MEN IN BLACK INTERNATIONAL (First Trailer Released)

Hemsworth should do more comedy roles. I found him pretty funny in ghostbusters and vacation, and the Thor/Daryl sketches he does are pretty good, too.

Honestly, I think the 21 Jump Street crossover would've worked. It could set up a future universe where the main characters are secondary to the theme/setting,while bringing it back with two characters people are already invested in. Plus it still would've felt kind of fresh and not like a re-hash/cash-grab.

Update: March 21, 2018

Tessa Thompson to Reunite with Chris Hemsworth in MEN IN BLACK Spinoff

ljkWZMF.jpg

Valkyrie and Thor are reuniting. Tessa Thompson is joining her Thor: Ragnarok co-star Chris Hemsworth in Sony's Men in Black reboot.

Fate of the Furious filmmaker F. Gary Gray is set to direct the movie, written by Iron Man screenwriters Matt Holloway and Art Marcum. The studio has the film dated for June 14, 2019.

Akin to how Jurassic World revived the Jurassic Park film series, Sony’s reboot is to feature new characters rather than Agents K and J, portrayed by original trilogy stars Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith, respectively, and will build on the contemporary sci-fi world in which they operated.

Details are being kept hidden under a New York City ventilation tower, but sources say the new project is more of an ensemble piece than a two-hander and will be more global in scope. Hemsworth's deal isn't closed but is expected to.

Walter F. Parkes and Laurie MacDonald are back as producers, while Steven Spielberg is returning as executive producer. David Beaubaire is overseeing for Sony.

In addition to her scene-stealing work as the Asgardian warrior Valkyrie in Ragnarok, Thompson appeared in Alex Garland’s recent sci-fi picture Annihilation and is currently shooting Creed II, returning for the boxing drama sequel along with Michael B. Jordan. This summer she'll stars in Annapurna's Sorry to Bother You and has a prominent role in HBO's upcoming second season of Westworld, which launches this spring.

Tessa Thompson to Join Chris Hemsworth in 'Men in Black' Spinoff (Exclusive)

Update: July 28, 2018

First Look at Chris Hemsworth and Tessa Thompson in MEN IN BLACK Reboot

X23wuSq.jpg

EbHtcmM.jpg

As long as Tommy and Will are back I'll go see it

If neither of them are back I'm not seeing it

The brand of MIB is not the movies its the actors like Tommy and Will. People don't go see MIB for the aliens...They go because Will Smith is Will Smith

Simple as that

I might work. I think identity matters here though. The chemistry between Jones and Smith will be hard to replace.

At least it's not an all women reboot. I was seriously expecting "Women In Black".

I might work. I think identity matters here though. The chemistry between Jones and Smith will be hard to replace.

At least it's not an all women reboot. I was seriously expecting "Women In Black".

Thompson is about as charismatic as a piece of wood.

It's going to be tough to recapture the magic of the first film. The third was actually pretty damn good- way better than the shitshow that was the second, a truly awful sequel. But the fact is that one wasn't exactly setting the box office on fire and that had the appeal of Smith and TLJ being back plus an excellent, spot on turn by Brolin as young TLJ.

This one might do very well if it's highly entertaining, but it's going to have to be good because I doubt the MIB name in and of itself is going to draw a ton of people in.

Hemsworth/Tessa is clearly a solid pairing based on Ragnarok.

no tommy lee, this is gonna suck ass.

Tessa Thompson is getting a lot of work lately. She is only an average looking, and her acting is pretty pedestrian too. I wonder who she is sleeping with.

Will not watch, fuck off hollywood with these remakes

Update: August 2, 2018

Mission: Impossible - Fallout Star Rebecca Ferguson Joins MEN IN BLACK Spinoff

X6GMuls.jpg

After spending time with IMF agents in Mission: Impossible — Fallout, Rebecca Ferguson is taking on another top secret agency. Ferguson is set to appear in Sony's Men in Black spinoff, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

Fate of the Furious filmmaker F. Gary Gray is directing an ensemble cast that includes Chris Hemsworth, Tessa Thompson, Liam Neeson, Les Twins, Kumail Nanjiani, Rafe Spall, and Emma Thompson as the head of the secret agency.

Art Marcum and Matt Holloway penned the script for the Men in Black spinoff, which aims to push the franchise — originally starring Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones as alien fighting secret agents — into a bigger, global scale. Original Men in Black producers Walter F. Parkes and Laurie MacDonald are back as producers, while Steven Spielberg returns as executive producer.

Sony has the spinoff dated for a June 14, 2019 release.

Ferguson is coming off her role as former MI6 agent Ilsa Faust in Mission: Impossible — Fallout, which earned a franchise best $61.5 million last weekend at the North American box office, in addition to strong praise for her action-heavy performance. She is also set to appear in Doctor Sleep, Warner Bros.' sequel to The Shining.

'Mission: Impossible - Fallout Star Rebecca Ferguson Joins the Cast of Sony's 'Men in Black' Spinoff

Last edited:
Nice to see I'm not the only one being all glitchy.

Awesome!

Loved them all to varying degreez... & loved the world... so I'm looking forward to them doing some real justice to this.

I don't recognize her, but she's easy on the eyes.

Back