Netflix's New Sci-Fi Series ALTERED CARBON (Premeires Feb. 2, 2018)

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Dragonlordxxxxx, Dec 4, 2017.

1. closequarters

closequarters Purple Belt

This is another example of why I stopped watching trailers and reading reviews before I watch something. At most, I’ll glance at an IMDB or RT score just to make sure at least some people thought it was worth watching.

I didn’t know Altered Carbon was based on a popular book series, it had a huge budget, and was presented as one of Netflix’s next flagship shows. I had zero expectations and was ready to turn it off if it bored me.

I was into it from the get go. The pace is great. I thought the acting was serviceable. The storyline was the best thing about the show. The sex and violence was a bonus. Could have used less dong though. The flashback scenes were pure cheese but since I was expecting low quality, it didn’t bother me much. I enjoyed this quite a bit.

Ortega had an alright face, but that body is bangin.

2. Omegaboy13

Omegaboy13 Sweepin' Your Leg

I really enjoyed the first season. Episodes 6-9 are pretty odd and just jump around to stuff that doesn’t really seem to matter. Hoping they do a few more seasons and get back on track.

Tankeray likes this.
  3. MadSquabbles500

MadSquabbles500 Gold Belt

I wish all the girls at the Hong Kong club had Ortega's body. Her face, I can accept too. She is like the hawt mexican who works the counter at that place you shop at.

Tankeray likes this.
  4. JinKazama

JinKazama Red Belt

looking up, as my redemption draweth nigh ...
    i liked it and thought joel kinnaman was a good fit

theyd probably need new actors for any new seasons so it would be interesting to see where they go with it

Tankeray likes this.