New Diet Log

SummerStriker

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Well, I was keeping a log of my weight every Sunday morning on my iPhone, but it is gone now, which is kind of sad. So I guess I'll post here once a week on my progress.

What I remember:

Starting weight: 283.0
After 6 or 7 weeks: 257.4

I started feeling really hungry and was compulsively thinking about food. I figured my body was fighting back against the weight loss so I went from 1800-2000 calories on the diet back up to 2800-3000 which I think is about maintenance, over a 3 week period. This week, I'm sure I've been closer to 3000 most days and I didn't even work out the last two or Wednesday.

Weight last four Sundays (including today): 257.4, 257.5, 257.7, and 256.4

So for some reason I dropped a pound this week. Can't really say what the source of it is.

I'm going to give myself a little more room and starting tomorrow, only cut back down to 2100. I'm going to stay on strength training 3 days and 35 minutes cardio 6 days on the elliptical. I'll try to trade one day of cardio out for some intervals.

I'm going to try and take the advice of people on this board and up my protein. I was only eating about 80-100 grams a day. Lean body mass * .82 for me is 155.8 so I guess I'll research a good protein supplement and start taking it twice a day to get to that total and see how it helps.

Hopefully I can burn off another 20 pounds before I reach another plateau.

Goal weight = 225

Seems like you have a solid plan.
Whats your diet/meals looking like

Yeah, it is ok so far.

1st meal: fruit and left over meat or fat free Greek yogurt with cereal

2nd: banana and 1/4 cup nuts

3rd: shake, 220 calories w/ 28 grams protein

4th: meat and salad or more likely lunch meat sandwich

5th: shake and fruit

6: meat and vegetable

4-25-13
Weight 257.8

Having a difficult time getting back on board with this diet. Too many celebrations and too much hunger. I'm not worried about the weight gain from a week and a half ago. I'm sure it is mostly water. It still isn't encouraging.

More big celebrations tomorrow, then nothing for a couple of months. Double down on the calorie deficit.

On the plus side, my workouts have been a lot stronger.

Maintained my weight loss for two more months. Unfortunately it seems like the set point theory might describe me pretty well.

This week, Monday, I was 257.7. Sunday morning 6-23-13 I'm 253.8.

Weight loss should be slower this time. I'm trying to keep a 20% deficit rather than a 1000 calorie deficit.

7-7-13

Would make better progress if I didn't have a cookout every three days.

The slow march continues: 247.8 on 9-15-13.

Worried I could be a little dehydrated but I ate so much food last night so I'm surprised I'm under 250.

Logs are nice. I'm so aggravated by the slowness of this. I should cheer up. At least it is working.

9-22-13

Weighed 244.1 this morning. Even drank a beer last night and a big fat free meal at a party on Friday. I feel pretty normal and energized today.

Guess I should point out that I dropped that 20% calorie deficit deal and just started trying to keep my calories between 1800-2100, which is a 30-35% deficit. Especially with the inevitable cheat meal or two, this is the only way dieting works for me.

I got the basics for my current weight loss plan through a hospital program, which gave me access to their InBody230 scale that measures a bunch of different things. I went back for my second screen today and was pretty encouraged by it.

January: 283 Pounds, 30%+ body fat (machine not used)

March

Total Body Water: 139.0 lbs
Dry Lean Mass: 51.2 lbs
Body Fat Mass: 69.1 lbs
Weight: 259.3 lbs
Muscle Mass: 108.9 lbs
BFP: 26.7%
BMR: 2233 kcal

September

Total Body Water: 144.9 lbs
Dry Lean Mass: 53.6 lbs
Body Fat Mass: 46.4 lbs
Weight:244.9 lbs
Muscle Mass: 114.7 lbs
BFP: 18.9%
BMR: 2315 kcal

If I can retain all of the muscle I put on during this cut, I only need to drop another 11.5 pounds to get to 15% body fat.

See, this is why you keep a log and look once a week. I am usually lighter after hard days of working out m-w, and was light enough this week that I expected to be under 240. I was depressed checking the scale until I looked on here and saw I was down 2.5 pounds from last Sunday!

I feel like I'm over training. I've been irritable, waking up tired, can barely get up the energy to go on a brisk walk let alone lift. I'm going to go back to 3000 calories for a few days, maybe the week, and see if I can feel better.

Working out is only a fraction of my calorie burn. I'm on my feet a lot of the day so, I can't function like this.

I'm on day three of a maintenance or a little over. I've regained maybe a pound or two. Starting to feel a little better. Today or tomorrow will probably be the last day for the vacation and back to it, whenever I feel full strength again.

I am a lot better but I have a crazy schedule for the rest of the day. Tomorrow could be anything.

I had to work yesterday to eat enough. I guess I'm well trained not to over eat anymore, which is excellent. Pizza sub and chocolate bar today should help me rebuild some of that glycogen and relax a little.

Back on a losing track again. After the over training I talked about before, I ended up going on vacation for a week and then came back and had an inter-club sparring night, to prepare for which I ate and trained at a higher level for. It has been about a month and a half.

The good news is that, it is almost winter, and I always lose weight in the winter.

It isn't really my weigh in day, but I decided to track it. 239.1

I'm going to reset my weight loss goal to 220. Once I'm there, I'll do another assessment.

All my weight loss started back in February or so. It is starting to wear on me more. Even gaining strength during weight loss plateaus doesn't really fix what feels like constant stress. Once I hit my goal, I'm going to make every effort to lead a healthy life and not have to do this again.

Just thought I'd put my lifting goals here to remind myself.

Press 130x5
Bench Press and Pendley Row 225x10
Dead Lift 275x10
Front Squat 210x5

Last edited:
This log is going to double as my workout log. I'll post diet and weight once a week, probably starting again this Sunday.

Today's Workout

Front Squat 5x5: 45, 65, 95, 135, 135
Bench Press 5x5: 135, 155, 185, Set of 2 at 205, Skip
Pendley Row 5x5: 135, 135, 155, 155, 155

I'm probably not going to post about assistance or posture exercises I'm also doing.

Found my 1RM Press today = 135

I'm sure my form could be better, but not bad for just getting back to it.

Back