never played Skyrim before | Page 2

Discussion in 'Video Game Forum' started by Daddy af, Jan 2, 2018.

1. tru3f4n Black Belt

tru3f4n
    I played both and olny got disappointed that the modded version of Skyrim on the PC I had back in '14 was better then Skyrim SE I got on PS4. So I got Skyrim SE off steam only to see it's different then the original on nexus mods and most the Japanese mods are gone.

2. Orgasmo Red Belt

Orgasmo
    Shut your whore mouth you punk ass ho

It was game of the year.

3. NRG Green Belt

NRG
    I played on the X360 and exploited the hell out of it, smithing, alchemy, level 100 in 3 seconds, etc. The result? I was bored to death after one-shotting everything.

Then the Special Edition was on sale last week and I bought it for the XOne, I'm playing it right now without cheating and having a hell of a time. I just don't know if I play with mods or not, because I want my achievements.

4. RTL NostraMMAus

RTL
    If you've already played "The Witcher 3", then I think you'll be disappointed with "Skyrim."

Bethesda RPGs unfortunately rely too heavily on fetch quests and cave exploration. The combat isn't great either. But the world design, story, and RPG experience are fantastic, so it's definitely worth playing (if you've got a couple hundred hours available).

BjPenn2017 likes this.
  5. TeTe Senior Moderator

TeTe
    Never played it when it was out on 360 but played when the remaster came out. Loved it. Logged about 250 hours on it.

Killswitch-on and Eazy123 like this.
  6. TeTe Senior Moderator

TeTe
    I disagree... now the story isn't stellar, just like a lot of other Bethesda games.. I'll give you that. But the map and gameplay is amazing. The bugs in Skyrim are awful though, mostly because a lot of them are game breaking... especially in Dragonborn.

Eazy123 likes this.
  7. The Diplomat Peace Among Worlds

The Diplomat
    The biggest problem with Bethesda has always been their non ability to create meaningful, memorable characters and dialogue. The lack of facial animation probably had a lot to do with this. Also, the fact that there are maybe 5 voice actors in a world of a few million :p

Black Isle, early Bioware and CDProjekt knew/know how to do this. In the original fallouts, witcher and early Dragon age/Mass Effect series, you get invested into these characters. They have legitimate humor and natural drama. The story branches, and your choices actually affect the world. You end up doing things that feel fresh and innovative.

In Skyrim, you have fun exploring the world and leveling up, but the actual characters and dialogue are soulless. The quests are just fetch quests, clear this cave, rinse and repeat.

It's an example of a puddle the size of an ocean. It can be very fun the first time around, but once you start understanding just how shallow everything really is, it isn't as fun anymore.

I just hope Bethesda invests in the character/animation/writing side in their next TES game. Fallout 4 wasn't much better...

Swing, Rebound59, Mike and 5 others like this.
  8. BjPenn2017 Brown Belt

BjPenn2017
    Then you're not really missing much. Witcher 3 is like a 3rd person Skyrim but better in every single aspect.

RTL and Daddy af like this.
  9. Daddy af Yellow Belt

Daddy af
    damn I should really replay Witcher sometime

BjPenn2017 likes this.
  10. BjPenn2017 Brown Belt

BjPenn2017
    Amazing game, I'm actually playing thru it again right now before MH comes out at the end of the month. Trying an alchemy style build, having lots of fun.

Skyrim, obviously I can understand why people find it fun. Myself, I found all the characters bland, quests were largely boring fetch quests, and lots of the dungeons were copy and paste kind of things. I put about 40 hours into Skyrim, and I found by that point everything was repetitive, and like another poster said, the perfect word for the game was "soulless". Witcher 3 the world seems so alive, the scale of the towns and cities are amazing, and almost every little village you find has a story to tell, same with every cave. I didn't find this the case with Skyrim, everything was just so bland.

The Diplomat likes this.
  11. tru3f4n Black Belt

tru3f4n
    I found a cave in Witcher 3 that I refused to go in due to a white rabbit being outside of it next to some skeletons.

SaiWa and BjPenn2017 like this.
  12. BjPenn2017 Brown Belt

BjPenn2017
    HAHAHAHAHA wtf! That vid was hilarious. Guess I wouldn't have gone near that cave either. Lmao

13. BjPenn2017 Brown Belt

BjPenn2017
    I wouldn't say there shitty... just very average, and take little risks. Fallout 4 was underwhelming for myself to say the least. I was expecting better character interactions, more branching stories and just overall better gameplay.

What we got was basically an FPS with vats that you can build shit in. Didn't really add anything to the fallout experience for me, or hype me up for any future releases from Bethesda that's for damn sure.

Mike likes this.
  14. Quipling Black Belt

Quipling
    The most fun I've had with Skyrim is when I intentionally set out to roleplay. Like, I'm going to be an Orsimmer Warrior-Smith and do the sort of things that kind of fellow would do.

Otherwise it just devolves into stealthy the mage-archer headshots and kites everyone to death.

Rebound59 and Hyperglide like this.
  15. UFC=Pride Brown Belt

UFC=Pride
    I've played tons of skyrim on Xbox 360 and again on ps4 great game mods make it even better

16. Hatestorm P4P Hottest Smelling AV

Hatestorm
    Be wary of Khajit. Khajit will lead you astray.

17. rocketskates Black Belt

rocketskates
    It consumed me when it was first released in 2011. Bought the re-release for nostalgia purposes and got sucked in again. It's an amazing game imo. You don't even feel like you're playing a game, but a part of another world.

Mike likes this.
  18. Eazy123 Brown Belt

Eazy123
    If you don't count mods and all that shit Skyrim still has Witcher 3 (still a stellar game) beat on quest numbers. Between PS3 and Xbone and now Switch I still come across quests I never saw before. And that's after 200 hours total.

TeTe likes this.
  19. frenzy beard enthusiast

frenzy
    i always think im a pretty miserable person & then i see posts like this

TeTe, Fraz, Rebound59 and 1 other person like this.
  20. sgt jumpy Talk to the Hand

sgt jumpy
    If you have a decent PC you can run Skyrim on ultra with tons of mods. And also get the game and all DLC for like $10 on sale.
    I do recommend playing through vanilla unmodded first

Pickle Rick likes this.