Neither Khabib or Conor were shook or scared

3nigma

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Does anyone believe that either one of these guys are scared at this point? Conor looked irritated and perhaps a little drunk but I doubt he was scared. Khabib seemed like he knew what was coming and sat there for most of it.

These guys fight for a living. This conference probably factors in at a 0 in the actual fight.

My baby was shook when it cried to much.

Conor doesnt have an opportunity to be shook cos hes fucked up of his mind on alcohol and coke. The alcohol relaxes and gives him false confidence, and then coke gives him that hpyermanic energy which is also fake.

I agree with you TS.

Except the bit about Khabib not being scared.

Yeah but Sherdog gonna sherdog

to me both guys looked like they wished the fight was tonight

They both did fine and nobody looked "shook". I do wish Conor gave Khabib more of a chance on the mic, but I suppose it's to be expected.

Khabib was kind of shook by that putin line; but it won't change the outcome of the fight in any way.

These press conferences mean nothing - one guy is getting outclassed October 6th we just don't quite know who yet

Hard to tell. Conor looked like he was trying awfully hard, but that's not a first for him so I don't put much stock in it.

I agree with you TS.

Except the bit about Khabib not being scared.
You think Khabib is scared? hehe that I dont think, but maybe Conor. Why come wasted like that? Maybe to keep the nerves come hehe I dont know

Conor doesnt have an opportunity to be shook cos hes fucked up of his mind on alcohol and coke. The alcohol relaxes and gives him false confidence, and then coke gives him that hpyermanic energy which is also fake.
I agree, I also think he was drunk and more

I thought they both looked ready to fight, khabib seemed calm, probably a good thing

Of course none of them was shook or scared. Khabib and Conor are guys with a confidence in their own skill that only someone at their level can possess, they've shown and proven that over and over again, it's a stupid thing to even discuss about. That doesn't mean they were comfortable with the situation tonight.

Conor was very busy promoting the fight and his whiskey while also trying to get inside his opponents head, getting visibly frustrated with the fact that it just wasn't the right setting for his antics and that Khabib wasn't anywhere close to acting like Jose Aldo or Eddie Alvarez who bought into the trash talk during press conferences (though I still heavily doubt professionals like that felt any of it during the fights, they just lost because Conor was the better fighter).
Khabib on the other hand looked like he didn't want to be there in the first place, directly stating that he knew what this was going to be about - a self-promotion and insult campaign from his opponent, occasionally showing obvious signs of discontempt when McGregor wouldn't let him speak continuously (btw, it's quite the joke to have Dana standing there between them and "guiding" through the conference when he'll allow one man to hijack the show) and when he made some accusations that Khabib just couldn't let slide without a reaction.

In conclusion, this wans't a win or a glorious night for either of the two, but neither was it one that will have an influence on the fight. Both men knew what they were up for tonight, both men probably even knew it was going to be a shit show under these circumstances. Neither one was happy with this arrangement and they both stated it within the first 5 minutes of the press conference. Tonight's loser were the fans and the UFC because we weren't given what we hoped for - another epic PPV press conference with a pumped up crowd and numerous top contenders saying what they have to say with the huge Khabib vs Conor fight taking center stage.

Agreed. No one was scared. Conor looked a little out of practice and khabib isn't great at these press things. I think khabib did get annoyed and so did Conor. Khabib because he wasn't really being able to talk and Conor because khabib wasn't biting on a lot of lines.

Back