Netanyahu has done more damage to Israel, then Iran ever could

VivaRevolution

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Israel's Shin Bet Detains Peter Beinart at Ben-Gurion Airport Over Political Activity

The Jewish-American journalist wrote that he was pulled aside for questioning upon entering Israel ■ Netanyahu says he was told detention was 'administrative mistake' and 'Israel welcomes all'

Amir TibonNoa Landau
13.08.2018 | 20:38
Peter Beinart, a leading Jewish-American journalist, was detained for questioning at the Ben-Gurion International Airport while entering Israel, according to an article he published on Monday in The Forward.

Beinart, a regular columnist for the publication who also writes for The Atlantic and appears often on CNN, came to Israel to participate in the bat mitzvah of one of his nieces, and says that he went through a politically-centered interrogation upon landing in the country.

To really understand Israel and the Middle East - subscribe to Haaretz

Beinart has written extensively on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict for years. He has publicly expressed support for boycotting products manufactured in Israeli settlements in the West Bank. His questioning this weekend, he reported, didn't focus on that issue, but included a broad list of questions about his political affiliations and his ties to groups in Israel that oppose the settlements and the policies of the current right-wing government in Jerusalem.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu responded to news of Beinart's detention. A statement released by his office said that he "heard of Mr. Beinart's questioning at Ben Gurion airport and immediately spoke with Israel's security forces to inquire how this happened. He was told it was an administrative mistake. Israel is an open society which welcomes all--critics and supporters alike. Israel is the only country in the Middle East where people voice their opinions freely and robustly.

https://www.haaretz.com/amp/israel-...ion-airport-over-political-activity-1.6381149

When Bibi came to office, both political parties in the US were more than happy to bend over backwards to make Israel happy.

Since then, he has attacked a sitting US president, came and spoke to our congress to bypass the president, and now once again shows that Israel is not a Jewish state, for all Jews, but is indeed a political outfit, that has nothing to do with being Jewish.

Bibi is Zionist not a Jew. People should learn the difference because it is significant.

The government of Israel, not the government for Jews, stopped this Jewish American and harassed him over his speech. It was made clear that while Isreal is the Jewish Homeland, that does not mean all Jews are welcome. Those with the wrong opinions, obviously are not.

Netanyahu has destroyed the relationship with one American party. He has shown that Israel is a political state, not a state that welcomes all Jews. I don't think Bibi would welcome Bernie to the country of Israel.

Bibi has 100% proven that being anti-israeli is not anti-semetic. Bibi hates liberal Jews as much as Iran hates Bibi.

Israel's Shin Bet Detains Peter Beinart at Ben-Gurion Airport Over Political Activity

The Jewish-American journalist wrote that he was pulled aside for questioning upon entering Israel ■ Netanyahu says he was told detention was 'administrative mistake' and 'Israel welcomes all'

Amir TibonNoa Landau
Peter Beinart, a leading Jewish-American journalist, was detained for questioning at the Ben-Gurion International Airport while entering Israel, according to an article he published on Monday in The Forward.

Beinart, a regular columnist for the publication who also writes for The Atlantic and appears often on CNN, came to Israel to participate in the bat mitzvah of one of his nieces, and says that he went through a politically-centered interrogation upon landing in the country.

Beinart has written extensively on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict for years. He has publicly expressed support for boycotting products manufactured in Israeli settlements in the West Bank. His questioning this weekend, he reported, didn't focus on that issue, but included a broad list of questions about his political affiliations and his ties to groups in Israel that oppose the settlements and the policies of the current right-wing government in Jerusalem.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu responded to news of Beinart's detention. A statement released by his office said that he "heard of Mr. Beinart's questioning at Ben Gurion airport and immediately spoke with Israel's security forces to inquire how this happened. He was told it was an administrative mistake. Israel is an open society which welcomes all--critics and supporters alike. Israel is the only country in the Middle East where people voice their opinions freely and robustly.

https://www.haaretz.com/amp/israel-...ion-airport-over-political-activity-1.6381149

When Bibi came to office, both political parties in the US were more than happy to bend over backwards to make Israel happy.

Since then, he has attacked a sitting US president, came and spoke to our congress to bypass the president, and now once again shows that Israel is not a Jewish state, for all Jews, but is indeed a political outfit, that has nothing to do with being Jewish.

Bibi is Zionist not a Jew. People should learn the difference because it is significant.

The government of Israel, not the government for Jews, stopped this Jewish American and harassed him over his speech. It was made clear that while Isreal is the Jewish Homeland, that does not mean all Jews are welcome. Those with the wrong opinions, obviously are not.

Netanyahu has destroyed the relationship with one American party. He has shown that Israel is a political state, not a state that welcomes all Jews. I don't think Bibi would welcome Bernie to the country of Israel.

Bibi has 100% proven that being anti-israeli is not anti-semetic. Bibi hates liberal Jews as much as Iran hates Bibi.
So there’s a non-event story about a journalist who was briefly and mistakenly detained (happens all the time to all types in many airports) and also a second story, well not a story so much as just a rant about Netanyahu that really has nothing to do with the first story. Fair analysis?

So there’s a non-event story about a journalist who was briefly and mistakenly detained (happens all the time to all types in many airports) and also a second story, well not a story so much as just a rant about Netanyahu that really has nothing to do with the first story. Fair analysis?

Funny how you just dismiss the guy who was actually detained saying he was asked political questions, while detained.

The point of this thread is the damage Bibi has done to Israel, so those other things are very related to the topic.

Btw, this isn't the first story like this. Last week a liberal American Jew was detained for literature he was given at a peace conference.

Funny how you just dismiss the guy who was actually detained saying he was asked political questions, while detained.

The point of this thread is the damage Bibi has done to Israel, so those other things are very related to the topic.
How’s the second story (rant) related to the first?
And the guy was detained due to an administrative error which was admitted. Do you have proof that there is systemic oppression of speech and the press in Israel?

How’s the second story related to the first?
And the guy was detained due to an administrative error which was admitted. Do you have proof that there is systemic oppression of speech and the press in Israel?

Do I need proof?

This isn't a court of law. No one has to prove anything to the standards of a court room.

The guy detained is saying he was asked political questions. That doesn't sound like a administrative mistake.

Nor do I believe it was a administrative mistake when they held an American liberal academic last week for a peice of literature he was given at a peace conference.

These stories are related because the topic is the damage Netanyahu has done to Israel.

So Bibi has to open his arm to every SHJ that wants to leave Israel defenseless against the hordes? How does he know he is a shj and not just a reg ol anti Semite?

I troll of course....

Amir TibonNoa Landau

Anti-Israeli? I’m going to assume you meant anti-Israel. You think Mr. Beinart would describe himself as anti-Israel? He certainly wouldn’t say he is anti-Israeli.

You can criticize the current government and it’s policies, certainly anti-Bibi, but saying “anti-Israel” seems like a poor choice to me when many would prefer Israel be wiped off the map. Saying anti-Israeli is just misguided if that’s what you meant. There are good people who are Israelis as well.

Bibi is Zionist not a Jew.

Really? You think he isn't Jewish?

I agree with you that his policies hurt Israel. His coalition is shit and the nation state law is terrible policy. It totally shits on the Druze who have helped Israel a lot and Palestinian Israelis who are dedicated to the state. His policy of maintaining the status quo with the I/P conflict is shit too. And he has significantly made Israel a partisan issue in the US.

Cannot imagine a popular entertainer doing something like this with Bibi.

Times have changed.

...When Bibi came to office, both political parties in the US were more than happy to bend over backwards to make Israel happy.

OK

I cannot stress how important this post is. If this place cared a damn about reality, this would be stuck up top.

The very idea that zionism has anything to do whatsoever with Judaism is ludicrous - the very nature of the ideologies are diametrically opposed.

BE SERIOUS!

I have been through this too many times and if I get banned for this, sobeit. The future of our world hangs in the balance.

The idea that Netanyahu speaks at all for the Jewish people, lies at the base of much confusion. For those who have read my posts, you should know that I am a Jew, but not a zionist. There are many like me the world over from the most religious to the most secular. Jews who stand against the zionist war project do so for many reasons, but the one main point we all share is that the zionists are actually the greatest danger to the Jewish people.

With that short introduction, allow me to introduce one of my favorite rabbis to explain from a pure and traditional Jewish perspective one of the most confused issues on our our planet. Over and over we see the biblical Jews from the biblical land of of Israel conflated with the modern zionist regime in Palestine who came from Europe, a different continent entirely, who stole the name 'Israel,' and who have used true Jewish suffering as a means to their end. I really hope that our gentile zionists here are paying attention.

Israel ans Saudi Arabia have been empowered by Trumps ascent.

Israel has effectively won. By the time Trump gets out of office the Eretz Israel project might even be done. Why should Israel have to negotiate when they are in a position of strength and hamas can barely get their shit together?

The writing is on the wall: the US moved the embassy to Jersusalem, the Arab world did nothing, and successive hissy fits organized by the sage state-craft of Hamas only produced a bunch of dead or crippled or imprisoned youth on the Palestinian side, and a lifting the the blockade with the Egyption border YAAAAY! But they're still in the same postion they were ten years ago. Twenty years ago, thirty years ago.

The US is cutting something like 200 million dollars in aide to the Palestinians. They've 86'd themselves out of Human Rights Council for their Israel. In the meantime the Palestinians threw their support behind the terrorist shitbags in the Syrian civil war, which pissed off their patron in Iran who stopped giving them welfare cheques. (I'm not sure about Oman, if they'cve fully disentangled themselves from Saudi arabian and the likkle Prince who's been flexin alot lately)

Now Hamas is probably going to have to crawl back, shemagh in hand, to Iran and await their tender mercies. Bolton and company are going to seize on this as proof that the Palestinians are toxic. ain't shit, and are unreliable parteners for peace. Israel will slickly use this as a justication to keep building settlements, mowing down olive trees and putting the screws on Gaza with the odd airstrike here, the odd mini-pogrom there. They will also continue to shrug off the hen-clucking froim the EU and the vague, mostly subdued half-hearted noises of protest from the Ummah.

Only Turkey and Iran will be the ones talking shit in their defense, but postering is the best they'll be able to do. Both those countries are getting slapped as well after Trump bodied the lira and the rial. The welfare checks might just get skinnier and skinnier.

Hamas needs to be replaced by competent leadership, Fatah too. How long can the Palestinians tolerate this? Another lost generation of children growing up without prospects, while getting their legs shot out out for another useless protest that might give them crumbs to taste, but ensures that they will never get the loaf that nourishes.

Parading the dead bodies of the young people they send into the IDF meatgrinder while braying like a bunch of fucking jackasses isn't going to cut it anymore. There is a geopolitcal realignment going on right now. America is seemingly pivoting away for from the world. No one who counts actually gives a fuck about the Palestinans right now. Either they have to riot for attention or keep tightening their belts.

It's not sustainable.

Last edited:
OK

I cannot stress how important this post is. If this place cared a damn about reality, this would be stuck up top.

The very idea that zionism has anything to do whatsoever with Judaism is ludicrous - the very nature of the ideologies are diametrically opposed.

BE SERIOUS!

I have been through this too many times and if I get banned for this, sobeit. The future of our world hangs in the balance.

The idea that Netanyahu speaks at all for the Jewish people, lies at the base of much confusion. For those who have read my posts, you should know that I am a Jew, but not a zionist. There are many like me the world over from the most religious to the most secular. Jews who stand against the zionist war project do so for many reasons, but the one main point we all share is that the zionists are actually the greatest danger to the Jewish people.

With that short introduction, allow me to introduce one of my favorite rabbis to explain from a pure and traditional Jewish perspective one of the most confused issues on our our planet. Over and over we see the biblical Jews from the biblical land of of Israel conflated with the modern zionist regime in Palestine who came from Europe, a different continent entirely, who stole the name 'Israel,' and who have used true Jewish suffering as a means to their end. I really hope that our gentile zionists here are paying attention.

The future of the world hangs on this YouTube video. LMAO!!!!

Don’t be a poor sport, the war room has recently established the nomenclature wild imam, perhaps it is time for rabid rabbi or wild rabbi in the name of religious syncretism!

Cute, but sadly ignorant. See below.

Israel has effectively won. By the time Trump gets out of office the Eretz Israel project might even be done.
Wrong, unless WWIII will be concluded by the time our orange moron leaves the White House.

Why should Israel have to negotiate when they are in a position of strength and hamas can barely get their shit together?
Yeah, sure, and why should any fascist regime that rules through force negotiate?

The writing is on the wall: the US moved the embassy to Jersusalem, the Arab world did nothing...
This is hardly over. It's all about the Haram esh-Sharif/the Temple Mount.

Hamas needs to be replaced by competent leadership, Fatah too. How long can the Palestinians tolerate this? Another lost generation of children growing up without prospects, while getting their legs shot out out for another useless protest that might give them crumbs to taste, but ensures that they will never get the loaf that nourishes.
On the other hand, Likud needs to be replaced by competent leadership. How long can the Jewish people tolerate this? Another lost generation of children growing up blamed for the crimes of the zionists, while enduring the backlash of the world's antisemitism?

And what of those Israeli children who will never even know right from wrong? That might be the saddest part of all.

Cute, but sadly ignorant. See below.

Wrong, unless WWIII will be concluded by the time our orange moron leaves the White House.

Yeah, sure, and why should any fascist regime that rules through force negotiate?

This is hardly over. It's all about the Haram esh-Sharif/the Temple Mount.

On the other hand, Likud needs to be replaced by competent leadership. How long can the Jewish people tolerate this? Another lost generation of children growing up blamed for the crimes of the zionists, while enduring the backlash of the world's antisemitism?

And what of those Israeli children who will never even know right from wrong? That might be the saddest part of all.

I'm sure those poor Israeli children are fine with their running water and the ability to have the electricity stay on for longer than six hours if they are lucky.

How do you think the Palestinains are going to get their homeland without having to make major concessions? Through force?
Through protesting fences?
None of it has worked for 51 years.

My view is that they need a new playbook. There was a near universal consensus that Aparthied was wrong. Why, after fifty years has the various leaders of the Palestinians have not been able to cultivate the same thing?

Could it be that Arafat was more intersted in lining his pockets? Or that Abbas was impotent and Hamas for all their religousity can't govern a lick, and is barely competent in terms of Public Relations?

Poor leadership. My parent come from Africa and i keep a finger on the pulse of that contionent. I know exactly what decades of of poor leadership does to a people.

Or who knows, maybe that child-activist who just got out jail can be their future spokesperson? Or maybe some unforseen drastic event happens to upset the status quo. But right now the israelis are sitting pretty: One red hiefer away from a clean sweep.

And theres is no gureentee that Trump is going to be a one term president. Even if he gets doesn't relected, what president is going to muscle Israel? Obama was the closet one i've seen in my lifetime in terms giving Israel any real rebuke, and if I recall correctly he gave them more coupons, cash and gear than any other president before him.

Everything is possible but, not everything is likely. I can accept being wrong, but I firmly belive the Jews have are going into the championship final round 10-8. 10-8, 10-9, 10-8. Keep screaming "Head movemnet! Head movement!" all you want. Unless there is change on the Palestinain leadership, Israel doesn't have to do shit.

They've won.

Back