Never understood why Meathead left UFC , he was always one of the most exciting HW

did they lowball them or offer them what they're worth? We'll never know.

If someone else is paying more than you don't take the lowball offer. If Bellator is serious about competing for talent, that attitude will hurt the UFC in the long run.

People can say what they want about Bader and Davis for instance but those guys would still probably be ranked in the top 5 in the UFC and they let them both go. Bellator already has champions that could compete with the UFC's champs. I dont necessarily mean beat them but they can compete and in some cases may even win. The UFC's main advantage has always been depth.

If someone else is paying more than you don't take the lowball offer. If Bellator is serious about competing for talent, that attitude will hurt the UFC in the long run.

People can say what they want about Bader and Davis for instance but those guys would still probably be ranked in the top 5 in the UFC and they let them both go. Bellator already has champions that could compete with the UFC's champs. I dont necessarily mean beat them but they can compete and in some cases may even win. The UFC's main advantage has always been depth.
no it won't, because anybody the UFC wants to keep, they keep.

The guy could be great if .. well to me it seems as if he doesn't take it seriously nor trains like he should..

Mitrione had two major problems with the UFC.

He was not a well rounded fighter; aka; he could throw bombs, but never really get the skills to be anything more than being a gatekeeper.

He was limited by money.
The Reebok deal kicked the legs out from under fighters like Meathead. Even if they go into the cage throwing to the wind in all out brawls, they are ultimately losing money without substantial sponsorship.

He won't be a contender, he won't hold a belt, he won't be a PPV star. All he has is his willingness to fight tough competition. Unfortunately this is not enough to keep the UFC padding his pay. Without the incentive of good sponsorship, Bellator offers a respectable option to fight for.

Mitrione had two major problems with the UFC.

He was not a well rounded fighter; aka; he could throw bombs, but never really get the skills to be anything more than being a gatekeeper.

He was limited by money.
The Reebok deal kicked the legs out from under fighters like Meathead. Even if they go into the cage throwing to the wind in all out brawls, they are ultimately losing money without substantial sponsorship.

He won't be a contender, he won't hold a belt, he won't be a PPV star. All he has is his willingness to fight tough competition. Unfortunately this is not enough to keep the UFC padding his pay. Without the incentive of good sponsorship, Bellator offers a respectable option to fight for.

Maybe the UFC shouldn't tie all fighters to their official sponsored brand- mid-lower rung fighters aren't tied to Reebok and only the top contenders/champs have to deal with Reebok.

Because he is making twice as much because of sponsorships

Maybe the UFC shouldn't tie all fighters to their official sponsored brand- mid-lower rung fighters aren't tied to Reebok and only the top contenders/champs have to deal with Reebok.
Maybe they shouldn't? The Reebok deal has been very good for the UFC. It's only bad for the fighters. And the UFC doesn't seem to care about it's fighters, sadly.

Didn't Rory and Bendo end up getting fuck all from sponsors in Bellator?
I don't see how that's Bellators problem. If that did happen or not. It is your job to make yourself the most money possible you have to go out and never stop hustling . The funny thing is I know everybody makes fun of condom Depot if I recall correctly they were sponsoring people for like $15,000.

I swear I'm the only person I've seen that's been a meathead fan the whole time

I just like that he has fast footwork for a big guy and goes out to bang

Didn't Rory and Bendo end up getting fuck all from sponsors in Bellator?

Bendo did. Not sure on Rory.

Strangely enough Bader made a boatload of cash from sponsors tonight. So I think if a boring guy like Bader can get paid, Bendo or his agent just forgot the effort required to find sponsors beings they havent had to do it in years.

Last edited:
I swear I'm the only person I've seen that's been a meathead fan the whole time

I just like that he has fast footwork for a big guy and goes out to bang

I am no fan but think he is underrated. He would have defeated Brown without the brutal eyepokes and be competitive with quite some UFC HWs. He is one of these fighters who can upset a top10 fighter (outpointing Hunt f.e.) and you keep to have depth in your division.

Matt's been awesome since Rashad told us all
"His cheese done fell off his cracker"

Seems like a genuine person too

I am no fan but think he is underrated. He would have defeated Brown without the brutal eyepokes and be competitive with quite some UFC HWs. He is one of these fighters who can upset a top10 fighter (outpointing Hunt f.e.) and you keep to have depth in your division.

he got the short end of the stick against roy too. he was doing well until his mouthpiece got knocked out, he clearly got distracted by it like he expected the fight to be paused, when roy threw the ko combination

Bendo did. Not sure on Rory.

Strangely enough Bader made a boatload of cash from sponsors tonight. So I think if a boring guy like Bader can get paid, Bendo or his agent just forgot the effort required to fid sponsors beings they havent had to do it in years.

Doesn't Bader get most of his sponsorship money from American Ethanol which he has some sort of partnership or something?

Word is the Reebok deal kinda killed companies sponsoring MMA fighters everywhere

I don't see how that's Bellators problem. If that did happen or not. It is your job to make yourself the most money possible you have to go out and never stop hustling . The funny thing is I know everybody makes fun of condom Depot if I recall correctly they were sponsoring people for like $15,000.

I never said it was Bellators problem. But sponsors don't seem to want to pay guys in Bellator

no he didn't, he went to an organization that would PAY HIM higher, that doesn't make them a higher paying organization dummy.

Only time bellator pays hire, is when that fighter is worth something or has a name.

Not like this is WCW and Coker has viacoms check book at hand when he wants it.

Doesn't Bader get most of his sponsorship money from American Ethanol which he has some sort of partnership or something?

Word is the Reebok deal kinda killed companies sponsoring MMA fighters everywhere

Yep that is his main sponsor for sure. Just not sure how he had it over some guys who entered bellator while being more popular.

Contract disputes from what I understand. Matt wanted money to make up for sponsorship loss for not being able to have them, they said no. He left. Sunrise, sunset.

Back