Netherlands-Muay thai or kickboxing?

Dudko

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
So it's in Netherlands more common muay thai or kickboxing training? Someone call it muay thai someone kickboxing so how is it? I think it's more kickboxing oriented because they mainly compete under kickboxing rules. And what gyms are can be considered muay thai and what kickboxing? I know for Mike's gym they said they train for K1/Glory rules.

Last edited:
Xena/Chakuriki and Vos gym are maybe like a hybrid?

It's kickboxing and most of the fights are under K-1 rules.

However up until 2005/6/7 all of the fights were under modified muay thai rules. Clinching, sweeping, throwing, kneeing, etc. but without elbows.

It's kickboxing and most of the fights are under K-1 rules.

However up until 2005/6/7 all of the fights were under modified muay thai rules. Clinching, sweeping, throwing, kneeing, etc. but without elbows.
So they in most cases modified training (without elbows, not full clinch...) right?

And do Netherlands have true muay thai gyms? I mean like in Thailand or when you go for muay thai it's always combinations oriented with low kicks?

And do Netherlands have true muay thai gyms? I mean like in Thailand or when you go for muay thai it's always combinations oriented with low kicks?

Yes there is 1 pure MT gym in Utrecht and 1 in Rotterdam that i am sure of.

Don't ask me about the quality though, never been there, nor do i know anybody that trains there

Last edited:
Back