Nevada commission approves lighter glove size for Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor

Mma uses 3oz gloves and look how that's grown. Knockouts are part of the deal in combat sports.

Quit trying to cater to 'Outsiders' grandma

4 oz, bud.

It also struggled for 20 years to get traction because of public push back. What matters is that my point is valid and that you fail to see it. Did I once say that KO's don't happen or that they are unavoidable, or even that they are bad? No. You are including a subtext that does not exist because you are a poor reader.

Keep being wrong about a wirter's intent though. That'll get you far in life.

4 oz, bud.

It also struggled for 20 years to get traction because of public push back. What matters is that my point is valid and that you fail to see it. Did I once say that KO's don't happen or that they are unavoidable, or even that they are bad? No. You are including a subtext that does not exist because you are a poor reader.

Keep being wrong about a wirter's intent though. That'll get you far in life.
Mma had naysayers but it grew in spite of that because enough people wanted to watch it. You won't please them until both athletes are wearing full body armor and all risk has been mitigated, leaving you with a less spectacular sport.

Keep up the wirting, bud.

Mma uses 4oz gloves and look how that's grown. Knockouts are part of the deal in combat sports.

Is that really what you gleaned from his post? Or did you get a headache after reading two lines and decided to fixate on the glove size?

Is that really what you gleaned from his post? Or did you get a headache after reading two lines and decided to fixate on the glove size?
Lol , you joining in too? Sunfish, minow, deuce, and jay.. the 4 stooges
4Stooges_HoldThatLion.jpg

Mma had naysayers but it grew in spite of that because enough people wanted to watch it. You won't please them until both athletes are wearing full body armor and all risk has been mitigated, leaving you with a less spectacular sport.

Keep up the wirting, bud.

Wow. Not only do you fail to understand simple text, you keep trying to copy me with a final, separate sentence. You are arguing about nothing.

Just stop writing, go back, re-read, and quiet yourself. You've brought this whole thread dangerously close to being transferred to the wasteland.

Posters like this guy are the worst thing about the leadup to any kind of big fight on this forum.

honestly, I hope we get a double knockout

Wow. Not only do you fail to understand simple text, you keep trying to copy me with a final, separate sentence. You are arguing about nothing.

Just stop writing, go back, re-read, and quiet yourself. You've brought this whole thread dangerously close to being transferred to the wasteland.
I understand your argument and now you're on the rag because I refuted it. Settle down granny, time for your nap.

It's a fair point. The privatization of the NSAC raises a lot of fairly big issues (not that these issues didn't still exist when it was an actual government organization, but privatization only exacerbates them). We've now seen without a shadow of a doubt that they will sanction essentially any kind of mismatch as long as the money is right. Is that morally questionable? Yes. Does it largely defeat the purpose of having ACs to begin with? To a point, but at the same time it's wholly expected under the circumstances. When it comes down to it, the reality of combat sports is that significant brain damage on a fairly widespread scale is unavoidable. It can be mitigated (proper oversight being a significant part of this) with better practices from a variety of parties, but only to a certain extent. So this is bad, but even in ideal circumstances, people are going to be permanently injured or worse in sports like boxing, MMA, football, etc.
I agree completely with regards to privatization, and how that's made these kind of money-grab decisions a more likely occurence. I'm sure that the NSAC believe that 8oz gloves carry greater risk to the health of the fighters than 10oz gloves and they've opted to value cash over their ethics.

I'm not personally sure though that 8oz gloves do in fact carry greater risk to the health of the fighters, outside the health of their hands, as sustained beatings and wars are often what cause permanent damage, and smaller gloves might instead facilitate a quicker stoppage.

I agree completely with regards to privatization, and how that's made these kind of money-grab decisions a more likely occurence. I'm sure that the NSAC believe that 8oz gloves carry greater risk to the health of the fighters than 10oz gloves and they've opted to value cash over their ethics.

I'm not personally sure though that 8oz gloves do in fact carry greater risk to the health of the fighters, outside the health of their hands, as sustained beatings and wars are often what cause permanent damage, and smaller gloves might instead facilitate a quicker stoppage.

Yeah, it's hard to say without some kind of extensive study which, at least to my knowledge, hasn't been done, but I'd assume the overall affect is likely negligible. Maybe they allow Floyd's hands to be a bit faster which could be judged as increasing the danger for McGregor, but, overall, the bigger issue is the fact they even sanctioned the event in the first place (not to mention the various other conflicts of interest inherent to AC privatization).

I understand your argument and now you're on the rag because I refuted it. Settle down granny, time for your nap.

Good. You read words, and yet you still think I am hung up, personally on something. I'm not, I was making a valid observation. Read better.

If you really like grannies on rags that much you could probably find a different forum for that kind of fetish.

Also, you finally dropped copying the separate, parting sentence bit, thanks!

I didn't realize the Nevada commission was privatized.

So, when Conor's next of kin sue for damages, who pays the settlement? The employees of the commission, the commission's insurance company, or the taxpayers of Nevada?

Can people fuck off with brand new Conor mcgregor threads when there's a forum and a sticky at the top of this forum. I don't need to hear what size the gloves will be 10 times.

Take a chill pill you grumpy old man

Not saying Floyd will kill McGregor but mismatches made by greedy commissions and promoters is one of the reasons guys die in the ring. If you think about it, having a guy with 0 professional fights fight not just a world champion but the best boxer in the recent history could be seen as morally reprehensible.

Take a chill pill you grumpy old man
Take a chill pill? Since when do people still say that? If 82 is the year you're born you're considerably older than me and probably say you're down with the kids.

Not saying Floyd will kill McGregor but mismatches made by greedy commissions and promoters is one of the reasons guys die in the ring. If you think about it, having a guy with 0 professional fights fight not just a world champion but the best boxer in the recent history could be seen as morally reprehensible.
it is you're right, something not many people are even thinking of in all the excitement, we just had an mma guy die in the ring, ya, the odds are small but they are there.

Linkless again.
Lol' why do I need to post a link you fricking idiot, is just a simple comment of the Comision allowing the size of the gloves. You sir are a huge moron, please stay away on what I post. Christ, this guy has to be retarded

Good. You read words, and yet you still think I am hung up, personally on something. I'm not, I was making a valid observation. Read better.

If you really like grannies on rags that much you could probably find a different forum for that kind of fetish.

Also, you finally dropped copying the separate, parting sentence bit, thanks!
Why don't you learn to write better and use proper grammar?

Back