New gym switch, need help

Relentless chase

The one and only
@Brown
Reaction score
I've posted on this before, I'm currently training in CO at the moment. I'm not too satisfied with where I'm at right now and I'm open to two options. Ludwig Martial Arts or AKA(American Kickboxing Academy) in San Jose. now I know AKA gets a lot of shit about the injuries and stuff, but aside from that, it's always ranked in the top 5 gyms to train at in the world, world class coaching staff and UFC/Bellator level athletes/champions. Ludwig Martial Arts has Duane Bang, who is arguably one of the best coaches in the world. those are my two and my contract ends at the end of this month with the gym I'm at now. I would like to see what yall think on these camps.

AKA bro, better stable of fighters to train with. Depends on what you wanted to improve on though

I've posted on this before, I'm currently training in CO at the moment. I'm not too satisfied with where I'm at right now and I'm open to two options. Ludwig Martial Arts or AKA(American Kickboxing Academy) in San Jose. now I know AKA gets a lot of shit about the injuries and stuff, but aside from that, it's always ranked in the top 5 gyms to train at in the world, world class coaching staff and UFC/Bellator level athletes/champions. Ludwig Martial Arts has Duane Bang, who is arguably one of the best coaches in the world. those are my two and my contract ends at the end of this month with the gym I'm at now. I would like to see what yall think on these camps.
Depends on your mindset. Try out both and see where you fit.

Big change and San Jose is expensive if you are thinking of moving out from CO

Try the snakes gym first

AKA if you can survive that shit you'll probably learn a lot

wasnt u the who tried to emulate conor in training and got whooped?

AKA bro, better stable of fighters to train with. Depends on what you wanted to improve on though
Everywhere really. my Muay Thai, BJJ, Wrestling, etc. that's why I thought Of AKA, because there's Cain, Luke, DC, Khabib, Jon Fitch and so on. at Ludwig's gym it's only like TJ, JoeB, Curtis Bladez, Matt Brown.

No I don't emulate no one. I took certain movements from him and made up my own unorthodox style and so far so good.

I feel like at the elite level your fighting at you won't benefit much from Ludwigs so I would recommend checking out AKA.

Aww man I wished I trained UFC so I could post here about it. You should send us photos of you in the gym all sweaty and stuff.

Aww man I wished I trained UFC so I could post here about it. You should send us photos of you in the gym all sweaty and stuff.
If you join a UFC branded gym you can come on here and make a thread about how much ya bench

Mods won't be able to delete it, it's a loop hole

It all comes down to exactly why you're switching.
I just don't have any good training partners, well I have some, but ehh. My coach is great. I just don't feel it at that gym anymore. I don't feel like my standup nor ground game is hitting the next level.

I feel like at the elite level your fighting at you won't benefit much from Ludwigs so I would recommend checking out AKA.
Lol elite level? I'm not at the UFC level yet LMAO. I just wanna surround myself with the best of the best and get better. that's all I want.

Are you a pro fighter?

If not why would you move to San Jose without a job lol. Also San Jose is like 70% male. Only Luke Rockhold gets pussy there.

Edit: Don't just like my comment, ANSWER THE FOOKING question. Are you training to be a pro? If not WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU MOVE TO THE 2nd highest cost of living city in America?
Yes I am training to be a pro. which is why I'm wondering about Ludwig's gym vs AKA to train and grow further.

Have you considered women?

As in having sex with women. Also raising a family.

Because outside of Southern California a "fighter" is a drunk brawler not a job.

But in socal a "fighter" can be a legit celebrity.

Also remember you can start a gym later in socal.
Yea I have a woman already so I'm not searching for one, but I just wanna train with the best. whether that be at Ludwig's or AKA, I just wanna be sure I'm getting the best world class instruction wherever I go and that I'm surrounded by world class fighters that wanna train and get better.

Yea I have a woman already so I'm not searching for one, but I just wanna train with the best. whether that be at Ludwig's or AKA, I just wanna be sure I'm getting the best world class instruction wherever I go and that I'm surrounded by world class fighters that wanna train and get better.
How would you classify your fighting style? What are your strengths and weaknesses? What type of coaches do you work well with? What teaching styles do you respond to? You should pick a gym that will build upon that.

Last edited:
Back