Never got around to posting one of these...

one.armed.jack

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
...But I figured if there was ever a time, this is it. Got my black belt from John Danaher and Renzo, the other night. Started in Chicago under Carlson, right before his death; been rattling around NYC for a bit shy of eleven years.

Things were crazy, so I didn't get around to getting a photo with John -- which is unfortunate because he was actually wearing gi pants ;) I'll have to grab one this week, at some point.

Anyway -- first and likely last time to post a rank promotion, but hey -- this one seemed worth it!

Nice work.

Couldn't ask for better people to get a BB from. Congrats.

congrats!

do you train with the dds boys?

eI3hmeT.png

Congratulations Fella!

When you get a picture, fill in the blanks for us! How long were you at Carlsons, who gave you your previous belts, are you a competition whore/mat rat 23 year old (obviously not, given the 11 years in NY) or a family man that juggles a job/kids/wife.

Many injuries? Competitions? Local/regional/national/international? Do you teach at all? What you gonna do with your black belt?

...But I figured if there was ever a time, this is it. Got my black belt from John Danaher and Renzo, the other night. Started in Chicago under Carlson, right before his death; been rattling around NYC for a bit shy of eleven years.

Things were crazy, so I didn't get around to getting a photo with John -- which is unfortunate because he was actually wearing gi pants ;) I'll have to grab one this week, at some point.

Anyway -- first and likely last time to post a rank promotion, but hey -- this one seemed worth it!

Back