Nelson says he wasn't given an option not to continue

Nelson actually claims 3 knees

Watching the sequence the very first knee was clean,second was borderline ,third was illegal.
In the link he claims he got hit with 2 illegal knees. Not sure if he claimed 3 at another time.

In the link he claims he got hit with 2 illegal knees. Not sure if he claimed 3 at another time.

He says 2 then describes the sequence of events and actually describes being hit 3 times.

"We actually talked in the back and he actually explained the new rules here where you have to have two fists down, not one. I had one fist down and got hit in the head, I put two fists down and got hit in the head, then I put a knee down and got hit in the head."

He says 2 then describes the sequence of events and actually describes being hit 3 times.

"We actually talked in the back and he actually explained the new rules here where you have to have two fists down, not one. I had one fist down and got hit in the head, I put two fists down and got hit in the head, then I put a knee down and got hit in the head."
He described the knee sequence, but was clear that his argument is that 2 were illegal.

I kinda felt like he wanted a Weidman way out payday and kinda doubted Big John who kept insisting Roy wasn't the type to quit. The big KO wiped out acting right after the ref paused it made me suspicious.

First knee was pretty close so I understand his perspective. When you do the frame by frame there's a case for him.
giphy.gif

Ref Dan did a horrible job in that fight. The first knee was a good 1 but when Roy was on all 4 the ref should've yelled he's grounded knowing Sergei throws lot's of knees. Still that rule of knees and kicks are not allowed to a grounded opponent should be overturned. Same goes for up kicks.

I reverse image searched the pic looking for the original and google ID'ed it as Homer Simpson lol .
lol. it's almost not wrong though.
i screened it from fight video.

Attachments

• 032.jpg
    032.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 1
Maybe #2 Bellator was too high on the downside of his career.. PFL or one of those Asian or Russian orgs might have been a better idea

On the last PFL Steven Siler took this kick then said he couldn't continue. So even though I'm sure Nelson embellished the situation, at least he kept going.

giphy.gif

It was shit too
Ref should determine if the fighter can continue or not IMO, helped with the doc

Danm Roy just admit your going downhill , Sergei just put it on him / was the better fighter

First knee was pretty close so I understand his perspective. When you do the frame by frame there's a case for him.
giphy.gif

That crap is stupid anyway. Instead of defending himself, he drops to one knee to take advantage of the rules. There is no difference in the damage from the first one or the second one. Putting one knee on the ground doesn't make a knee magically hurt more.

After that delayed fish flop i would dq him ffs
Have some dignity

Ive never liked him. His mullet and beard, its just lazy.

But what i noticed last night really turns me off. He fucking waxes or shaves his chest but he has that beard and mullet..?

I used to like Roy with the fat guy KOing people and all gimmick, but man has he gotten annoying over the years. I know he got kneed, but it looked like he flopped big time after the ref intervened, LeBron level flop.

Back