New fight video from your local sherdogger !

xentreos

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Hey guys, just postin my fight video for anyone who wanted to check it out ! Dude hit hard as fuck and had me fighting kinda scared for a decent portion of the fight. Wish I would of let my hands go a lot more. In the second round I hit him with one of those knee stomps and was pretty uncomfortable landing that sort of technique, it felt very cheap. I threw a couple more in the third because my coach called for more but I think it’s a technique I’ll take out of my arsenal going forward. Let me know what you guys think ! Refer to my previous threads if you guys haven’t seen my other fights.
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/s...d-his-honor-in-combat.3711677/#post-138567045

Just s couple pics from the fight

ht

RdX5HAx.jpg

SXrtJpS.jpg

nCtxtnV.jpg

thats one big ass dude you fought there. thanks for sharing you fight and again congrats with the win.

you have another fight coming up at LFA 41 i see. good to see you are being active. any aspirations as in how far you want to go with your fighting career?

thats one big ass dude you fought there. thanks for sharing you fight and again congrats with the win.

you have another fight coming up at LFA 41 i see. good to see you are being active. any aspirations as in how far you want to go with your fighting career?

I actually dropped out of the LFA card, my leg is pretty jacked from landing kicks on this dude and I knew my cardio was going to suffer even more without being able to get in the gym right away. I’m a little bummed but me and my team thought it was the right decision to make. I wanna go as far as I can ! The ufc is a long ways away and I’m not even close to that level but that’s what I’m shooting for, I wanna be a contender before it’s all said and done. I’m 24 years old so I have some time before I feel I need to go pro( I wanna get to 8-0/10-0 as an amateur before I declare pro) But yeah whether it’s coaching promoting or even commentating /journalism some day I wanna be involved in MMA as a career.

Holy Moly, is it even possible to land a low blow against that guy?

Last edited:
Dammit boy… that dude has some girth. Heal up and train hard bud!!!

Dammit boy… that dude has some girth. Heal up and train hard bud!!!

He was so huge and he wouldn’t give up the middle of that damn ring ! I wish that cage wasn’t so damn small I felt like I was in a phone booth with him at times haha. Where’s my fighter belt damnit ! Ammy fights count don’t they ?:(

Huzzah to our warrior Sherbro! Ain't nobody dat can fook up a fat guy like a dogger!

Going to sleep soon and will watch later. For real, congrats on getting in there and swinging. Let me know if you have any stuff in Texas going on and I'll go to the fight.

Props for getting in the "ring" and props for being brave enough to post it to Sherdog. It would be a bit more interesting to follow you though if you gave a bit more information about the fights. Maybe I missed a link to the info or something, but what weights were you fighting at, what sort of record or background did the other guy have, how'd you feel about your training and the fight itself?

Also, as a guy with a "super heavy weight" body myself what do you think about carrying "extra weight" when fighting? On one hand a lot of extra weight means a guy becomes pretty hard to move and blows can actually be absorbed, but it also must take a big toll in terms of ability to output and health risks (heart, knees, etc.). What do you think is your ideal fighting weight? Do you think it was an advantage for the other guy to be so big?

Lol@ 13 minutes, you raising your own hands and his is fucking awesome. Good job.

Props for getting in the "ring" and props for being brave enough to post it to Sherdog. It would be a bit more interesting to follow you though if you gave a bit more information about the fights. Maybe I missed a link to the info or something, but what weights were you fighting at, what sort of record or background did the other guy have, how'd you feel about your training and the fight itself?

Also, as a guy with a "super heavy weight" body myself what do you think about carrying "extra weight" when fighting? On one hand a lot of extra weight means a guy becomes pretty hard to move and blows can actually be absorbed, but it also must take a big toll in terms of ability to output and health risks (heart, knees, etc.). What do you think is your ideal fighting weight? Do you think it was an advantage for the other guy to be so big?

This fight was basically open weight as far as I know , I was a last second replacement for a dude who dropped out ( one camp had 5 people drop out from the card o_O) I weighted in at 284 with all my clothes on and full pockets with shoes on. He was 400 pounds I believe , dude was massive. He was 1-0 going into the fight, I didn’t think much of him really just based on his size. My training was okay , didnt do anything special just hittin the gym when I could, didn’t do any cardio until 2 weeks out I’d say but other than that just doing bjj and striking here and there getting ready for my June 1st fight. Our thinking was let’s work on our cardio and timing in the cage since I’d been so lazy this camp and get another W on the record really.

All in all I felt okay , but he surprised me. His hand speed if you watch in the first round was actually pretty quick for 400 pounds but his power was insane. I’ve sparred with some pretty good fighters, and I can say I’ve never felt that much power before. He didn’t rock me but I knew if he did I could of went to sleep. It was my first fight I’ve had out of my 3 opponents where I felt the threat of someone’s power so I just stayed away and played the game really and waited for him to do something stupid which he didn’t for the most part. I couldn’t commit to really comboing him Up but when I got him gassed out I didn’t put my foot on the pedal like I should have, that was my biggest take away from the fight. In my last two fights I felt like I have fought really stiff and worrying about shutting down my opponents offense rather than doing my own game.

I can’t call it an advantage because that size is half the reason he lost to me but it was certainly a unique challenge. I’m always the big man in the gym , it’s pretty rare to have someone bigger than me so it was a lot different in that aspect. He felt impossible to move backwards, like I couldn’t push him around with my kicks or body punches he kinda just ate them and threw back. I hit him with some really hard kicks that I know sucked ass to eat but he could just tank it. Even like my spinning back kick, I went for them and were both so damn big that we kinda just clashed. Being that size is always gonna be a hinderance in gas tank speed reflexes. You take a 150 pounds off him and I promise he still hits like a brick. So is it an advantage?no ,but that doesn’t mean it can’t be used effectively

I think if I’m gonna be fighting at hw walking around I gotta be in that 240-250 range by the time I go pro is kinda what I had in mind. My dream if I get really good at all of this is to be a 205er one day but that’s a long way down the road , for now I’ll keep my eyes set on just losing more of the fat and getting my gut down as much as I can so I can be as fast as possible. Need to drill more too , people are so damn good it’s hard to keep up with these freaks. Anyway sorry for the long winded response! Felt like a lot of questions haha

Last edited:
This fight was basically open weight as far as I know , I was a last second replacement for a dude who dropped out ( one camp had 5 people drop out from the card o_O) I weighted in at 284 with all my clothes on and full pockets with shoes on. He was 400 pounds I believe , dude was massive. He was 1-0 going into the fight, I didn’t think much of him really just based on his size. My training was okay , didnt do anything special just hittin the gym when I could, didn’t do any cardio until 2 weeks out I’d say but other than that just doing bjj and striking here and there getting ready for my June 1st fight. Our thinking was let’s work on our cardio and timing in the cage since I’d been so lazy this camp and get another W on the record really.

All in all I felt okay , but he surprised me. His hand speed if you watch in the first round was actually pretty quick for 400 pounds but his power was insane. I’ve sparred with some pretty good fighters, and I can say I’ve never felt that much power before. He didn’t rock me but I knew if he did I could of went to sleep. It was my first fight I’ve had out of my 3 opponents where I felt the threat of someone’s power so I just stayed away and played the game really and waited for him to do something stupid which he didn’t for the most part. I couldn’t commit to really comboing him Up but when I got him gassed out I didn’t put my foot on the pedal like I should have, that was my biggest take away from the fight. In my last two fights I felt like I have fought really stiff and worrying about shutting down my opponents offense rather than doing my own game.

I can’t call it an advantage because that size is half the reason he lost to me but it was certainly a unique challenge. I’m always the big man in the gym , it’s pretty rare to have someone bigger than me so it was a lot different in that aspect. He felt impossible to move backwards, like I couldn’t push him around with my kicks or body punches he kinda just ate them and threw back. I hit him with some really hard kicks that I know sucked ass to eat but he could just tank it. Even like my spinning back kick, I went for them and were both so damn big that we kinda just clashed. Being that size is always gonna be a hinderance in gas tank speed reflexes. You take a 150 pounds off him and I promise he still hits like a brick. So is it an advantage?no ,but that doesn’t mean it can’t be used effectively

I think if I’m gonna be fighting at hw walking around I gotta be in that 240-250 range by the time I go pro is kinda what I had in mind. My dream if I get really good at all of this is to be a 205er one day but that’s a long way down the road , for now I’ll keep my eyes set on just losing more of the fat and getting my gut down as much as I can so I can be as fast as possible. Need to drill more too , people are so damn good it’s hard to keep up with these freaks. Anyway sorry for the long winded response! Felt like a lot of questions haha

Keep grinding big boy! I'll be moving back to Houston later this year I want to see a real sherdogger main eventing an LFA event.

Hey guys, just postin my fight video for anyone who wanted to check it out ! Dude hit hard as fuck and had me fighting kinda scared for a decent portion of the fight. Wish I would of let my hands go a lot more. In the second round I hit him with one of those knee stomps and was pretty uncomfortable landing that sort of technique, it felt very cheap. I threw a couple more in the third because my coach called for more but I think it’s a technique I’ll take out of my arsenal going forward. Let me know what you guys think ! Refer to my previous threads if you guys haven’t seen my other fights.
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/s...d-his-honor-in-combat.3711677/#post-138567045

Well done bro. Good luck in your future

i feel like the rear leg body kick was there the whole time. feels like you could've just spammed it at his big belly of a target

i feel like the rear leg body kick was there the whole time. feels like you could've just spammed it at his big belly of a target

That’s what my thinking was as well, that’s why I was doing so much south paw stance ,touch with the lead hand and rip the kicks in there. He did counter me on some of empty kicks I threw, kinda watching my work after the kick type of thing.

Good job dude. Just out of coriousity, how tall are you? Tried to look it up but couldnt find anything. Also are you planning on doing this full time and work your way up to a big org or is it more of a hobby for you?

Great man! Keep us posted. Win or lose you are a Sherdog idol. Mods should get you your fighters credentials FFS!

Also.. the dude you fought was scary big and the cage was freaking small. You looked really good in the 3rd when you were loose. Some good stuff there.

What is your background? Im asking because your opponent looked like the type of guy that would drop from a single leg TD and never be able to go back up (ala Butterbean) but you did not looked to grapple there (well.. there was also 130lbs difference).

Back