New Korean MMA News and Discussion

So won bin goes from being a reservist, to fighting a trials bout, now back to fighting for a reserve spot. He's had an interesting relationship with this tournament.

Sherdog has him listed as 2-1, while Tapology has him 0-1 with a 2-1 ammy record so hard telling what his true record is. Still not someone Bae should be fighting at this point in his career if he is serious about being considered a top guy.

Lil Dong didn't get pulled, his opponent was pulled hours before their fight due to not passing medicals. Chan Mi Jeon was brought in on a week's notice having originally been signed for Invicta and I had Ji Yeon Kim winning her fight (superior boxing > a few guillotines that were nowhere near being finished).
Exactly, lil dong hyun Kim fight was pulled. So bad luck for ufc Korean fighters so far. Yes I know chan mi took the fight on short noticed but at the end of the day, she lost. I also had ji yeon Kim winning rounds 1 and 2 but judges probably saw her European opponent winning the first round.

Jae Young Kim's opponent finally announced, but it must be Russian or something, as I can't figure out what the Hangeul is enunciating. Also, it appears Seo vs Zhang is for a title.

Rematch time!
sm%2BROAD41%2BMyung%2Bvs%2BBarnett.jpg

Thank you. I thought that's what it said, but was unsure how to spell it in Roman characters.

Official statement on Son Ga-Yeon's case dismissal

ROAD OFFICIAL STATEMENT

ROAD'S OFFICIAL STATEMENT ON THE DISMISSAL
OF SONG GA-YEON'S CRIMINAL SUIT AGAINST CEO JUNG MUN-HONG
ROAD Fighting Championship presents the official statement of the company on the dismissal of the criminal lawsuit filed by competitor Song Ga-Yeon against CEO Jung Mun-Hong.

In 2016, Song Ga-Yeon, a Mixed Martial Arts competitor contracted to ROAD Fighting Championship, filed a criminal lawsuit against ROAD CEO Jung Mun-Hong in South Korea alleging threat, insult and defamation. On June 28, 2017, the Korean Prosecution Service handed down it's final decision to dismiss the suit and will take no action against CEO Jung due to lack of evidence and no suspicion of any such criminal activity.

The Court's decision to dismiss is highly satisfactory for ROAD and CEO Jung, having maintained that no injustices were ever committed against Ms Song.

In response to the original filing, legal actions against Ms Song for calumny had already been instituted. However, ROAD and CEO Jung have initiated public and private attempts to solve the matter amicably and outside of Court, though Ms Song has made no response of willing to do so. In the course of discovery during the investigation, it was revealed that there are groups that have contributed what amounts to tens of millions of won (tens of thousands of dollars) towards Ms Song's criminal lawsuit filings. That such entities would choose to support the filing of false accusations which could damage her future and her development in sports should ring an alarm for Ms Song.

Once again, ROAD and CEO Jung maintain a forward-thinking manner in solving all issues with Ms Song, if she acknowledges her shortcomings with a sincere attitude. It is our hope that all disputes can be resolved as soon as possible so that all parties can move on for positive development.

However, it is ROAD's position that any attempt to break a valid contract in such an unfounded and unscrupulous manner shall not be tolerated, as contract definition is a cornerstone of the MMA industry, for both promoters and competitors. ROAD and CEO Jung emphasize that malicious misrepresentations will be handled in accordance with laws and principles.

ROAD and CEO Jung Mun-Hong sincerely apologize to the MMA fans, the media and the public for the escalation of an unpleasant situation. First and foremost, ROAD and CEO Jung do wish that Ms Song can return to her original position and develop as a mixed martial arts competitor.

Just under 24 hours from now. If Seo wins, it'd be a huge upset. Surprised it's the main event, though.

dthumb.phinf.naver.jpg

I've been thinking about Mighty Mo's next defense, if he doesn't fight in the next open weight tournament. It should be someone who won't be afraid to trade with Mo. Paul Buentello maybe?

I've been thinking about Mighty Mo's next defense, if he doesn't fight in the next open weight tournament. It should be someone who won't be afraid to trade with Mo. Paul Buentello maybe?
Top fc open weight tourny? Or another open weight tourny for road fc?

Top fc open weight tourny? Or another open weight tourny for road fc?
I remember Road FC saying a while back they plan to have another one this year.

I remember Road FC saying a while back they plan to have another one this year.
Lol, would've been better if they did a middleweight or a 135 or 145..... Why another open weight tounry... Road fc president probably is into heavyweight fights.

SPOTV uploaded the full TFC 15 event.

A few stinkers but overall a good event with some nice KOs. I'm not sure why the Sato vs Hong fight didn't go to a technical decision, there was only about a minute left in the fight, kind of seems like protecting the KTT guy unless they just don't do technical decisions ever.

Kyu Sung Kim had a nice counter punch KO, might be time for TFC to set up a Flyweight title.

Sung Bin Jo proved that he's at least more than a can crusher, good performance and finish from him. Would like to see him against Seung Woo Choi next to determine a #1 contender. Choi completely decimated Young Bok Kil.

Jae Young Kim had a big KO, hope to see him on a bigger stage soon. He's not a special talent or anything but he's solid, on a good run, and always puts on a performance.

I thought Ye Dam Seo was actually going to finish that armbar for a second, some good things from her even though she lost. The referee kept making questionably quick breaks in the clinch and stand ups which kind of worked against her. Weili Zhang showed why she's one of the top Strawweight talents in the world, awesome elbow to begin the finish.

SPOTV uploaded the full TFC 15 event.

A few stinkers but overall a good event with some nice KOs. I'm not sure why the Sato vs Hong fight didn't go to a technical decision, there was only about a minute left in the fight, kind of seems like protecting the KTT guy unless they just don't do technical decisions ever.

Kyu Sung Kim had a nice counter punch KO, might be time for TFC to set up a Flyweight title.

Sung Bin Jo proved that he's at least more than a can crusher, good performance and finish from him. Would like to see him against Seung Woo Choi next to determine a #1 contender. Choi completely decimated Young Bok Kil.

Jae Young Kim had a big KO, hope to see him on a bigger stage soon. He's not a special talent or anything but he's solid, on a good run, and always puts on a performance.

I thought Ye Dam Seo was actually going to finish that armbar for a second, some good things from her even though she lost. The referee kept making questionably quick breaks in the clinch and stand ups which kind of worked against her. Weili Zhang showed why she's one of the top Strawweight talents in the world, awesome elbow to begin the finish.
Who was winning the fight on the Hong vs sato fight? Either man should've won a technical decision if they was winning the fight.

Who was winning the fight on the Hong vs sato fight? Either man should've won a technical decision if they was winning the fight.
It was close but I think Sato would have taken the decision. Maybe they somehow don't do technical decisions and I don't want to blindly accuse them of stuff but I think this no contest call benefited their guy.

Back