*NEW* My True Protein Custom PWO Formula

just has a really nice amino profile, better than hydrolyzed whey.

but yeah, hydrolyzed (fast) and casein (slow), would appear to be an oxymoron. but its my understanding that if you want the fastest absorbing protein with the best amino profile, that's your choice

It's not TP in particular, it's just really fucked up how we can't buy any kind of protein on the internet without getting ripped off on the shipping. Not to mention customs fees...ridiculous.

It's not TP in particular, it's just really fucked up how we can't buy any kind of protein on the internet without getting ripped off on the shipping. Not to mention customs fees...ridiculous.

I agree, but it's a fact of life. When the dollar was near par, it was quite affordable. As it stands now, I order most of my supplements from FitnessOne.com; no bulk stuff like TP or BN, but their prices, even with the exchange, are awesome.

35 % WMaize
35 % Hydrolyzed Whey
10 % Hydrolyzed Caseinate ( I tend to workout late in the night)
10% BCAAs
5% Taurine
5% EAA

For PWO, can anyone comment/critique.

I agree, but it's a fact of life. When the dollar was near par, it was quite affordable. As it stands now, I order most of my supplements from FitnessOne.com; no bulk stuff like TP or BN, but their prices, even with the exchange, are awesome.

Wow that site is the cheapest I've seen. I'll have to order from there after I work through my 5 lb tub of ON. Thanks for the site.

35 % WMaize
35 % Hydrolyzed Whey
10 % Hydrolyzed Caseinate ( I tend to workout late in the night)
10% BCAAs
5% Taurine
5% EAA

For PWO, can anyone comment/critique.

Waxy Maize is crap. Stick to:
30% whey (isolate is fine. Never noticed a difference with hydrolized AT ALL)
30% dextrose
30% maltodextrin
10% BCAA

Honestly though I would just drink chocolate milk with a scoop of whey isolate. Cheaper and I can't tell a difference between that and Surge. Works for me.

Waxy Maize is crap. Stick to:
30% whey (isolate is fine. Never noticed a difference with hydrolized AT ALL)
30% dextrose
30% maltodextrin
10% BCAA

Honestly though I would just drink chocolate milk with a scoop of whey isolate. Cheaper and I can't tell a difference between that and Surge. Works for me.

Thanks. I thought Waxy Maize was the new in thing instead of dextro-malo.

I read a lot of this thread, but someone answer me this ...

Really, 2:1 carbs to protein in a post workout shake?

I never went and ordered Dextrose or maldextrin [sic?] but I would always buy some gatorade powder and throw in a tablespoon or 2 with 1-2 scoops of optimum whey post workout.

But if I used a 2-1 ratio of gatorade powder to Protein, it seems like it would be SUPER sweet. Are everyone's shakes that sweet?

Also if you have a good postworkout shake that has at least 40g of dextrose/maldex combo, is it ok to have brown rice with dinner or skip rice or is it a "what is your goals" thing?

Really, 2:1 carbs to protein in a post workout shake?
I'm not sure it is important post-workout, just eating complex carbs ought to be fine. However, during the workout it is supposed to help, and I have found that to be true. It is pretty sweet though. I made a custom mix and then added a natural flavor, and I think that was a mistake. It is probably sweet enough without any added sweetener.

I read the first several posts of this thread about all the custom blends. I went to look at my local supplement store just to compare. I can get a whey protein blend that is 24g per serving and an endurance carb blend that is 25g per serving. Why can't I just get those and take two scoops carbs and one scoop protien. The carb mix included Dextrose and Maltedextrim...This may be dumb question but just wondering why all the complex instructions on making PWO drinks if it is this simple.

I read the first several posts of this thread about all the custom blends. I went to look at my local supplement store just to compare. I can get a whey protein blend that is 24g per serving and an endurance carb blend that is 25g per serving. Why can't I just get those and take two scoops carbs and one scoop protien. The carb mix included Dextrose and Maltedextrim...This may be dumb question but just wondering why all the complex instructions on making PWO drinks if it is this simple.

If you buy custom you get to tailor it exactly to your goals. If you're buying two tubs and just mixing the chances are it won't be tailored to your goals.

As hardheart said, you can put in exactly what you want. That includes putting in higher quality proteins than you may be able to get otherwise. You can also get cheap prices by buying online and/or in bulk. But it depends how much effort you want to put into this. It was fun for me to go through this thread and absorb all the information, but I understand not wanting to do that. You ought to be fine just mixing those two blends from your local supplement store.

Heardheart and Oldman, Thanks for the reponses. Second question, which is not specific to PWO shakes. With regard to protein shakes in general. Can I mix a meal replacement shake in the morning with my Protein Powder, berries, etc., then take it to work and drink it several hours later?

The reason I ask is because I know that some supplements, such as creatine, should be consumed immediately. I wasn't sure if this was the case with other powder supplements...

Heardheart and Oldman, Thanks for the reponses. Second question, which is not specific to PWO shakes. With regard to protein shakes in general. Can I mix a meal replacement shake in the morning with my Protein Powder, berries, etc., then take it to work and drink it several hours later?

The reason I ask is because I know that some supplements, such as creatine, should be consumed immediately. I wasn't sure if this was the case with other powder supplements...

Do not know. I have an extra tub I keep for work and an extra mixer for work as well. Never had to figure out the answer to that question. I'm afraid I can't be of much help on this.

Back