New Canadian Party!!!

• Thread starter Deleted member 457759
  • Start date
<Huh2>

There are newborns in America that are active in gang wars spraying bullets everywhere.

15yo jihadist gets fucked up in an ambush that killed a US soldier and gets over 10m. He shouldn't have anything and should have been grateful he was alive and released.

I just saw this and couldn't agree more:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/07/1...-khadr-ambush-says-payment-is-treasonous.html

Should Canada give this soldier 10 million?

<Prem973>

I just can't understand why people hate Trudeau and call him a traitor...

Or why many people do not like the progressive liberals...

Holy fuck are you stupid ,go spend 23 years in a federal prison for a crime you didn’t commit and see how you turn out. Omg don’t you ever stop eating your foot
Go spend 2 years in a Saudi torture chamber and see how it goes. LOL you're so bad at this. Just stop already.

Go spend 2 years in a Saudi torture chamber and see how it goes. LOL you're so bad at this. Just stop already.
I’m bad at this? One was innocent and one wasn’t. Once again you’re an idiot

Khadr got a $10.5 million settlement because his case was a slam dunk. The Supreme Court of Canada had already found that his rights had been violated in his earlier case against the federal government to try to get them to have the US hand him back over to Canadian authorities. Under the legal principle of res judicata the issue had already been decided. The federal government’s case to defend itself from his claim was simply untenable.

That left the issue of how much. The precedent had recently been set that a court could go as high as $10 million for wrongful imprisonments. While the guys that got that much in their cases served longer sentences than Khadr, there would have been extenuating circumstances in his case such as the fact that he was subjected to torture and that he was a minor at the time of his capture. Lastly, the Supreme Court told the federal government years before that they were obliged to bring him home before he even had is trial at Gitmo but the government declined to act, and he only got to come back to Canada after being convicted and serving several more years in Gitmo. All that adds up to a scenario where he also likely ends up with an 8 figure judgment.

The feds were in a no win situation with the Khadr case. Do they take him to trial knowing they’ll get taken to the wood shed, spend millions more in legal fees only to end up in the exact same place by having to still paying him $10 million, or risk the terrible optics of a settlement?

At this point anything is better than this pos at the helm

Khadr got a $10.5 million settlement because his case was a slam dunk. The Supreme Court of Canada had already found that his rights had been violated in his earlier case against the federal government to try to get them to have the US hand him back over to Canadian authorities. Under the legal principle of res judicata the issue had already been decided. The federal government’s case to defend itself from his claim was simply untenable.

That left the issue of how much. The precedent had recently been set that a court could go as high as $10 million for wrongful imprisonments. While the guys that got that much in their cases served longer sentences than Khadr, there would have been extenuating circumstances in his case such as the fact that he was subjected to torture and that he was a minor at the time of his capture. Lastly, the Supreme Court told the federal government years before that they were obliged to bring him home before he even had is trial at Gitmo but the government declined to act, and he only got to come back to Canada after being convicted and serving several more years in Gitmo. All that adds up to a scenario where he also likely ends up with an 8 figure judgment.

The feds were in a no win situation with the Khadr case. Do they take him to trial knowing they’ll get taken to the wood shed, spend millions more in legal fees only to end up in the exact same place by having to still paying him $10 million, or risk the terrible optics of a settlement?

You have a defeatist attitude. Trudeau should have died on that hill in effort to avoid the precedent of funding terrorism.

Kadri committed terrorism, he was an enemy combatant and should have been treated as such.

Trudeau was grand standing his bullshit about how Canadian this terrorist was.

His citizenship should have been revoked the second he left to become a terrorist.

You have a defeatist attitude. Trudeau should have died on that hill in effort to avoid the precedent of funding terrorism.

Kadri committed terrorism, he was an enemy combatant and should have been treated as such.

His citizenship should have been revoked the second he left to become a terrorist.
You sound like a Doug Ford fan. Respect for the rule of law? Fuck that shit because feels, hm?

Last edited:

I’m not looking at it from a defeatist attitude, I’m looking at it from a legal perspective because I’m a Canadian lawyer irl.

I’m not looking at it from a defeatist attitude, I’m looking at it from a legal perspective because I’m a Canadian lawyer irl.

Subject change, is it true that all lawyers in Canada now have to go through post modern indoctrination?

Subject change, is it true that all lawyers in Canada now have to go through post modern indoctrination?

No, only Ontario. And not so much be indoctrinated as just swear an oath that they’ll uphold post modern values.

No, only Ontario. And not so much be indoctrinated as just swear an oath that they’ll uphold post modern values.

Ok thanks I only heard a little bit of what Jordan Peterson said and I was under the impression it was nation wide.

Give it time....

How do you feel this will effect your industry? Will it deter conservative people? Will it make it more feminist heavy?

Ok thanks I only heard a little bit of what Jordan Peterson said and I was under the impression it was nation wide.

Give it time....

How do you feel this will effect your industry? Will it deter conservative people? Will it make it more feminist heavy?

I don’t think it will have much of an impact, but I can’t say for sure. I did my LLB at U of A. I had a friend who did his first year of law at Ottawa U, then he transferred to u of a for his last two years. He said at U of A they taught what the law was, while at Ottawa U they taught what they thought the law ought to be.

In my experience law school didn’t impact anyone’s attitudes. Those that started out as conservatives stayed conservative and those that were liberal stayed liberal. That being said, my time in law school certainly made me and many other people lean more libertarian. Some profs held up the values that the primary duty of lawyers is to protect the people from government overreach.

Why do you give two shits for this guy who killed a medic who was trying to help people...get bent you’re the clueless one. Where in the fuck do you even live that you care so much for Omar and his rights not to be tortured for info. And btw you should give up your citizenship rights and protection the second you fight for terrorist orgs.

Why do you give two shits for this guy who killed a medic who was trying to help people...get bent you’re the clueless one. Where in the fuck do you even live that you care so much for Omar and his rights not to be tortured for info. And btw you should give up your citizenship rights and protection the second you fight for terrorist orgs.
I don't give a shit about him. I give a shit about the rule of law. If you had any sense you would too. And I don't disagree with your last sentence. So run for office and change the law.

If it was up to me every penny paid to Kadr would come out of the accounts of Steven Harper and that smug prick from Nova Scotia (name escapes me, defense minister under Harper).

I don't give a shit about him. I give a shit about the rule of law. If you had any sense you would too.
Then you should care about the fact he wasn’t sent to jail for the rest of his life for terrorist actions. Instead he got a reward because he happens to have Canadian citizenship. I’m done arguing with you over this issue. And if you’re not Canadian stfu about it because it’s the USA that fucking tortured him to begin with.

Then you should care about the fact he wasn’t sent to jail for the rest of his life for terrorist actions. Instead he got a reward because he happens to have Canadian citizenship. I’m done arguing with you over this issue. And if you’re not Canadian stfu about it because it’s the USA that fucking tortured him to begin with.
Listen, son, it seems apparent from this conversation you're just filled with irrational hate
(for the PM, not Kadr) and there's nothing Canadian about that. And if you don't recognize from my location where I live, then absolutely, your assertion that you are Canadian is in some doubt. You might want to grow up a little before you address me again if you want to have a sensible conversation.

Listen, son, it seems apparent from this conversation you're just filled with irrational hate
(for the PM, not Kadr) and there's nothing Canadian about that. And if you don't recognize from my location where I live, then absolutely, your assertion that you are Canadian is in some doubt. You might want to grow up a little before you address me again if you want to have a sensible conversation.
Sorry pal but never looked at your location till you meantioned it really,I’ve never heard of garden of the gulf.I had to look it up and when I did your whole thought process made instant sense. But alas you want to just dance around the actual rule of law here and award Omar his money so be it. The guys a killer and being Canadian and fighting for Isis isn’t a get out of torture free card or the keys to Canada’s atm tax payer machine. On a different note most of the west would love to saw Canada off at the Ontario Quebec border. I hope I live to see it.

Back