New Deontay Wilder Interview

Draper

Bronze Bomber
@purple
Reaction score

• Says he fought Ortiz sick but didn't want to admit it pre-fight, is still sick
  • Says he was "buzzed" but not really hurt at the end of round 7, says there's a difference between being hurt and buzzed, had all faculties during the "whirlwind" he was in
  • Clowns Team Ortiz and haters for whining about the 10 seconds he got before round 8 started
  • Calls Jarrell Miller a male stalker and says he already whooped his ass in sparring ("we fed and clothed him like a baby and sent him to the airport")
  • Says he did well in New York without even being from there
  • Says fans should worry about trying to get the best fights, not the business aspects of the sport which they may not understand
and more

Last edited:
This guys personality reminds me of a cocky 8th grader.

Pretty good interview.

He was definitely hurt, but fighters dont really ever admit that.

He was hurt. That being said he has a chin, and I don't think the pop Ortiz had left in him in the 7th was huge.

He's still doing the 50/50 demands for the AJ fight with his attitude of fans should try for the fights that they want. How about admitting that you aren't the A side and take a little less money in what would still be your biggest pay day. I think he's just being greedy. If he beats AJ and he seems confident he will then he'll be the biggest draw then and he can call the shots. Until then he's just have to accept that if he wants the fight with AJ he's going to have to be a little less greedy and/or prideful.

Back