New Ken Primola Free DVD offer - Be Aware

No, I understand what you're saying. I'm just putting out a reason why sherdogger hate will amount to almost nothing for these guys.

Unfortunately, business are evaluated by results. The way to measure results is through sales numbers. You don't make money by being popular on sherdog.

Unfortunately, that's the way it will be going foward, just like BJJ McDojos.

The sad part is that in the end, it doesn't really make money. If it becomes a trend among top guys, it ultimately just completely erodes the credibility of the art as a whole. Then you end up with the next Karate -- just another joke.

Karate is not a joke to me, but the truth is that after watching the last 15 years or so of a respected school going down this path and ending in bankruptcy (and knowing that lots of other schools followed), I completely understand why it's a joke to most on here.

The sad part is that in the end, it doesn't really make money. If it becomes a trend among top guys, it ultimately just completely erodes the credibility of the art as a whole. Then you end up with the next Karate -- just another joke.

Karate is not a joke to me, but the truth is that after watching the last 15 years or so of a respected school going down this path and ending in bankruptcy (and knowing that lots of other schools followed), I completely understand why it's a joke to most on here.

As seen on the video by KJ Gould, the neysayers are sitting in their poor ass homes, in their crappy computers, with their crappy ass jobs complaining and moaning.

There are a lot of success stories that are well documented, there are not a lot of statistics of failures. This is why this formula works so well for the seller of the marketing system.

The only area where you can see some backlash is the recent "get rich quick" scheme in the real estate industry. But again, not a lot of concrete publiciations or studies on the people that failed.

It's sad to see, but it's not something you or I can't change. It's just the way it is.

Last edited:
As seen on the video by KJ Gould, the neysayers are sitting in their poor ass homes, in their crappy computers, with their crappy ass jobs complaining and moaning.

There are a lot of success stories that are well documented, there are not a lot of statistics of failures. This is why this formula works so well for the seller of the marketing system.

The only area where you can see some backlash is the recent "get rich quick" scheme in the real estate industry. But again, not a lot of concrete publiciations or studies on the people that failed.

It's sad to see, but it's not something you or I can change. It's just the way it is.

You are right, but you gloss over an important point, which is that the road to MLM riches is built on the corpse of MLM failures. That's why it's a pyramid scheme. Everybody tries it, but only a few make much money.

The really pathetic thing is to see guys sell off their integrity for what amounts to nickels and dimes. If there is anything more piteous than a low-level MLM drone going on about points, I don't know what it is. I feel horrified, like I'm looking at a burned baby or something, you just fill overwhelming pity and anguish for what happened to the person. Their brain is frantically trying to justify it, all the while there is a part of them that surely watches in horror.

Kind of like this Aqua Teen Hunger Force quote that always cracks me up:

Master Shake So how's this work? We got nationals?
Meatwad: All right, see, you also the savior of their race, like me, okay? So you gotta buy all the stuff in this catalog, then I get points, then so do they get points, and you get points too so they can get that Gorgotron killed, and somehow, someone gets a Ferrari.
Master Shake Yeah, I get the Ferrari. I'm the moon master. Now what?
Ignignokt: Now go out and find fifty others who are rich enough to take pleasure in this facade.
Master Shake Yo! Sign my thing.
Meatwad: Well you already signed mine. Go out and do my bidding.
Master Shake I don't know fifty people.
Frylock Can I help someone?
Master Shake Hey buddy, how's it going?
Meatwad: Come over here first.
Master Shake I want to show you some literature.
Meatwad: Show us how you sign your name, I know you know how to do it. Did you bring your pen with you?
Master Shake Nobody's talking to you; let the adults speak.
Meatwad: I'll get you a moon master pen, how's that grab you?
Master Shake I want you to look at this Gorgotron repellant. Go over it at your own pace, no pressure, but I do need you to sign it right now.

That's disappointing. Tricking people like this is tantamount to theft. I always thought he was a pretty cool guy . . . I guess not. :icon_sad:

You are right, but you gloss over an important point, which is that the road to MLM riches is built on the corpse of MLM failures. That's why it's a pyramid scheme. Everybody tries it, but only a few make much money.

Going into anything, do you think you're gonna be one of those that fails?

Therein lies the perfect trap. If you failed, you failed because you didn't follow the system. So either you make money or not, they win.

I support Scully a lot more now. I completely agree that the direct marketing approach is fine, although it can be annoying. It seems to go wrong when people focus more on the thought of profit than the thought of selling with integrity.

But screw Ken's products. $37 is not "cheap as hell", that is half my BJJ tuition, a week of lunches, or 8% of my Roth IRA contribution.

I support Scully a lot more now. I completely agree that the direct marketing approach is fine, although it can be annoying. It seems to go wrong when people focus more on the thought of profit than the thought of selling with integrity.

But screw Ken's products. $37 is not "cheap as hell", that is half my BJJ tuition, a week of lunches, or 8% of my Roth IRA contribution.

Jeff dropping the math bomb!

To be fair, I didn't think this was trickery at all. I just thought "It's a monthly membership site with a $1 dvd to get you to sign up."

And to be fair about the LI stuff, the gym-owners stuff that I got for free was excellent.

Ken used to be cool then he jumped on Lloyd's dick and I stopped checking for his stuff.

I stopped looking for his stuff when 80% of my facebook wall was him doing goofy videos and the whole "i love bjj, ossss" stuff.

Back