Television ALTERED CARBON (Renewed for Season 2 with New Star Anthony Mackie)

I don't like the sound of Kinnamon as Kovacs but I've only ever seen the dude in Suicide Squad so I gotta give him a chance.

Your Kinnaman game is weak.

You never saw him in The Killing? The Robocop remake? House of Cards?

You gotta get with the times, bruh.

Looks interesting, I'll give it a shot.

Was that Trent Reznor I heard in the soundtrack?

I think I would be more excited if it wasn't on Netflix

Might have to drop this honestly. To many normies are going to start talking about it

The book is incredible. Probably the GOAT cyberpunk book tbh. I'll finally sign up for Netflix once this drops

I love the series too (as well as market forces) but in my opinion the best cyberpunk is william Gibson’s sprawl trilogy Snow crash was pretty damn good too. Though I completely understand how we could differ on this.

I hope this does extremely well to help pave the way for more good sci fit on tv (a high budget ring world would be amazing) and in the movies.

I love the series too (as well as market forces) but in my opinion the best cyberpunk is william Gibson’s sprawl trilogy Snow crash was pretty damn good too. Though I completely understand how we could differ on this.

I hope this does extremely well to help pave the way for more good sci fit on tv (a high budget ring world would be amazing) and in the movies.

Cyberpunk is owned by Shadowrun.

Would give right nut for Shadowrun series.

Cyberpunk is owned by Shadowrun.

Would give right nut for Shadowrun series.

I played shadowrun when I was a kid but never read any of the books. Gibson’s Neuromancer came out 5 years before the first shadowrun game it it was quite apparent that it was heavily based off his work. Shadowrun is basically Neuromancer plus magic and other races.

Update: January 31, 2018

New ALTERED CARBON Featurette Looks at the History of Immortality

I tried reading the book and it was really bad. Subject matter and environment look really cool though. Definitely looking forward to the show.

Update: February 1, 2018

The Hollywood Reporter's Review of Altered Carbon

Bottom Line: Sci-Fi gold. Ambitous, dense and thrilling, Netflix's new sci-fi epic starring Joel Kinnaman, James Purefoy and Martha Higareda is a binge-worthy potential blockbuster.

If HBO's Game of Thrones was the gold standard of budget, world-building source material and unfettered vision, then the channel's own pricey, stylistic venture, Westworld, was the next iteration .

Altered Carbon is very clearly Netflix's colossus. Based on Richard K. Morgan's 2002 cyberpunk sci-fi novel of the same name, Altered Carbon is a complicated, intriguing, ultraviolent, sex-filled and compelling blast, a visual delight that periodically gets tripped up with its writing but never enough to detour the experience.

Altered Carbon is flawed, but it's also fantastic. This is binge-ready sci-fi for the masses.

Update: February 1, 2018

The Hollywood Reporter's Review of Altered Carbon

Bottom Line: Sci-Fi gold. Ambitous, dense and thrilling, Netflix's new sci-fi epic starring Joel Kinnaman, James Purefoy and Martha Higareda is a binge-worthy potential blockbuster.

If HBO's Game of Thrones was the gold standard of budget, world-building source material and unfettered vision, then the channel's own pricey, stylistic venture, Westworld, was the next iteration .

Altered Carbon is very clearly Netflix's colossus. Based on Richard K. Morgan's 2002 cyberpunk sci-fi novel of the same name, Altered Carbon is a complicated, intriguing, ultraviolent, sex-filled and compelling blast, a visual delight that periodically gets tripped up with its writing but never enough to detour the experience.

Altered Carbon is flawed, but it's also fantastic. This is binge-ready sci-fi for the masses.

Interesting to contrast that review with the current RT score of 62%.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back