New Korean MMA News and Discussion

Amateur promotion, Dream Combat Championships, is live streaming right now

It was close but I think Sato would have taken the decision. Maybe they somehow don't do technical decisions and I don't want to blindly accuse them of stuff but I think this no contest call benefited their guy.
damn, sato got robbed then. Pretty sure most organization has technical decision.

There were a few good finishes on it but not much attention grabbing. Moon vs Khasanov was very close, Khasanov had some great shots that Moon defended pretty well but Moon mainly won the fight by getting back control at the end of both rounds. Da Won Yoon vs Won Kwak was pretty wild, Kwak dropped Yoon but Yoon immediately got a takedown and choked him out moments later. Entire fight was only a minute long.

Old video from last year that Road reposted ahead of next weekend's event.
Apparently, Yan Xiaonan is not one for "light sparring."

ROAD FC OFFICIAL STATEMENT
ON THE DISMISSAL OF ALL CRIMINAL SUITS FILED BY SONG GA-YEON

ROAD Fighting Championship is pleased to announce that the Korean Prosecution Service has dismissed the final criminal lawsuit filed by competitor Song Ga-Yeon, which alleged sexual harassment by CEO Jung Mun-Hong.

Song Ga-Yeon, a Mixed Martial Arts competitor contracted to ROAD Fighting Championship, previously filed a criminal lawsuit against ROAD CEO Jung Mun-Hong in South Korea alleging threat, insult and defamation. On June 28, 2017, the Korean Prosecution Service handed down it's final decision to dismiss the suit and will take no action against CEO Jung due to lack of evidence and no suspicion of any such criminal activity.

A second suit was filed by Song, alleging sexual harassment. On this suit also, the Prosecution decided not to prosecute and disposed of the suit against CEO Jung without charge at the end of July, 2017.

This brings the total to six criminal complaints filed by Song that have all been dismissed, including the four against CEO Jung, one against Subak Entertainment CEO Kim Young-Chul, and one against Subak's staff. ROAD is pleased that the correct decision has been made by the Prosecution.

Choi Young-Ki, advisor to ROAD FC, said, "Through the disposition of suspicion by the prosecution, all of Song Ga-Yeon's claims were deemed to be unfounded. Song intentionally spread negative and false statements to the press against her management company and ROAD FC. ROAD FC was established by Jung Moon-Hong for Korean MMA fighters when MMA was completely absent from Korea. Now, as a global brand created in Korea, it has grown into one of the best mixed martial arts competitions in Asia. Song Ga-Yeon's unfounded assertions have damaged the honor of ROAD FC and ROAD FC fighters worldwide. I would like to ask how will this suffering and disgrace will be remedied, and who will be responsible."

It is ROAD's position that any attempt to break a valid contract in such an unfounded and unscrupulous manner shall not be tolerated, as contract definition is a cornerstone of the MMA industry, for both promoters and competitors. ROAD and CEO Jung emphasize that malicious misrepresentations will be handled in accordance with laws and principles.

However, ROAD and CEO Jung still maintain willingness to solve all issues with Song, if she will apologize, reflect on, and take responsibility for her actions. ROAD and CEO Jung hope that all disputes can be resolved as soon as possible so that all parties can move on for positive development of the sport of MMA.

http://roadfc.com/main/news/news_view.php?key=JTI1MjUzRCUyNTI1M0R3TXpjVE8=

So Road FC seems to be amping up to produce it's next reality show, putting a lot of clips of their last one all over their social media accounts.

Unfortunately, It seems to be at the expense of their live show this weekend. It's already Wednesday of fight week, and very little is being done to build up hype for this event. Maybe it's because this is a smaller event?

It's kickboxing news but one of MAX FC's champs, Hyo Sun Kim, is getting a TV special run on MBC about her being a nurse and a fighter. Sounds like it's a series focusing on people who pursue multiple careers at once. She was out injured for awhile so UnionAkari is the current interim champ in her division, Kim is scheduled to fight at MAX FC 10 next month so maybe a unification bout then.
0003595085_001_20170810081539788.jpg

Facebook post by Ye Ji Lee reflecting on her loss:

https://scontent.:eek::eek::eek:c1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20770117_1259101640883034_6223304675420623682_n.jpg?oh=8cc8b33438d41fb0d1ec7bc56e7f8368&oe=5A394E57
Hello, this is a high school girl fighter.
Thank you very much for your fans.
I hope you all had a lot of expectations.
I want to win because I have 4 wins in Wonju and I want to win because I am so desperate ... I do not think it was because of the small injuries ...
I looked back at me after the game today.
I feel that there are still a lot of deficiencies and there are many things that need to be supplemented.
I'm not too into the results of this game, but rather I need to make up for it.
I will work harder.
Today, Mae Sawa and Tomo players had a lot of work.
You have become a strong opponent. congratulations!
I always learn a lot of opponents every time I play.
Next time we meet again in the cage.
I will be working hard until then.

Facebook post by Ye Ji Lee reflecting on her loss:

https://scontent.:eek::eek::eek:c1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20770117_1259101640883034_6223304675420623682_n.jpg?oh=8cc8b33438d41fb0d1ec7bc56e7f8368&oe=5A394E57
Hello, this is a high school girl fighter.
Thank you very much for your fans.
I hope you all had a lot of expectations.
I want to win because I have 4 wins in Wonju and I want to win because I am so desperate ... I do not think it was because of the small injuries ...
I looked back at me after the game today.
I feel that there are still a lot of deficiencies and there are many things that need to be supplemented.
I'm not too into the results of this game, but rather I need to make up for it.
I will work harder.
Today, Mae Sawa and Tomo players had a lot of work.
You have become a strong opponent. congratulations!
I always learn a lot of opponents every time I play.
Next time we meet again in the cage.
I will be working hard until then.
She was on top of the Japanese but then decided to stand up. That's why she lost the fight. She should've just stayed on top, but instead she chose to stand up and the Japanese took her down right away. She'll learn from this. Especially be chase she's only 18.

Old video from last year that Road reposted ahead of next weekend's event.
Apparently, Yan Xiaonan is not one for "light sparring."

That's not sparring though? Hope not :)
Looks more like an amateur fight, with protective gear optional.

That chick looks like she's got that fire though.

That's not sparring though? Hope not :)
Looks more like an amateur fight, with protective gear optional.

That chick looks like she's got that fire though.
It was sparring.

It's kickboxing news but one of MAX FC's champs, Hyo Sun Kim, is getting a TV special run on MBC about her being a nurse and a fighter. Sounds like it's a series focusing on people who pursue multiple careers at once. She was out injured for awhile so UnionAkari is the current interim champ in her division, Kim is scheduled to fight at MAX FC 10 next month so maybe a unification bout then.
0003595085_001_20170810081539788.jpg
for anyone else who missed it, this might be her most recent fight:

Looks like in the latest round of legal wrangling between Road FC and Ga Yeon Song, the courts have upheld Song's contract with Road as legally binding. Translated from Korean:

At the heart of the controversy, the martial arts player Song Ga-yun lost a lawsuit against the mixed martial arts competition co.

The 50th Division of the Seoul Central District Court (Chief Justice Kim Jung-man) decided in a dispute filed against Songgyeon Co., Ltd., "The validity of the exclusive contract signed by the creditor and the debtor on December 1, 2013 is valid" .

In the case of the disposition application, Song Yeon-yeon argued that the player's contract in this case was invalid in favor of the goodwill and other social order by infringing the basic right of the player to participate in the fighting competition by exploiting the superior position,

The court ruled that "the contract of this case is not against the goodwill and other social order." "The details of the contract are also unfair," he clarified.

With this decision, Song Yeon-yeon was unable to object to the player's activities at Road FC.

Choi Young-ki, a lawyer on the Lord's side of the lawsuit, said, "This is a natural result, as the player contract signed with Lord FC and Songkhon is based on the general contracts used by leading organizations around the world." "In the meantime, Song Yeon - yeon proceeded to criminal charges against 6 representatives against Chung Moon - Hong, but all of them were not charged and only one case was revealed without charge. And the court ruled that the decision was not accepted at all. So far, none of Song's claims or claims have been accepted against Rod FC. "

http://roadfc.co.kr/main/news/news_view.php?key=JTI1MjUzRGN6TnhFVE0=

Since Ye ji lee is now 18, hopefully road fc president doesn't do that same thing he did to Ga yeon song. Lol

Any updates on soo chul Kim and kwang "crazy" hee lee? The dude that ktfo kwon a sol twice back in spirit mc but then rematch kwon a sol for the 3rd time in road fc but lost by Doctor stoppage. It's either kwang hee lee or kwang heel lee. His nickname is crazy.

Soo Chul Kim captured the Road FC bantamweight title back in April.

"Crazy" Kwang Hee Lee hasn't fought since a win in 2015. He's currently running his own gym, "Crazy Gym."

Yeah, I think Lee is focusing on his gym for now, not sure if he formally retired or anything.

Back