New boxing gloves

Josh B

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I need new boxing gloves. Im looking for some with excellent knuckle protection that will last for a little while. I only have a budget of around 100 dollars (so no winnings). Do you guys have any suggestions.

If Death Adders, I would get the lace-ups. Heard not so good things about the hook and loops.

You should also check out Fairtex mexican style gloves and their pro fight gloves (BGL6, BGL7, and BGL9). Those are supposed to last forever.

Or spend a little extra and get a pair of Cleto Reyes training gloves that will also last forever.

I personally like gloves that have to be broken with much suffering. It's a veritable pain in the ass, but it does feel good to know that you earned that fit. Also, they tend to be more durable.

budget brands: hayabusa, venum, adidas, title, ringside.

and mexican style gloves are supposed to have less padding, so i dont think those are what OP is looking for.

I have a pair of IMF tech bag gloves. Great knuckle protection, can get them on sale right now I think for $50 and they probably will last 1-2 years with regular use. Foam is not the most durable.

budget brands: hayabusa, venum, adidas, title, ringside.

and mexican style gloves are supposed to have less padding, so i dont think those are what OP is looking for.
True.

Although, I find that Cletos Reyes's training gloves are actually relatively well padded—I think the 'puncher's glove' is more the fight glove than the training glove. That said, I do find that I have fewer knuckle problems with the denser foam gloves than the more 'protective' sort. I wonder if it is necessarily the case that more or softer padding means greater knuckle protection.

Top King gloves offer excellent padding on the knuckles. You can tell just by the sheer side of the gloves. I moved over to Top King for a while while I was training at a certain gym due in BKK due to the heavy bags at the gym being so hard from being kicked all day long. Also the wrist support of the Top King's is much better than most of the traditional style Thai made boxing gloves which I found also added to helping reducing sore knuckles as the gloves fit nice and snug.

Back