New Korean MMA News and Discussion

Interesting to see some Shooto champs crossing the East Sea to ply their trades.

Ermek Tlauov gained some fans in spite of losing at RoadFC 36. He hopes to return to Korea to fight again.

Toninho Furia was also met with fan adoration after his victory

Last edited:
Road FC coming events:
showImage.php

Source article:
Road FC 2017 Schedule 1st Half

ROAD FC's reply to the Song Ga Yeon situation

In case it can't be viewed for some reason
AYtAlUj.png
Zd2AXEq.png
pfPX7Uy.png

According to them the media got some of the facts wrong and most of this is actually attributed to her management company, not ROAD. They also said that Ga Yeon has yet to take any legal action against them.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out, it's possible ROAD is just doing damage control but it also seems Ga Yeon might have embellished the truth quite a bit.

ROAD FC's reply to the Song Ga Yeon situation

In case it can't be viewed for some reason
AYtAlUj.png
Zd2AXEq.png
pfPX7Uy.png

According to them the media got some of the facts wrong and most of this is actually attributed to her management company, not ROAD. They also said that Ga Yeon has yet to take any legal action against them.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out, it's possible ROAD is just doing damage control but it also seems Ga Yeon might have embellished the truth quite a bit.

Both scenarios are plausible. I seem to remember a year ago or longer, the word was that the problem was with her management company.

from what i know her management company is or has ties with Road FC, so while it's true that she's not suing the entity Road FC, they are very much involved...indirectly.

my trainer and big bro Chibin Lim has close ties to all of the fighters, so i'll ask him when i see him at the gym. he's pretty close to Seo Doo Won. hopefully he can clear all this up...i'm sure the truth is a combination of both sides.

in fact, we're going to the official first event of Gleamon FC this saturday with Chibin...here's a link to the event

http://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/43897-gleamon-fc-1

16807352_773971682750691_7641750976983821604_n.jpg

i know Seo Doo Won is a part of this promotion after leaving Road FC

my wife has connections to Road FC and the MMA broadcasting world as well...we often score free tickets to the events and went to the most recent Lightweight Tourney one.

anyway, i'll see what's going on with this.

Song Ga Yeon update

Not a good look for ROAD, especially with the debut of their all-female promotion next month. Explains why she was suing the company and probably why Seo Doo Won cut all ties with them and left his coaching position at their gym. Good news is that Ga Yeon should be free to finally continue on with her career.
Props to Seo Doo Won for getting some of that Gayeon booty. Jackson was too beta to make a move on her.
tumblr_nd990vl9Pj1twt42ao4_250.gif

from what i know her management company is or has ties with Road FC, so while it's true that she's not suing the entity Road FC, they are very much involved...indirectly.

my trainer and big bro Chibin Lim has close ties to all of the fighters, so i'll ask him when i see him at the gym. he's pretty close to Seo Doo Won. hopefully he can clear all this up...i'm sure the truth is a combination of both sides.

in fact, we're going to the official first event of Gleamon FC this saturday with Chibin...here's a link to the event

http://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/43897-gleamon-fc-1

16807352_773971682750691_7641750976983821604_n.jpg

i know Seo Doo Won is a part of this promotion after leaving Road FC

my wife has connections to Road FC and the MMA broadcasting world as well...we often score free tickets to the events and went to the most recent Lightweight Tourney one.

anyway, i'll see what's going on with this.
There's definitely something between ROAD and Seo Doo Won, he left his coaching position at their gym and the promotion. Any idea where he's training at now?

Is this the same Lim as the kickboxer btw?

Props to Seo Doo Won for getting some of that Gayeon booty. Jackson was too beta to make a move on her.
tumblr_nd990vl9Pj1twt42ao4_250.gif
Classic Stonehands imo

Results from Gleamon FC 1
Gono missed weight so that fight didn't happen.

This audience fillmed video of Sang Il Ahn vs Junichiro Okamoto is the only footage I have found. The event had an official broadcast though so there should be more and higher quality videos soon

Korean Zombie on the JTBC show "As I Say":

for those who don't know, the concept of the show is a trio of guests are invited to give some kind of talk or presentation in public. no english subs for the full episode yet, but there should be soon.

It sounds like Dongi Yang is no longer with the UFC and will be a part of Gleamon FC, their second event will take place in May

It sounds like Dongi Yang is no longer with the UFC and will be a part of Gleamon FC, their second event will take place in May
I figured he wasn't with them since he hasnt been scheduled to fight ever since the Seoul show. Hope he keeps winning.

Back