New Greta Van Fleet Album

Do you listen to Dean Delray's "Let There Be Talk" podcast? He is a comedian/rocker and he's been a champion for both of these bands for years. That's how I found out about them.

I don’t listen to podcasts at all tbh. I’m a musician myself and just keep an open ear out for anything I find interesting. I came a across these guys and 1000 Mods a few years ago.

Yeah, White is great. I never got into the White Stripes, but when I started hearing his solo stuff and side projects I became a fan. He does great work in my opinion.
You like the Racontuers? I think Jack White said their working on they're first album in forever soon.

There are just so many better modern rock bands, so, to be blunt, who cares about some kids playing dress up as led zep?

They all can't be as great as the Arctic Monkeys

Well I've got some news to tell you about what led zeppelin did...
I took a type of music appreciation class in high school and teacher play a bunch of Zeppelin songs and then played the blues songs they ripped off right after. It was quite the eye opener as someone who listed to Zep throughout high school.

reviews are savage. Album seems to deserve it, lol

I took a type of music appreciation class in high school and teacher play a bunch of Zeppelin songs and then played the blues songs they ripped off right after. It was quite the eye opener as someone who listed to Zep throughout high school.

Did your teacher play the versions those blues guys ripped off lol? So many of those songs were done by so many different people.. LZ also had a very original library too.

‘Dazed and Confused’ is the only legit straight up ripped off song I’ve heard them do. Most of their versions of the blues stuff doesn’t sound like a carbon copy. It’s like getting pissed at Hendrix for ‘All Along the Watchtower’ which even Neil Young says is the superior version of the song.

Did your teacher play the versions those blues guys ripped off lol? So many of those songs were done by so many different people.. LZ also had a very original library too.

‘Dazed and Confused’ is the only legit straight up ripped off song I’ve heard them do. Most of their versions of the blues stuff doesn’t sound like a carbon copy. It’s like getting pissed at Hendrix for ‘All Along the Watchtower’ which even Neil Young says is the superior version of the song.
Guess the point is that all bands steal shit from each other. I remember in the 90s when everyone said Oasis was trying to be the Beatles. I never liked the Beatles... though Oasis was alright for while though. Speaking of bands with brothers.

You like the Racontuers? I think Jack White said their working on they're first album in forever soon.

Not big on that one either. I dig ‘The Dead Weather’ (he plays drums in this band) and his solo stuff.

Guess the point is that all bands steal shit from each other. I remember in the 90s when everyone said Oasis was trying to be the Beatles. I never liked the Beatles... though Oasis was alright for while though. Speaking of bands with brothers.

Nirvana with Mudhoney is another one. In fact, Nirvana gets accused of ripping off all kinds of bands. I don’t hear it personally. I feel like in many cases people mistake ‘influenced by’ with ‘ripped off’.

Greta Van fleet fucking sucks...I’ll just listen to zeppelin instead of listening to this glorified cover band

They kinda get old quick...

But the first time I heard them, the first band I thought of was Humble Pie. Due to the vocals on that song, which really reminded me of Steve Marriott...

Downloaded this on the recommendation of a mate, a few songs in and it's not bad, seems like good fun.

In case you haven't listened to it today yet.

Ive already ripped these songs onto my phone. Lover, Leave is my fav on this album.

These kids are fantastic. I saw them twice now, once in a tiny venue in oakland. Very talented.

Btw.. if you dig the retro type stuff (I do personally) ‘Rival Sons’ is a much better band imo than GvF..

..bit of a Jack White thing going on with them too, imo. Which is a good thing. To me, Jack White is the Quentin Tarantino of music. If that makes sense.

@TeTe

One of the best bands not only right now, but ever.

One thing is to get influence from a band, another thing is to fucking copy it.
I dind them quite soulless, and I strongly dislike the vocals, the dude sounds weird sometimes.

Back