Neither Jon Jones nor Colby have any actual fans here...only trolls

This year we will get you Gold, I’ll report every other candidate just to be sure.

lol

I appreciate the support my man, but I don't post for likes or POTY
I post for convo & the past year (or so) the convo has become a lot better.

It is defined as "sports entertainment"

a perfect definition (although a silly phrase to call the wrestlers)

I get thinking negative about Jones & questioning why he gets support.
But thinking he has no fans is way off

So yeah, that's exactly my point @Gorkle .

WWE - sports entertainment. MMA - sports.

I do believe those who watch MMA for entertainment purposes above sports ones should stick to WWE

lol

You're a great poster whether I agree with you or not.

I learned quite a lot from you.

lol

Humble too {<redford}

this is the POTY.

I do believe those who watch MMA for entertainment purposes above sports ones should stick to WWE

MMA is a sport, I agree
But the reason it makes money is because people pay for the entertainment.

I applaud you hanging in there & fighting still

but MMA is entertainment & jones & Colby have fans

The words have distinct meanings

I like you so I'm out ... have a good one Aimed

I completely disagree. They are two completely separate products based around fighting. The similarities end there. The fighting isn't remotely similar.

Watching a game of NFL isnt the same as watching The Longest Yard.

MMA is a sport, I agree
But the reason it makes money is because people pay for the entertainment.

Well, no doubt about it.

However, people pay, as we find out from PPV numbers, from entertainment that Ronda, Conor, GSP provide to them.
They do not watch UFC for drama WWE-style, or for 100% "entertaining" fights, otherwise we would've seen a significant increase of views of PPVs that include the fighters that provide it.
They love their "superstars" for other reasons, and they love UFC for being UFC.

Lance Armstrong has become a persona non-grata in the sports, even though his record and accomplishments, even his presents on competitions, would've theoretically provide "entertanment".
But sports fans, REAL sports fans, do not want to see CHEATER entertaining them

I completely disagree. They are two completely separate products based around fighting. The similarities end there. The fighting isn't remotely similar.

Watching a game of NFL isnt the same as watching The Longest Yard.

MMA is closer to NFL.

And in sports, sport fans (as I just mentioned in other response) do not want cheater entertaining them.
WWE is a different stories - a villain there is a villain per script.

Well, they are both drunk driving violent assholes for sure, but Colby haven't gotten caught roiding yet.

So I guess he can go on.

MMA is closer to NFL.

And in sports, sport fans (as I just mentioned in other response) do not want cheater entertaining them.
WWE is a different stories - a villain there is a villain per script.

It depends really. I don't want to watch a guy throwing nut shots all fight long in the same way I don't want to watch someone lay on top of another fighter as that actively takes away from my enjoyment of watching the sport.

I appreciate the competitive element of it but at the end of the day that is by no means the most important part of it and it shouldn't be for anyone who isn't directly involved.

At the end of the day there are two reasons anyone should do anything. To survive or for enjoyment. MMA is not a necessity in life. If you enjoy it, brilliant watch it. If you don't enjoy it then don't.

I can see why people would be pissed at Jones and even as a fan of him I am too. And of course if everything was 100% legit then great. But I just can't understand why people would actively want to enjoy the sport less out of pride or honour or whatever it is.

Real Jon Jones checking in.
You can dismiss it since I’m also a Barry Bonds fan. Jones and Bonds with their special help were better than anyone else who has ever done it, special help or no special help. And that counts for a lot

It depends really. I don't want to watch a guy throwing nut shots all fight long in the same way I don't want to watch someone lay on top of another fighter as that actively takes away from my enjoyment of watching the sport.

I appreciate the competitive element of it but at the end of the day that is by no means the most important part of it and it shouldn't be for anyone who isn't directly involved.

At the end of the day there are two reasons anyone should do anything. To survive or for enjoyment. MMA is not a necessity in life. If you enjoy it, brilliant watch it. If you don't enjoy it then don't.

I can see why people would be pissed at Jones and even as a fan of him I am too. And of course if everything was 100% legit then great. But I just can't understand why people would actively want to enjoy the sport less out of pride or honour or whatever it is.

So do you consider all the fans that COMPELETELY abandoned Lance Armstrong ship doing that for pride and honor?

Either faith in humanity is restored and people really have higher moral value than they show in sherdog forums, or people just don't want to see CHEATERS in competition.

BTW, no difference in win via nut shots and win via vein shots.

You might have an argument there, but that does not mean Jones has no real fans

Fan is short for FANaticals & people who are fanatical about something/someone do not look at the negatives.

Well to be honest, I am a fan of Jones the FIGHTER, Jones the moron not so much.
When he is not fighting I am not a fan.
He is a fuck up, but the guy is talented as hell and a solid fighter.
That I am a fan of.

Do I defend him and is actions? Hell no! But then most of the times I dont defend a fighters action.
They are grown men and women and can defend them self.

Real Jon Jones checking in.
You can dismiss it since I’m also a Barry Bonds fan. Jones and Bonds with their special help were better than anyone else who has ever done it, special help or no special help. And that counts for a lot

You're Lance Armstrong fan too, I presume.

Well, maybe there are "fans" like you, but you guys are not sports fans. You're....fans of value-less people.
Not sure what drives you...but that's nothing good, that's for sure.

Do I defend him and is actions? Hell no! But then most of the times I dont defend a fighters action.
They are grown men and women and can defend them self.

Fans do not need to defend their fighter's actions.

But these actions define him. Fans who disregard them are quite...blind.

Back