THE NEW MUTANTS Movie (First Critic Review; In Theaters Aug. 28)

If you have seen THE NEW MUTANTS, how would you rate it?

• 9 - Great

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8 - Good

• 5 - Average/Meh/Mediocre

• 4 - Poor

• 3 - Bad

• 1 - Abysmal

• Total voters

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Update: January 6, 2020

New Trailer for THE NEW MUTANTS with April 3, 2020 Release Date

Update: March 31, 2016

Maisie Williams, Anya Taylor-Joy and Alexandra Shipp Join NEW MUTANTS

vAY38wF.jpg

Casting is reportedly underway for Josh Boone's (The Fault in Our Stars) New Mutants movie, as Magik and Wolfsbane have rpeortedly been cast in the film, along with X-Men: Apocalypse's Alexandra Shipp, reprising her role as Storm in the film.

According to HitFix, Game of Thrones star Maisie Williams is set to play Wolfsbane -- a.k.a Rahne Sinclair -- who was a founding member of the New Mutants in the comics, and a leading member of Peter David's X-Factor. Williams' Game of Thrones co-star Sophie Turner is playing Jean Grey in X-Men: Apocalypse.

Additionally, Anya Taylor-Joy (The Witch) is also indicated in the report to have been cast as Illyana Rasputin -- a.k.a Magik -- in New Mutants. Taylor-Joy reportedly impressed The Witch producers Simon Kinberg and Lauren Shuler-Donner.

The New Mutants will reportedly be rounded out by Cannonball, Sunspot, and Mirage, who have to be cast. The site also notes that James McAvoy's Professor Xavier is headed to the New Mutants film. The movie is currently slated for a 2018 release.

Josh Boone's 'New Mutants' Adds Maisie Williams, Anya Taylor-Joy and Alexandra Shipp to the Cast

[Update: Fox has denied the initial casting report for its upcoming New Mutants film. According to Nerdist, studios reps describe the rumor as "not true."]

Hopefully they don't use the X-Force storyline where she gets drugged up and eats her father.

With Wolfsbane now in the X-Men Cinematic Universe, only the Dark Phoenix is a believable threat to the team. But even then, Wolfsbane > Dark Phoenix.

I don't know her, but that can not be the most flattering photo of Alexandra Shipp.

With Wolfsbane now in the X-Men Cinematic Universe, only the Dark Phoenix is a believable threat to the team. But even then, Wolfsbane > Dark Phoenix.

Im only recently starting to get into all that comic book stuff because of the movies and tv shows. I do know how amazing and strong Dark Phoenix is from the X-men movies and from reading a little more about it. Never heard of Wolfsbane, though? Sounds like a normal mutant? Shouldnt he/she get crushed by Dark Phoenix?

Im only recently starting to get into all that comic book stuff because of the movies and tv shows. I do know how amazing and strong Dark Phoenix is from the X-men movies and from reading a little more about it. Never heard of Wolfsbane, though? Sounds like a normal mutant? Shouldnt he/she get crushed by Dark Phoenix?
No way. Her and Squirrel Girl are pretty much unstoppable.

The Witch was cool beans but that chick looked about 14. And Maisie is pretty much the same.

What is the elevator pitch of New Mutants? X-Men: Jailbait Edition?

Karma isn't being cast?
Not only is that racist, it's missing out on that Asian market. Rather have Karma than Storm.

Can't wait for the studio to shoehorn Mystique into this one.

That's Anya Taylor-Joy and a lot her photos look like that.

True. But Anya Taylor-Joy looks fantastic in recent photos of her as a brunette. She's around 19-20 years old.

Mine!

493129278-born-actress-anya-taylor-joy-poses-for-gettyimages.jpg

488941670-actress-anya-taylor-joy-attends-the-witch-gettyimages.jpg

Karma isn't being cast?
Not only is that racist, it's missing out on that Asian market. Rather have Karma than Storm.
If Jubilee survives X-Men: Apocalypse, she could fill in for the Asian member for New Mutants.

If they do have a Sunspot in the movie, I hope that the character will be closer to what's in the source material. When I saw him flying in Days Of Future Past (DOFP), I was like.. "Uhh, ok. Well better to have him in there in some form..."

I think that the MUST have characters in the film should be
Cannonball

If they do have a Sunspot in the movie, I hope that the character will be closer to what's in the source material. When I saw him flying in Days Of Future Past (DOFP), I was like.. "Uhh, ok. Well better to have him in there in some form..."

I think that the MUST have characters in the film should be
Cannonball

Interested to see who they find for Mirage.

Interested to see who they find for Mirage.

Brenda-Song-in-Bikini--01.jpg

I like Brenda Song for now. She's 28 so she may be too old for the role.

Oh and.. "HHHHHNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!"

Back