovery, and introduces new characters seeking new worlds and civilizations while exploring the dramatic contemporary themes that have been a signature of the franchise since its inception in 1966.

Isaacs (USA Network's Dig, NBC's Awake) will star as Captain Lorca, the captain of the Starship Discovery. He joins a growing cast of series regulars that includes The Walking Dead's Sonequa Martin-Green as Rainsford, a lieutenant commander; Doug Jones as science officer Saru; Anthony Rapp as fellow science officer Stamets; James Frain as Sarek, a Vulcan astrophysicist and Spock's father; Terry Serpico as Starfleet admiral Anderson; Maulik Pancholy as chief medical officer Nambue; and Sam Vartholomeos as junior Starfleet officer Connor. Set to recur are Michelle Yeoh as Georgiu, captain of another ship called the Shenzhou; Shazad Latif as Kol, the Klingon commanding officer; Chris Obi as a Klingon leader T'Kuvma; and Mary Chieffo as L'Rell, a Klingon commander.

The 13-episode Star Trek: Discovery has already had a troubled road to the screen. Originally set to debut in January 2017, it was delayed to May before being pushed back a second time; CBS Corp. CEO Leslie Moonves noted that the series is now likely going to debut in the late summer or fall. On top of the delays, original showrunner Bryan Fuller exited the series in October, with his longtime collaborators Gretchen Berg and Aaron Harberts poised to take over.

Jason Isaacs Joins 'Star Trek: Discovery' as Captain of USS Discovery

So this is not going to be an anthology series then?

And seriously, why before the original series? We already had enterprise. Continue on after DS9.

And seriously, why before the original series? We already had enterprise. Continue on after DS9.

Yeah, I really wish they would have done something new. Like set it 1000 years after DS9. It feels like they just rehash themes and ideas from old Trek shows instead of doing something new. Calling it now, were gonna get episodes that focus on showing Klingon warrior-culture and one where they learn what Romulans look like etc.

I don't get this modern trope of needing to explain everything or have origin stories for everything.

The movie Cloverfield was good, big ass monster is wrecking shit and people are trying to survive. No real explanation on why the monster is trashing the city or some lame ass flashback to it's origin. Friday the 13th & Halloween reboots shoehorned sympathetic flashback sequences and it killed the mystique of those characters. Wolverine had 'Origin' comics that may have done more harm than good. Etc.

Here we are with Star Trek. The movies are now an alternative timeline and missing the 'Trek' feel and now a "new" prequel TV series is on the horizon that'll retcon and overexplain shit. Sure, there will be imaginative and creative elements involved with Discovery but at face value it seems like a cop out, just one big flashback.

Prequels are for the most part rather lame.

The new cast got together for dinner. First pic of the cast together
FB_IMG_1490092102811_zpsymbcyyxr.jpg

Decided to rewatch TNG. Making my way through the season 1 blu rays, and you forget how cringe worthy some of the acting is. Troi sensing emotions from distant planets, is particularly funny.
ep-1-3.jpg

But the blu ray restoration, is simply incredible. Stunning quality.

Last month, we brought you news that Star Trek: Deep Space Nine writer and showrunner Ira Steven Behr was raising money for a documentary that would explore “the changing legacy” of the series. Behr was inspired to reunite with fellow DS9 writers Ronald D. Moore, Rene Echevarria, and Hans Beimler to imagine what an eighth season would have brought, as well as write a whole new episode. Well, fans will soon learn exactly What We Left Behind, as Indiewire reports the documentary has just surpassed its fundraising goal.

Behr & Co. were initially seeking $150,000 to film their documentary, but DS9 fans showed up en masse and boosted donations to well over $600,000. Those extra funds mean What We Left Behind will have a 90-minute runtime instead of the planned 60 minutes

http://www.avclub.com/article/star-trek-deep-space-nine-documentary-will-boldly--251955

I wish Ronald D. Moore, Rene Echevarria, or Ira Steven Behr, were making the new Star trek series. All have gone on to becoming, big time Hollywood producers. Maybe after Ron and Ira are done with Outlander, they will take on a new trek series, before retiring.

I was at Comic Con today and saw Gates McFadden in person.
She looked good for her age.

Also Dirk Benedict also known as A teams Face was there.
Also for 72 he looked good.

Didnt want to pay 30 bucks to talk to them

Last edited:
I was at Comic Con today and saw
Gates McFadden today in person.
She looked good for her age.

Also Dirk Benedict also knows as A teams Face was there.
Also for 72 he looked good.

Didnt want to pay 30 bucks to talk to them
Gates was my first MILF crush (of course at five years old I had no idea what a MILF was).

I saw Gates at a panel at comic con Chicago. She talked about teaching David Bowie how to dance when filming labyrinth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back