Nerds playing video games make more than UFC fighters

I bet if surgeons/hospitals were smart and began to stream brain surgeries that they would be watched by a crapload of people and then they could start earning advertising dollars.

There'd also be a lot more evidence available for malpractice suits.

I've never met a real "Nerd" that spent much time at all playing video games.

Video games are not intellectually stimulating enough for an actual Nerd--they're usually too busy reading, programming, or building some robot in their basement.

The competitive video game players I have met usually have a similar personality and interests to athletes.

I'd rather watch nerds play video games than suffer another Woodley title defence.

Doctors do very well for their selves. If you want doctors to get paid millions then medical procedures will cost millions more than they already do.
Good point. Doctors do very well for themselves I'm just curious why society is so obsessed with what athletes get paid and could really care less what their life saving doctors make.

It's just a crazy obsession to me that's all

you do realize that pretending to be a tough guy on an internet forum is pretty beta as well?

yes there is, it's called supply and demand.

that's why capitalism is so great.
Dumbass, are you so such a d-bag that you can't discuss a topic without trying to appear supperior?
Face it, it doesn't work for you. You are so fucking stupid, that the only thing it does it expose you.

I noted I understand why.
But if we are discussing gamers making more money than fighters, then my point stands, despite your dumbass remark.
Further explaining it to you since you probably didn't follow: Supply and demand applies also to gamers.

There are more people playing blizzard games than watching MMA.

A crossing guard saves lives too. I don't think you understand how economics work. And there are brain surgeons who make more than NBA guys, but it ain't by doing surgery. I knew a Boston brain cancer doc who makes millions a year off of patents. Using your logic I guess we should pay people based on what exactly? These MMA guys ain't saving lives so how much should they make?

13272t.jpg

You're only looking at a very small % of all gamers that are elite enough to be paid for competition.

Like the proportion is much more staggering than that of well paid fighters among the entire pool of ppl fighting.

And in fighting you can amass a good record beating ppl up in your regional circuit before you get a break in the UFC/Bellator/OneFC etc.

But in video games you have players competing online against other elites throughout the world from the get go.

And as others have said, there is way more money in videogames.

Dumbass, are you so such a d-bag that you can't discuss a topic without trying to appear supperior?
Face it, it doesn't work for you. You are so fucking stupid, that the only thing it does it expose you.

I noted I understand why.
But if we are discussing gamers making more money than fighters, then my point stands, despite your dumbass remark.
Further explaining it to you since you probably didn't follow: Supply and demand applies also to gamers.

There are more people playing blizzard games than watching MMA.

Ive already discussed this topic several times.

yes, there are more blizzard watchers than mma fans.

hence they make more money. more demand for you, the more you are worth.

so I don't know what put you on the rag so quickly. Or what you think we disagree on.The comment was about doctors anyway.

Ive already discussed this topic several times.

yes, there are more blizzard watchers than mma fans.

hence they make more money. more demand for you, the more you are worth.

so I don't know what put you on the rag so quickly. Or what you think we disagree on.The comment was about doctors anyway.
My comment was that, if TS's point is that FIghting is harder than playing a game (which I agree with), you could compare also athletes and doctors by the value they bring.

If it is not fair that a gamer makes more than a fighter, then what's to say about someone who saves lives?

Obvious, I understand the reason why (an athlete can fill up a stadium, a doctor could not).

Those nerds are playing video games for different reasons than I do.

But then again, the fighters also train for different reasons than I do, so I don't know what I'm comparing here.

I've never met a real "Nerd" that spent much time at all playing video games.

Video games are not intellectually stimulating enough for an actual Nerd--they're usually too busy reading, programming, or building some robot in their basement.

The competitive video game players I have met usually have a similar personality and interests to athletes.
I agree with the first part of your statement but disagree with the second

I have met video game nerds that play "pro" and they arent very smart or well read like classic "nerds"

But they sure as hell look and act like em, lack confidence etc etc

Shows how beta our society has become that there is more money in e-sports than combat sports
I am pretty sure the richest guys right now are the ones who control the World Bank and/or oil industry. And since they cause millions of people to die cause of oil / drug wars they started or carefully orchestrated economy collapses, it is safe to assume that our society is still pretty "alpha".

And the beta MMA fan obsessed with how much money other people in the world make continues to plague Sherdog.

This just in, McDonald's is bigger than the UFC, does McDonald's have A level athletes? More at 11.

Back