Netflix gets walloped. Stock down 15%

The joel mchale show is the only recent netflix original content ive liked a lot recently

I can't believe Netflix's stock didn't get hammered on news of the FCC's dropping Net Nuetrality. If the ISPs are gonna try and double dip anybody its Netflix.

They aren't growing enough. Hence 25 billion in market cap erased today when earnings were released. It was significantly below expectations.

“Investors are devastated by Netflix’s Q2 projection that went down in dramatic flames. Now future projections are suspect and that decimates valuation,” said Eric Schiffer, chief executive officer of private equity firm Patriarch.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...subscriber-numbers-miss-targets-idUSKBN1K62MM
As long as you realize that investor expectations =/= the health of the company.

I and others can think Disney will triple their market cap over the next couple of years and pay up now on that gamble and force the stock price up based on that, and if the company doubles the stock will eventually come down. It doubling is neither negative nor a sign of any ill health. Just a measure that investors might need to reset expectations.

Netflix is amongst the most successful companies of the last 20 years causing significant disruption and there is no signs of that abating.

People are turning away from Netflix in droves to subscribe to UFC Fightpass

I will say the Netflix movies aren’t disappointing.

I’m waiting for a big name director to do something on the service

Their Marvel series has been super hot or miss, they lost House of Cards due to Kevin Spacey and they only have a handful of other semi successful series.

Their movies have been absolutely shit tier for the most part. While I enjoyed Bright, it got shot on by reviewers.

Most the other ones I have seen have been crap. Wheelman sucked, TAU was absolute garbage despite having Gary Oldman and their latest with Forest Whittaker called How it Ends was absolutely just phoned in by all involved.

They need to up their game seriously or they will continue to lose out.
i dont know if he did somethign else

but originally he kissed a guy at a party 35 years ago who happened to be under age. Its crazy as hell that kissing a dude 35 years ago who is at a party with alcohol and drugs can ruin your career.

Dude do you know what a figure of speech is.

I can most certainly name good shows.

Stranger things
Daredevil
Like cage
Punisher
Ozark
Altered carbon
The crown
Glow
Dark

I mean the list is endless really
now go to the search function and go to original shows and look at all the extra bullshit they have on there. its like a 5 shitty show to 1 good one ratio.

Dude do you know what a figure of speech is.

I can most certainly name good shows.

Stranger things
Daredevil
Like cage
Punisher
Ozark
Altered carbon
The crown
Glow
Dark

I mean the list is endless really
plus when disney does its service, all the marvel movies go away. its not a huge deal but it a deal.

id have sold my stock the second they signed some shit deal with Adam Sandler for his shit movies

When we mock a companies success simply because they do not live up to their own super hyper growth focus and instead just get amazing growth...

"Netflix shares have surged more than 100 percent since the beginning of the year, boosting the company's market cap (around $174 billion on Monday) to above that of entertainment and media giant Disney ($164 billion). "

Exactly. "Up 100% this year". I hate those 6month returns of 100%.

When we mock a companies success simply because they do not live up to their own super hyper growth focus and instead just get amazing growth...

"Netflix shares have surged more than 100 percent since the beginning of the year, boosting the company's market cap (around $174 billion on Monday) to above that of entertainment and media giant Disney ($164 billion). "
Netflix is dying

Carmuh for Blockbuster
<mma1>

I found Netflix to be boring. I stopped watching them around a year ago.

I do wonder whether were currently in the position where "content" has become a bit of a fad, basically an obsession with having a large amount of stuff to watch for its own sake.

Oh I'd agree the stock price is overblown but there's people in this thread worried that Netflix is about to go out of business.

Even if it does, it wont matter unless you own and bought the shares too late it is life cycle.

Any content Netflix has that is worth watching will be sold off, and continued somewhere else.

No surprise. I'm sure they'll still do fine overall, but increased competition is a thing. Add other common business variables and here we are.

I got Netflix years ago, when it first came out. I decided to cut the cable at the time (still cableless), and thought I'd give it a go. It lasted 6 months. It was ok, but I found the selection wasn't the greatest and they were slow to get new content. In the end I dropped them because I could find whatever I want to watch online, right now...and free.

The free part is cool, but really its just the convenience of not waiting around that I love the most.

I love it. I not only watch a ton of original content....Stranger Things, The Rain, Love, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Dark, Master of None, Big Mouth etc but it’s where I binge on The Flash, Arrow, Supernatural, Colony, Sherlock, The Fall etc I also catch some cool Anime which I never was a fan of, as well as a nice collection of horror. The issue is movies....There needs to be a better choice of new releases vs poor quality originals.

Netflix is still hands down the best bang for my buck in delivering watchable stuff. HBO has better quality stuff, but not as many series that I care to watch and is more expensive. Between those two, I have more things than I could possibly watch.

I also have Amazon Prime, but I don't use it for the TV much. Although that'll change once The Expanse hits it, that's still only one show I'm interested in.

Once Disney streaming hits, I might have to reevaluate which streaming services I'll use, but I don't realistically see myself ditching Netflix any time soon.

I don't have Hulu, and the only exclusive content there that seems to move the needle is The Handmaid's Tale.

Netflix's movies need some improvement but their service is more than worth it for their TV shows (which I tend to prefer over movies anyway). They probably also need to streamline their shows a bit, they've got a ton of stuff coming through I've never even heard of. But, that's just the growing and learning they're still doing. It's still an incredible value for me.

You couldnt off the top of your head. I couldnt. I could name HBO ones though. Netflix has so many. They pick up all misfit shows that other networks dropped too. Focus is about saying no. To many good ideas. You have to say no. Netflix cannot do that and it is killing them. I made this same thread about Tesla and said the same thing will happen to Netflix.

You really are the master of emotion based hyperbole, aren't you?

Whether its your most loved or hated MMA fighter or this topic the only thing that matters to you is your like or dislike and once that is established no logic will get in the way of what you say.

You really do argue like most females where it is all emoting at the expense of logic or the underlying argument.

No NOTHING is killing Netflix. They are killing it.

Netflix has surpassed Disney, yes DIsney and is amongst the worlds biggest companies so again nothing is killing them.

I have never heard of most of those shows. Netflix shows are a dime a dozen.

Look man, they lost 25 billion in equity today. The thing is in trouble. lol. That hurts a company. Even with this Emmy Award smokescreen. Nobody is buying.
lol you are so very dumb.

Exactly. "Up 100% this year". I hate those 6month returns of 100%.
Well, I and others investors bet it would be up 200% in that time and now the stock needs to come down to match the reality of the growth versus our expectations.

It did not our gamble on its growth therefore Netflix is dyyyyyyying!!!!

lol.

Back