Netflix gets walloped. Stock down 15%

JonesBones

Excuse my contraflow
@Steel
Reaction score
I have been saying these fuckers lost focus. Steve Jobs wins again. Drowning people with content is not the answer. Amazon is closing in. Disney. AT and T. Comcast. Even fuckin Apple TV signed Oprah. They are not letting Netflix own that space anymore. I said Netflix was the next AOL.

The streaming giant added 5.15 million subscribers during the period, far fewer than the 6.2 million it had forecast in April.
Netflix shares on Monday dropped significantly after the company reported slower-than-expected subscriber growth.

The streaming giant, which has seen user growth slow in the U.S. as it nears market saturation, had been counting on its global push to help it continue to grow at a rapid clip. But Netflix's international user growth disappointed on Monday when it reported its second-quarter earnings results.

Netflix shares have surged more than 100 percent since the beginning of the year, boosting the company's market cap (around $174 billion on Monday) to above that of entertainment and media giant Disney ($164 billion). The companies are poised to duke it out for streaming audiences next year after Disney launches its planned family-friendly streaming service. But Hastings also called out the consolidation in media — including the recently closed AT&T-Time Warner deal and the pending Fox sale — as creating more competition for the streamer, too. "Our strategy is to simply keep improving, as we've been doing every year in the past," he noted.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/netflix-stock-plummets-weak-subscriber-growth-1127434

Pretty sure they’ll be fine. I am about to mollywhop my wife’s cousin who has been using our account without permission, however.

They should purchase Blockbuster Video and setup distribution centers in every town

Pretty sure they’ll be fine. I am about to mollywhop my wife’s cousin who has been using our account without permission, however.
Just have them give you some money for the amount of time they used it.

Been watching Wormwood.

Pretty good so far.

Their Marvel series has been super hot or miss, they lost House of Cards due to Kevin Spacey and they only have a handful of other semi successful series.

Their movies have been absolutely shit tier for the most part. While I enjoyed Bright, it got shot on by reviewers.

Most the other ones I have seen have been crap. Wheelman sucked, TAU was absolute garbage despite having Gary Oldman and their latest with Forest Whittaker called How it Ends was absolutely just phoned in by all involved.

They need to up their game seriously or they will continue to lose out.

Everyone of those streaming sites listed in the OP Fucking blow compared to Netflix

But Amazon Prime...!

Stranger Things alone brings buzz. They need better movies, but otherwise they own the market.

Cousin sounds poor...

When we mock a companies success simply because they do not live up to their own super hyper growth focus and instead just get amazing growth...

"Netflix shares have surged more than 100 percent since the beginning of the year, boosting the company's market cap (around $174 billion on Monday) to above that of entertainment and media giant Disney ($164 billion). "

Their Marvel series has been super hot or miss, they lost House of Cards due to Kevin Spacey and they only have a handful of other semi successful series.

Their movies have been absolutely shit tier for the most part. While I enjoyed Bright, it got shot on by reviewers.

Most the other ones I have seen have been crap. Wheelman sucked, TAU was absolute garbage despite having Gary Oldman and their latest with Forest Whittaker called How it Ends was absolutely just phoned in by all involved.

They need to up their game seriously or they will continue to lose out.

Mute (was that the title..?) was cool, if you're into the dystopian future stuff.

Ritual was a really good horror film.

As for their series, I think Stranger Things alone probably pulled in a huge new wave of subscriptions.

Netflix just seems insanely overvalued to me. Their market cap right now is actually 10 billion more than Comcast. Comcast, who owns half(?) Of NBC/Universal, and an NHL team and is the largest cable provider in america.

Mute (was that the title..?) was cool, if you're into the dystopian future stuff.

Ritual was a really good horror film.

As for their series, I think Stranger Things alone probably pulled in a huge new wave of subscriptions.

Netflix just seems insanely overvalued to me. Their market cap right now is actually 10 billion more than Comcast. Comcast, who owns half(?) Of NBC/Universal, and an NHL team and is the largest cable provider in america.
Ritual was good, Mute is on my list to watch.

Stranger Things is good but season two was a big step down from 1. Altered Carbon was great.

burning money on mediocre content, do they want to compete with Disney and others on content or be a streaming service? I'd rather watch high quality movies than straight-to-Netflix crap (which would go formerly straight-to-DVD)

the occasional original TV series is good but enough with burning billions on shitty content and then pushing it on me, I dont want to watch this mediocre shit..Godless was good but its like only 10% of their shit is worth watching, spend money on getting good shows

I have been saying these fuckers lost focus. Steve Jobs wins again. Drowning people with content is not the answer. Amazon is closing in. Disney. AT and T. Comcast. Even fuckin Apple TV signed Oprah. They are not letting Netflix own that space anymore. I said Netflix was the next AOL.

The streaming giant added 5.15 million subscribers during the period, far fewer than the 6.2 million it had forecast in April.
Netflix shares on Monday dropped significantly after the company reported slower-than-expected subscriber growth.

The streaming giant, which has seen user growth slow in the U.S. as it nears market saturation, had been counting on its global push to help it continue to grow at a rapid clip. But Netflix's international user growth disappointed on Monday when it reported its second-quarter earnings results.

Netflix shares have surged more than 100 percent since the beginning of the year, boosting the company's market cap (around $174 billion on Monday) to above that of entertainment and media giant Disney ($164 billion). The companies are poised to duke it out for streaming audiences next year after Disney launches its planned family-friendly streaming service. But Hastings also called out the consolidation in media — including the recently closed AT&T-Time Warner deal and the pending Fox sale — as creating more competition for the streamer, too. "Our strategy is to simply keep improving, as we've been doing every year in the past," he noted.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/netflix-stock-plummets-weak-subscriber-growth-1127434

I also think Hulu is better than Netflix. Basic Hulu is cheaper than Netflix, and with Hulu you have the option to add on live tv, HBO, or other things.

Have you seen this? It's great.

Saw that one too. It's so weird they put out stuff that is damn good but they also put out a ton of straight garbage.

I enjoy Netflix a lot and don't want to see them go under so I hope they adapt and continue making good stuff.

Saw that one too. It's so weird they put out stuff that is damn good but they also put out a ton of straight garbage.

I enjoy Netflix a lot and don't want to see them go under so I hope they adapt and continue making good stuff.

I saw This is How it Ends. I didn't like it.

The reason I mention it is that it was a hair from being pretty good. It had some elements I really liked, it had some good performances, some scenes were pretty tense.

But you're right, for the most part they phoned it in. Parts of it made no sense at all. I can buy that the world could turn to hell right away, but the anarchy was just too organized.

Back