New Korean MMA News and Discussion

Angles Fighting 2 goes down tomorrow night. The blonde Korean girl who won last time is fighting again, and from the use of the characters 켝투기, I believe it will be MMA this time.

Kickboxing again according to the weigh in results I found.

Event airs about 5:30am ET and on KBSN Sports which I think there are streams for. Jun Soo Lim is fighting in the main event again, In Soo Kim is on it as well. One of the chicks in the women's tag team kickboxing bout seems to be a DJ and I think her partner is from a dance group. From what I can make out there's also a sambo champ and an actor or 2.

I assume the 5v5 listed at the bottom of the poster is 5 sets of 1v1 bouts
match_2017_last.jpg

Last edited:
Kickboxing again according to the weigh in results I found.

Event airs about 5:30am ET and on KBSN Sports which I think there are streams for. Jun Soo Lim is fighting in the main event again, In Soo Kim is on it as well. One of the chicks in the women's tag team kickboxing bout seems to be a DJ and I think her partner is from a dance group. From what I can make out there's also a sambo champ and an actor or 2.

I assume the 5v5 listed at the bottom of the poster is 5 sets of 1v1 bouts
match_2017_last.jpg
guessing the girl group member is shin hye from Love Cubic. don't know if they're in the same agency as dj pica but i think they've done shows together before.

guessing the girl group member is shin hye from Love Cubic. don't know if they're in the same agency as dj pica but i think they've done shows together before.
Yeah, it's her. Seen the name and Love Cubic mentioned

TFC 14 announced for March 18th
107399_132537_2454.jpg

Seung Woo Choi defends his Featherweight title for the first time against Jae Woong Kim
Also announced was Woo Hyuk Choi vs Ho Taek Oh in the Lightweight Tournament finals

Videos from TFC DREAM 2 are up on their Facebook page

Another interesting event that popped up recently is Gleamon FC 1
The main event is Akihiro Gono vs Jang Wong Kim. Gono of course is a pioneer and long time vet, Kim is one of the heads of Korean Top Team and former PXC Lightweight champ.
Gyo Pyung Hwang returns for the first time since being upset by Jung Min Kang in the TOP FC Lightweight tournament almost 2 years ago. There's a few more returns such as Spirit MC vets Min Seok Heo (probably best known for beating Katsuyori Shibata in HERO'S) and Sang Il Ahn, and 2-0 MMA Story product Jong Baek Kim fights for the first time in 4 years.

Sick tag line. 100% reall MMA. Can't help but think that's a shot at someone.

Seo Doo Won is finally returning after losing his shot at the ROAD FC FW belt exactly 2 years ago this day. He will be fighting a debuting fighter on the Gleamon FC card

Last edited:
Heard Road getting a female only gig called Road Fc XX Korea got a few talented girls could be their equivalent too Deep Jewels.

So, is anyone giving any of the Korean fighters a chance in the International Trials at Road this weekend? I think "Armbar" Chang-Hyun Kim can do it, because Andy Main is moving up from featherweight and is also coming off a layoff.

It's MMA and anything can happen, but it's looking like the 16-man bracket will be sparse for home country guys, unless at least one of the two automatic seeds goes to a Korean.

Armbar probably has the best shot of making it past the first round mostly because Won Gi Kim and Hyung Seok Lee are up against 2 of the favorites in the tournament and Dae Sung Park hasn't fought a top heavy grappler like Caporal yet. Hong maybe has a chance just because Kuntz is far worse than his record but I would still favor him over Hong.

There's probably a good chance Yui Chul Nam is the only Korean in the main bracket unless some surprises happen.

TFC announced the full card for their next event. A few more notable bouts to go with the previously announced main and co-main events. Kyu Sung Kim returns after a failed bid for the HEAT Flyweight title back in September, he fights Min Joo Lee who quickly rose to 2-0 as a pro against much more experienced opponents. Korean Zombie MMA's Seung Gu Kim and Jun Young Hong are also on the card.

Song Ga Yeon update

Not a good look for ROAD, especially with the debut of their all-female promotion next month. Explains why she was suing the company and probably why Seo Doo Won cut all ties with them and left his coaching position at their gym. Good news is that Ga Yeon should be free to finally continue on with her career.

Song Ga Yeon update

Not a good look for ROAD, especially with the debut of their all-female promotion next month. Explains why she was suing the company and probably why Seo Doo Won cut all ties with them and left his coaching position at their gym. Good news is that Ga Yeon should be free to finally continue on with her career.
crazy stuff. i'm inclined to believe her side of the story, but whatever happened it's good that she's moved on and is still training and focused on competing.

crazy stuff. i'm inclined to believe her side of the story, but whatever happened it's good that she's moved on and is still training and focused on competing.
Hopefully she can fight this year. If she's staying in the US then Invicta should be all over that, she looks in way better physical shape than before so she should be able to fight whenever she is allowed to.

Hopefully she can fight this year. If she's staying in the US then Invicta should be all over that, she looks in way better physical shape than before so she should be able to fight whenever she is allowed to.
yeah, especially if she's training (and i think i've seen photos of her competing at grappling tournaments) and living in the US for now, and from the article it seems like she's interested in continuing her MMA career in the US so i'm sure she's reached out to Invicta.

make it happen.

yeah, especially if she's training (and i think i've seen photos of her competing at grappling tournaments) and living in the US for now, and from the article it seems like she's interested in continuing her MMA career in the US so i'm sure she's reached out to Invicta.

make it happen.
I'm not sure where she trains now but she has definitely spent an extensive amount of time in the US the last year or 2 and is picking up English. She would be great for Invicta's Atomweight or Strawweight division which need all the bodies they can get since the UFC keeps absorbing their top talent, she's highly marketable as well.

New promotion Battlefield FC with a nice debut event on March 18th
f820aeea6b54580f603f2bad56984d61114310.jpg

Jung Hyun Ahn vs Raja Shippen
Rocky Lee vs Dong Joo Lee
Jeff Glover vs Wan Gi Chae (not sure if MMA or grappling)
Francisco Trevino vs Gokhan Turkyilmaz
Joe Ray vs Igor Svirid
Seung Chul Shin vs Sung Ho Hong
Sung Hoon Woo vs Jun Sung Park
Chengjie Wu (@GoForkYourself will be glad about this) vs Makoto Yoshida
Joo Hwan Kim vs Alex Schild
Sarah Kaufman, no opponent announced yet but Jan Finney's name has been thrown around

Cris Cyborg will be in attendance, she seems very interested in Korean MMA lately for whatever reason.

New promotion Battlefield FC with a nice debut event on March 18th
f820aeea6b54580f603f2bad56984d61114310.jpg

Jung Hyun Ahn vs Raja Shippen
Rocky Lee vs Dong Joo Lee
Jeff Glover vs Wan Gi Chae (not sure if MMA or grappling)
Francisco Trevino vs Gokhan Turkyilmaz
Joe Ray vs Igor Svirid
Seung Chul Shin vs Sung Ho Hong
Sung Hoon Woo vs Jun Sung Park
Chengjie Wu (@GoForkYourself will be glad about this) vs Makoto Yoshida
Joo Hwan Kim vs Alex Schild
Sarah Kaufman, no opponent announced yet but Jan Finney's name has been thrown around

Looks good for a first event.

Cris Cyborg will be in attendance, she seems very interested in Korean MMA lately for whatever reason.
Probably looking for somewhere to fight after USADA suspends her for a good while.

Back