New Nike commercial with Caster Semenya

jeffk

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Caster Semenya, like Kap, is surrounded with controversy but for a different reason.

A lot of track fans say she should not be competing with women. They say she is intersex and shouldn't be able to compete in the women's division.

I am fine calling anyone he or she whatever one wants regardless of their chromosomes or sex organs or how much testosterone is naturally made in their body.

But I think how one identifies or how one is born is independent of what category one should compete in athletics.

I don't know what the criteria should be exactly. Maybe there should 3 or 4 classifications for competitions - one open division where males compete and other can compete if they wish, an intersex division and a transexual division and a woman's division.

It would have to be somewhat arbitrary what the criteria should be set with regards to who should be eligible for each.

Not speaking on the particular case of Seymenya the idea of having a woman's division is so like bodied people can compete against each other. If someone is XY and produces the same testerone level as a male, it doesn't seem like it is a fair playing field for that person to be competing in a woman's division with women with lower testosterone levels and XX chromosome.

This doesn't say an intersex person is a bad person. It is just that they don't fit the criteria for a women's division. If an intersex or transgender person can compete in the women's division without modifying their testosterone levels, they will likely dominate the women's division. Is that fair to the women who have lower testosterone levels or and XY chromosomes?

https://www.instagram.com/castersemenya800m/?utm_source=ig_embed

I think if someone has functioning testes, internally, they should have to compete as men.
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/20/sports/caster-semenya-800-meters.html
It is not known for certain what, if any, procedures were undergone by Semenya, who won a silver medal at the 2012 London Olympics. Nor could it be verified, as reported in 2009 in The Daily Telegraph of Australia, that Semenya had internal testes and three times the testosterone level of a typical woman.

At this point, it does not matter. Last year, the Court of Arbitration for Sport, the Swiss-based high court for international sport, suspended track and field’s testosterone policy for two years.
‘If This Book Is Not Expressing Everything, What Am I Doing With My Life?’
The court said it had been “unable to conclude that hyperandrogenic female athletes may benefit from such a significant performance advantage that it is necessary to exclude them from competing in the female category.”

Did elevated testosterone provide women with a 1 percent competitive advantage? Three percent? More? Available science could not say, the court ruled. It gave the I.A.A.F. two years to try to discern that advantage. The ruling was based on the case of Dutee Chand, a sprinter from India

The court ruling was the correct one.

As the arbitration panel noted, science has not conclusively shown that elevated testosterone provides women with more of a significant competitive edge than factors like nutrition, access to coaching and training facilities, and other genetic and biological variations.
I can't believe we would even waste time debating this.

Arbitration panels are worthless for everyone but people like Lance Armstrong and Vladimir Putin. If you were ever looking for a microcosm demonstrating that bureaucracies are ineffective, bloated, corrupt, incompetent structures-- look no further. Arbitration panels are Brazil in a nutshell.

Instead of spending that $10m (or more) on that shitty commercial, they could have given that money to their sweatshop workers.

But Nike really cares guys...

Sorry dude but #ChromosomalArrangementsMatter. With a voice that deep it's pretty clear that your arrangement includes an X and a Y. Do you, but you gotta stop appropriating women's sports.

Discrimination and White Knight bullshit.

There is men who make a shitload more testosterone than other men....why not put limits on these men? Better yet, why not let them compete in some new division?

Fact is, we accept men being 10x better than other men....but when it comes to women, white knights cant wrap their heads around the fact, that some women can be 10x better than another women?

I see nothing wrong with a natty women who produces more testosterone destroying other women....Just like I dont have a problem with a high test male destroying and low test male in sports.

Its called reality...You white knight pussies need to face it and stop creating excuses for women!!!!!

So, wait, this dude/woman runner was subjected to genetical testing that improved his track time 15% in 1 year, and now his feelings are hurt cause other participants feel its unfair?

Im having really hard time understanding all of this...

caster-semenya-monaco-800-video.jpg

TW_0043957.jpg

10728750.jpg

Shes a chick with high testosterone.

Until I see cold hard evidence that she was born with balls/penis...not rumors....then she is like any other women.

The problem here, is that white knights cant accept women getting destroyed by a high test women.

Yet when it comes to male sports...where some males have way more testosterone than other men....I mean huge amounts....Its ok....we dont need a new division for those low test men..they dont need protection.

But when it comes to women with high test...omg lets protect all the weak women...GTFO with this white knight bullshit.

This is pure discrimination because of white knightness!

How about we allow the use of PED's since the systems of testing are obviously broken with documented examples from baseball, Olympics, and cycling, and who knows how many other examples that have never been exposed.

If PED's were allowed, it wouldn't matter what the testosterone levels of anyone was.

She is quite masculine
Until I see cold hard evidence that she was born with balls/penis...not rumors....then she is like any other women!

Would you like some full on mangina pics then? .
7O1n2j3hk8wHHMv9d7os-ze4kmN6lDphYXPF5R3SYHsr1LJpNbRsG_LsfVKrEmTcrNtN=s30

Last edited:
It seems the only way for interfolk to compete fairly is in their own division.

I know they want to be included but they have to admit that competing against women is a huge advantage for them

At least she stands when she pees compared to Colin Kaepernick!

She is quite masculine

Would you like some full on mangina pics then? .
Yea please....because so far, it seems like its just rumors...No hard concrete evidence except she creates more testosterone.

I see nothing wrong.

Last edited:
It seems the only way for interfolk to compete fairly is in their own division.

I know they want to be included but they have to admit that competing against women is a huge advantage for them
People make testosterone..women make testosterone.

These women just happen to make more than other women....just like some men, happen to make more than some other men.

Just like men with high testosterone dominate low testosterone men in sports.

Nobody is asking for a new division for high test men and one for low test men...we accept it.

We should accept high test women, as women....no new rules/divisions...they were born with high test just like many men.

Does it suck for Olympic women with lower test? Yes...just like it sucks for low test men to not have a chance at all in sports.

However, these high test women are severly handicapped IRL.....Society will and have hated on them for the way they look......and now, the only natural thing ththey eu are good at, u want to take away? Thats fucked up.

Again unless u have evidence that they have dicks/balls....they are 100% women thus they should compete against women!

Stop discriminating and white knighting!

Discrimination and White Knight bullshit.

There is men who make a shitload more testosterone than other men....why not put limits on these men? Better yet, why not let them compete in some new division?

Fact is, we accept men being 10x better than other men....but when it comes to women, white knights cant wrap their heads around the fact, that some women can be 10x better than another women?

I see nothing wrong with a natty women who produces more testosterone destroying other women....Just like I dont have a problem with a high test male destroying and low test male in sports.

Its called reality...You white knight pussies need to face it and stop creating excuses for women!!!!!
We do.

As usual, you're ignorant.

We do.

As usual, you're ignorant.
Really? Show me the bans of men from sports for naturally making more testosterone...or show me if they created a special division for them.

People make testosterone..women make testosterone.

These women just happen to make more than other women....just like some men, happen to make more than some other men.

Just like men with high testosterone dominate low testosterone men in sports.

Nobody is asking for a new division for high test men and one for low test men...we accept it.

We should accept high test women, as women....no new rules/divisions...they were born with high test just like many men.

Does it suck for Olympic women with lower test? Yes...just like it sucks for low test men to not have a chance at all in sports.

However, these high test women are severly handicapped IRL.....Society will and have hated on them for the way they look......and now, the only natural thing ththey eu are good at, u want to take away? Thats fucked up.

Again unless u have evidence that they have dicks/balls....they are 100% women thus they should compete against women!

Stop discriminating and white knighting!
What it's headed towards is divisions according to body muscle and frame.

I would think competitors want a fair competition.

Really? Show me the bans of men from sports for naturally making more testosterone...or show me if they created a special division for them.
Show me the man with a t:ept ratio above 6:1 that didn't trigger a doping violation and I will.

You don't understand how this stuff works, clearly.

Back