New Korean MMA News and Discussion

Do you know if Kwak has completed his military service yet?
I'm not sure, only ones I know for sure that have completed are Stun Gun DHK, Hyun Gyu Lim, Tae Hyun Bang, A Sol Kwon, probably most of the ones over 30, and I think Yoon Jun Lee has. Pretty sure Doo Ho Choi has not, not sure about Soo Chul Kim but if he did then it was straight out of high school.

TOP FC will have some level of co-promotion with Kunlun Fight for an event in late May.
Could be a good move for TOP even if they only get Kunlun's MMA roster. Kunlun is one of, if not the top, kickboxing promotions right now but they have also been building up a solid local MMA roster with fighters like Sai Wang, Jin Tang, Lipeng Zhang (though he's also signed with ROAD so idk if TOP will have access to him), Zhifa Shang, Jianping Yang, Meixuan Zhang, Jingnan Xiong, Haotian Wu, and Weili Zhang among others.

The Korean scene is really starting to heat up with this and all the recent developments with ROAD.

49308_68074_0058.jpg

Last edited:
Could be a good move for TOP even if they only get Kunlun's MMA roster. Kunlun is one of, if not the top kickboxing promotions right now but they have also been building up a solid local MMA roster with fighters like Sai Wang, Jin Tang, Lipeng Zhang (though he's also signed with ROAD so idk if TOP will have access to him), Zhifa Shang, Jianping Yang, Meixuan Zhang, Jingnan Xiong, Haotian Wu, and Weili Zhang among others.

awesome, would be great to see some of these guys fighting in TOP. specifically i'd love to see wang sai, shang zhifa and zhang meixuan.

not so familiar with TOP's roster so i don't know who they could be put up against, but i imagine they'll get some nice competition.

awesome, would be great to see some of these guys fighting in TOP. specifically i'd love to see wang sai, shang zhifa and zhang meixuan.

not so familiar with TOP's roster so i don't know who they could be put up against, but i imagine they'll get some nice competition.

Kwan Ho Kwak is definitely their top guy right now, both TOP and PXC champ and coming off of a very strong showing against Kyle Aguon. Min Gu Lee (though I still think Young Gwang Choi won their fight) and Jae Young Kim are the other current champs (Maestro Dong Hyun Kim was before going to the UFC). Some of the other regulars are Han Bin Park (has an ammy win over Kwak and finished former PXC champ Pitpitunge), Won Jun Jang (could be a good media story if they ever pick up on it, was born with no digits on his right hand), Sung Won Son (one of the early Korean guys that resurfaced, training partner of Stun Gun), Han Seul Kim (coming off of a win over former King of Pancrase, Takenori Sato), Farmon Gafarov, and Michael Ahn (big prospect for them but he's always injured it seems, strong wrestler).

They have also brought in international guys like Will Chope, Takenori Sato, Matt Horwich, and Dennis Hallman among others.

Gafarov vs Zhifa or Meixuan would be a good test for all of them, Sai vs Han Seul Kim or Sung Won Son would be nice. TOP doesn't have much to offer WMMA-wise but Yoo Jin Jung could try and get revenge on Jin Tang, Jung is a lot better than her record, got thrown into the deep end real quick. She could also test Kunlun's new golden girl in Weili Zhang. Definitely some solid matchups to be made.

A good post on some top bantamweight prospects by @French Cafe
PS12123100071.jpg

"1 Minute" Kim Soo-chul (13-5-1)
- former One Championship bantamweight champion, current Road FC bantamweight fighter
- born in 1991
- pro MMA debut in 2010
- height: 171cm (5'7'')
- last 5 fights:
160312 vs Marcus Brimage - won by Decision
151231 vs Maike Linhares - won by Decision
150822 vs Marlon Sandro - draw
150725 vs Nakahara Taiyo - won by Submission
150201 vs Wagner Campos - won by TKO

2439A04C56B596251FBF06

"Handsome" Kwak Kwan-ho (9-0-0)
- current Top FC & PXC bantamweight champion
- born in 1989
- pro MMA debut in 2013
- height: 170cm (5'7'')
- last 5 fights
160522 vs Alptekin Ozkilic - won by Decision
160116 vs Kyle Aguon - won by Decision
150815 vs Park Han-bin - won by TKO
150313 vs Trevin Jones - won by Decision
150207 vs Choi Jae-won - won by TKO

2015050223315642100_99_20150502233402.jpg

Lee Yoon-jun (11-2-0)
- current Road FC bantamweight champion
- born in 1988
- pro MMA debut in 2010
- height: 175cm (5'9'')
- last 5 fights
160514 vs George Roop - won by TKO
150822 vs Choi Mu-gyeom - won by Decision
150502 vs Moon Jea-hoon - won by Decision
141214 vs Lee Kil-woo - won by TKO
140817 vs Thiago Silva - won by TKO

73947.jpg

"Ottogi" Kim Dae-hwan (11-1-1)
- current One Championship bantamweight fighter
- born in 1987
- pro MMA debut in 2008
- height: 168cm (5'6'')
- last 5 fights
151009 vs Teng Lige - won by Submission
141205 vs Bibiano Fernandes - lost by Submission
140314 vs Kevin Belingon - won by Submission
131206 vs Thanh Vu - won by Submission
130804 vs Gondai Yusuke - won by TKO

====================
I expect to see these guys in UFC or Bellator soon or later..

Some road FC news:
ROAD32%2BFukuda%2Bvs%2BKim.jpg

Winner of this bout will face current Deep middleweight champ Choi Young (aka "RYO") for the title shot of Road FC middleweight championship.

Also this event will feature:
Bob Sapp vs. Aorigele (openweight)
Kim Soo-chul vs. Jumabieke Tuerxun (featherweight)

I wouldn't be surprised to see Sapp take a dive. Both of these guys hit Hard, but neither like taking them.

Kim vs Tuerxun is a really good fight for Kim

I really wanted Road FC & Deep/Jewels on UFC fight-pass to see more exchanges with Invicta FC women. But after
Top FC 11 - Top FC vs. Kunlun Fight. Maybe Top FC, Kunlun Fight & PXC are the way to go for UFC Fight-Pass? URCC is making a comeback? Hoping for Top FC to do more vs. other orgs.

The TOP FC vs Kunlun Fight co-promotion is supposed to be a continual thing (they said Lipeng Zhang would be rescheduled for a future TOP FC event).

I'm actually shocked the UFC and PXC haven't worked out a Fight Pass deal yet. No way ROAD FC ends up on Fight Pass though, CEO does not get along with the UFC and they are looking to eventually compete with them. Kunlun Fight has been trying to buy the UFC, that's probably the only way they end up on Fight Pass I think.

Honestly I wish TOP FC and ROAD FC would work together instead of spreading the talent pool thin, it doesn't seem likely though. Would have some really solid divisions if the 2 combined.

On another note, I think ROAD might be gearing up for their big Open weight tournament soon, been a lot of catch weight bouts and guys like Yoon Jun Lee and Soo Chul Kim fighting up in weight lately.

The next Seo-Hee Ham, the teenaged Lee Ye-Ji, has been added to the upcoming Road FC event.
ROAD%2B32%2BLee%2Bvs%2BDate.jpg

http://roadfc.com/main/news/news_view.php?key=JTI1MjUzRCUyNTI1M0R3TjFVVE8=

Why am I calling her the next Ham? Because like the Korean WMMA pioneer, Lee has been fed to the Japanese wolves to start off her career, and has looked impressive in each showing. Time will tell, but definitely keep an eye on here.

Another Road FC this weekend. Anyone have a stream link?

Just curious, which country is MMA bigger in, currently?

Japan, Korea or, China?

Another Road FC this weekend. Anyone have a stream link?
$9.99 PPV
If anyone knows what station they are broadcast on in China then I can probably track down a free stream.
Just curious, which country is MMA bigger in, currently?

Japan, Korea or, China?
Depends. Japan still by far puts on the most events and has the overall deeper talent pool. MMA is rapidly growing in Korea though and they are starting to produce just as many elite prospects as Japan. China is still lagging behind but I think it might start to catch on with Kunlun Fight starting to put on MMA exclusive events and putting more MMA bouts on their Kickboxing cards. ROAD has also been putting a lot of focus on China, tomorrow's event will be their 3rd in China since late December and they have another one scheduled in October. They also have some huge Chinese corporations backing them so we will see if they can get MMA to stick in China.

Road FC 32 full results:
Aorigele def Bob Sapp TKO (punches) Rd.1 0:35
Hequin Lin def Nori Date Unanimous Decision Rd. 2 5:00
Soo Chul Kim def Jumabieke Tuerxun TKO (punches) Rd.1 2:51
Ye Ji Leed def Hana Date Majority Decision Rd. 2 5:00
Zhenlin Hou def Byeon In Gwak TKO (punches) Rd.1 2:13
Albert Cheng def Hyun Seok Lee Unanimous Decision Rd.2 5:00

I'm not 100% on the rules ROAD uses anymore since they change them so often. They used to have a pretty similar rule set to ONE but now I think they are even more restricted than Unified Rules. It's my main gripe with them.

Xiaonan Yan vs Ye Ji Lee on ROAD's "ROAD MAN: Beijing Express" show

Hamderlei, Big and Lil Dong Hyun Kim, Kwan Ho Kwak, Korean Zombie, Nam Jin Jo, Myung Ho Bae and more
13533260_884798901664208_317730143998869087_n.jpg

Back