Television ALTERED CARBON (Renewed for Season 2 with New Star Anthony Mackie)

@Zer @thebluerider What are your thoughts on this. I know you read it and loved it, @Zer. I'd bet money that @thebluerider read it, too.
Did it meet your expectations? it seemed obvious to me that the source material must have been exponentially better.

I haven't seen it yet bro. After hearing opinion on it I'm a little reluctant

The book is a classic though. I'd be surprised if the show lived up to it

Liked it a lot. Had a Battlestar Galactica feel to it, for me. I'm unfamiliar w the book so I was surprised by the frankness of the sex and violence.

Started it last night on episode 2. Seems pretty good so far but I can see how annoying the cop is going to be already. Way to generic of a character. The tough cop who is letting her emotions get the best of her and she can fight and beat up men too. Did anyone at Netflix say can we change this up because this is the same cop from almost any of our tv shows.

We never sassy Buta as a cop though. I like that fresh take on the futuristic noir cop.

I haven't seen it yet bro. After hearing opinion on it I'm a little reluctant

The book is a classic though. I'd be surprised if the show lived up to it
I'm kind of bummed I didn't read the book. I feel like the pretty much spoiled all the twists.

the Spanish chick had a good body but good Lord people, she is not hot. she is the very definition of a butter face. one that has had a lot of work done. she looks like the Hispanic Priscilla Presley after surgery and in no way is that good.

Yeah, she's alright, but nothing special. The chick in the very first scene was much better.

Eh... I tried to get into this show... loved the first episode, but after that, besides a couple interesting moments with characters (Lizzie and the AI hotel manager were my favorites)... it just fell flat and was all convoluted, like, I didn't even know what was going on episode to episode. The story was all over the place, didn't have continuity, the characters weren't that real, too much nudity for no reason, action looked dumb --- just not that good, TBH.

Interesting world, poor execution on everything else.

the book and show are quite different. The biggest difference is relationship between Falconer, and Kovacs, and Kovacs back story. Kovacs backstory is less specific, and tragic.

Checked out the first episode. Not bad, but something's missing. Can't place my finger on it, but I don't think it did a job at explaining how it's universe works. I also thought it was a little silly how fast the main character adapted to his surroundings after being "dead" for 250 fuckin' years. After 250 years of human and technological evolution, they just give you five minute seminar on how the world works, and you're good to go? Okaaaayyy...

Only one episode in though, and other than some nitpicky shit like that, it was watchable. Good action, great special effects, decent enough kickoff to the story. The performances are a little flat so far, but nothing too distracting. Will continue watching.

Checked out the first episode. Not bad, but something's missing. Can't place my finger on it, but I don't think it did a job at explaining how it's universe works. I also thought it was a little silly how fast the main character adapted to his surroundings after being "dead" for 250 fuckin' years. After 250 years of human and technological evolution, they just give you five minute seminar on how the world works, and you're good to go? Okaaaayyy...

Only one episode in though, and other than some nitpicky shit like that, it was watchable. Good action, great special effects, decent enough kickoff to the story. The performances are a little flat so far, but nothing too distracting. Will continue watching.

Exactly how I felt and I also thought it was ridiculous how quickly he adapted after 250 years.

The tech didn't seem like it advanced at all TBH

He has been resleeved many times before so its not really anything new for him

The Tech didn't seem like it advanced at all TBH

He has been resleeved many times before so its not really anything new for him

I don't know. Maybe there's a swerve coming, and the time isn't as ridiculously long as they're saying. Like you said, it didn't seem like much evolved for being 250 years later, in a technological age that would evolve at an insane pace. In all that time, it seems like they built some tube trains in the sky, and that's about it. Even the re-sleeving process itself would evolve, you would think, but they're still doing the same old shit with those chips?

I'm also a little lost as to why this guy is so special. It reminds of Demolition Man a bit, but it's missing the very simple reasoning as to why this guy is needed. Maybe I just wasn't paying close enough attention though. The show was kind of lulling me along with it's stilted dialogue and bland characters, so it's possible I could've missed a few details.

Perhaps I should watch the rest of the series though, before getting too critical.

Just watched the first episode so far I'm not excited hope it gets better

After watching the show, I wish I had read the book first as I can tell with out even reading it that the show didn't do it justice.

Still worth a watch.

Just watched the first episode so far I'm not excited hope it gets better

The first episode was the best so if you didn't like it I recommend not to bother watching the rest.

Back