Nelson: "I was surprised they gave me Ponzinibbio."

After the fight: got laid down unconscious from a Jab.

This happened during the fight. Not "after the fight"

If you're going to try to zing a fighter, be better at zinging

He should worry less about the quality of his opponents and more about how to stop fighting like Conor McGregor on horse tranquilizers.

especially this sport.....do you (them)ever learn?
I find it so interesting that you say something like that... People have probably been asking themselves that question since the beginning of any organized combat sport; so i guess that means no-one ever learns lol. I have no problem with showmanship or gamesmanship- trying to get inside your opponents head, can absolutely be beneficial. But in order to play mind games, you better make sure that YOU have a sound mind to begin with, and don't get too caught up in the shit talking.

Glassjaw Gunnar. Reminds me of Machida. Great technical martial artist, but can't take a hit on the chin without getting ko'd.

Just like that time he said something like he will out grapple Maia?

Seems like he takes some of his opponents lightly?
He probably manhandles the greatest of all time, McGregor, regularly, so his confidence must be high.

Meh. This is up there with Mousai v Hall for me.

Gunnar and ponzinibio fight 10 times; Gunnar wins 9.

Glassjaw Gunnar. Reminds me of Machida. Great technical martial artist, but can't take a hit on the chin without getting ko'd.
This is literally the first time he's been KOd or lost to strikes.
<codychoke>

I really like Gunnar. His skills are legit but he has a bad habit of underestimating his opponents. That's part of what got him in trouble with Maia.

He really needs to start treating every opponent like a threat or else he'll start losing fights he should otherwise win.

Have you seen these shots? I was amazed he survived first one.

Last edited:
Meh. This is up there with Mousai v Hall for me.

Gunnar and ponzinibio fight 10 times; Gunnar wins 9.

Hall hit Mousasi with one of his laughable spinning kicks exactly when Moose was lowering his head,after being dominated in the first round. Gunni got KO'd after 2 punches,after 1 minute and a half,and always had subpar striking defense.

I find it so interesting that you say something like that... People have probably been asking themselves that question since the beginning of any organized combat sport; so i guess that means no-one ever learns lol. I have no problem with showmanship or gamesmanship- trying to get inside your opponents head, can absolutely be beneficial. But in order to play mind games, you better make sure that YOU have a sound mind to begin with, and don't get too caught up in the shit talking.
Yeah, I have no problem with confidence but understand what's in front of you and, hey, you're human.You have a jaw and temple like everyone else and in this sport (hands,elbows,knees, legs,feet)- anything can happen.

Everyone was surprised. Doesn't make his quote any less legitimate. It's a fight, he lost.

well maybe his quote is legitimate, but his assessmeent of his own skills and his oponent's skills were very innacurate

Back