Neither Khabib or Conor were shook or scared

If Khabib isn't scared then why did he act scared?

<Y2JSmirk>

This press conference didn't reveal anything in terms of either fighter's fear level as far as their opponent is concerned. Khabib didn't show any fear of Conor and Conor is also not scared of Khabib.

Instead, the focus should be shifted to what Khabib is scared of. He's afraid of losing (specifically) to Conor. The moment Khabib realized that a loss to Conor would hurt more than a loss to any other fighter is precisely the moment that Conor sealed the victory. That happened today.

I can almost assure you that Khabib's mindframe is along the lines of the following:

• He knows he has the tools to beat Conor
  • He now knows that if his margin of error is slim because the pain of giving up his zero to Conor will be unbearable
This will weigh heavily on his performance and is what will ultimately contribute to his first loss. The pressure to win will compromise his skillset which is broad enough to beat Conor but only if he can summon his abilities on fight night.
Omg really? Please tell us more o insightful one.

That face-off made it seem like Khabib was a just kind of scared..

conor is scar-red of 5 rounds for rastling, no way he can last that and he knows it

Why would he be scared of a guy that he has such a clear way to beat...?

These guys voluntarily fight for a living...just think about it people, just think....

Of course they're not scared of each other. They didn't come to that level by having fear of their opponents. They both have complete confidence that they will beat each other. I'm sure all the fighters at that level get to where they are with that mindset. They have the complete understanding and belief in themselves. Now....that being said, Conor 's mindgames doesn't involve making his opponents feel fear, I firmly don't think anyone can do that (except maybe Brock). Conor's mindgames involve getting you riled up, angry, and annoyed to the point that your fight game and mind is not straight, and you fight different than how you normally would if your fight-mind was running at its optimum and you are in the zone. Conor's objective is to get you completely away from ever getting in the "zone". That's what the saying "getting in his head" means.
I totally ageee with your post except for the Brock part

Khabib literally looked bored.
The only thing that press conference did was let Conor hawk his wares.

Of course they're not scared of each other. They didn't come to that level by having fear of their opponents. They both have complete confidence that they will beat each other. I'm sure all the fighters at that level get to where they are with that mindset. They have the complete understanding and belief in themselves. Now....that being said, Conor 's mindgames doesn't involve making his opponents feel fear, I firmly don't think anyone can do that (except maybe Brock). Conor's mindgames involve getting you riled up, angry, and annoyed to the point that your fight game and mind is not straight, and you fight different than how you normally would if your fight-mind was running at its optimum and you are in the zone. Conor's objective is to get you completely away from ever getting in the "zone". That's what the saying "getting in his head" means.
I don't think Conor has complete belief in a win. He just negotiated a new contract pre-fight. Why wouldn't he wait until he can demand even more money (and as few or as many fights as he wants) after the fight unless he wasn't certain of a win?

This press conference didn't reveal anything in terms of either fighter's fear level as far as their opponent is concerned. Khabib didn't show any fear of Conor and Conor is also not scared of Khabib.

Instead, the focus should be shifted to what Khabib is scared of. He's afraid of losing (specifically) to Conor. The moment Khabib realized that a loss to Conor would hurt more than a loss to any other fighter is precisely the moment that Conor sealed the victory. That happened today.

I can almost assure you that Khabib's mindframe is along the lines of the following:

• He knows he has the tools to beat Conor
  • He now knows that if his margin of error is slim because the pain of giving up his zero to Conor will be unbearable
This will weigh heavily on his performance and is what will ultimately contribute to his first loss. The pressure to win will compromise his skillset which is broad enough to beat Conor but only if he can summon his abilities on fight night.
I have no clue who will win, I am just looking forward to an exciting fight; however, I just wanted to let you know that I really appreciate the level-headed and respectful way you are offering your predictions and responding to others. Well done sir.

Yes, but go on record and state one prediction. That's what I'm asking for. If you force my hand, I think Conor wins a decision and batters Khabib in the process.
Khabib by tko in the 3rd. Conor lands early but khabib survives . Wins close 2nd round gets a takedown with a ton of time left in the 3rd . Eventually stuns conor with some GNP and conor either gives up his back or gets tkod. Conors taking a ton of damage in his last 4 fights and hasn't fought in 2 years. That's a factor

TBH I think you have a point insofar as Khabib probably couldn't live with the idea of Conor being the one who beats him. They essentially are two opposites and, in fights like these, victory/defeat has far greater connotations. I think Khabib knows this and the pressure for victory is amplified. However, in saying that, it probably will have little to no effect on his performance his route to victory is clear and, regardless of any pressure, he knows what he has to do.

Why are you people still making threads about this

I’m shook....that I only have 3 bottles of Proper 12 left

Back