Neither Conor or DJ are Ducks. At the end of the day It comes down to one thing

Conor fans are such retards.
MM gets beaten by TJ, Cody, Cruz, Assuncao, Carraway, and Riviera.

That's why he stays down where it's nice and cozy. No one gives a shit about the 125 pound division.

Kinda. Conor is not afraid to get beat up, but he is afraid to get the shit kicked out of him by Khibib/Tony because it would hurt his marketability
People love to say things like this. Based on what exactly though?

If I were In Conor's shoes, I see some very clear holes / methods of victory against both Tony and Khabib.

Khabib Is a tough opponent / matchup..but Tony matches up terribly against Conor.

People love to say things like this. Based on what exactly though?

If I were In Conor's shoes, I see some very clear holes / methods of victory against both Tony and Khabib.

Khabib Is a tough opponent / matchup..but Tony matches up terribly against Conor.
Against tony Conor has a clear path to victory. Against Khabib it's complete and utter destruction. He has no chance.

He isn't even a bigger star then Canelo. Canelo has done back to back million plus PPV buys in the USA only. Canelo is putting up the same numbers in the states alone that Conor does world wide (and Conors are estimates of world wide PPV sales)
Canelo Is a huge star, the biggest star boxing has at the moment but no. Conor Is the biggest star In combat sports and It's not really debatable at this point.
What the fuck? Berto fight didn't sell well, but thats it. People forget that Floyds PPVs are much more expensive then UFC cards and the reported numbers are ONLY from the USA. The UFC's estimated numbers are world wide. Floyds Maidana PPVs (925,000 in the USA alone) were "low selling" to him, and they likely did as much or more world wide then any Conor UFC card. And at a much higher price

Yeah, I agree. I think Floyd at his absolute peak Is probably a bigger star than Conor, even now. It's hard to say though when factoring In global popularity. I'd say It's pretty close. The Floyd fight only served to propel his mainstream / global popularity to even greater heights. Conor's pretty new to the game though and Floyd build himself up over years. If Conor continues to perform / win he'll probably surpass peak Floyd In terms of popularity over time.

That's why he stays down where it's nice and cozy. No one gives a shit about the 125 pound division.
Exactly who of the top 5 welterweights does Conor have a snowball's chance in hell against? Is he hiding at 155 where it's safe? No he doesn't even want any part of the top 5 of his own weight class.

giphy.gif
Your ass sucks river water.

Exactly who of the top 5 welterweights does Conor have a snowball's chance in hell against? Is he hiding at 155 where it's safe? No he doesn't even want any part of the top 5 of his own weight class.
Conor was a FW and already captured the LW belt. He would also beat Woodley. The small stocky wrestler with an overhand right literally falls into Conor's style. Perfect matchup for Conor. He'd Nate marquart Maia too.

Against tony Conor has a clear path to victory. Against Khabib it's complete and utter destruction. He has no chance.
Again, no.

The way Khabib rushes forward with his chin up In the air like he did against Barboza and MJ Isn't something he can afford to do against Conor. Especially now, having trained for a high level boxing fight and lived In that realm for months. I fully expect Khabib to take Conor down and beat him up but I would also say that Conor's takedown defence and grappling In general Is quite underrated. Khabib also Isn't a finisher and Conor would likely have a good amount of time to get a stoppage.

I think Khabib needs to make some serious adjustments in how he comes forward / attempts takedowns against Conor. Objectively speaking, I see that fight very much to be a pickem. At best. But, It should be a good fight..Super Interesting, modern grappler vs striker matchup. Definitely the best fight that can be made at the moment.

Both guys have their ways to win the fight. To act like It is a sure thing either way Is ridiculous and short sighted.

You mean MM might lose to guys in the division above him? What earth shattering insight. This is huge. This changes everything.

lol

Conor was a FW and already captured the LW belt. He would also beat Woodley. The small stocky wrestler with an overhand right literally falls into Conor's style. Perfect matchup for Conor. He'd Nate marquart Maia too.
No sir. Woodley, Maia, and Marquardt aren't chronic gassers. (Maia can gas when he can't get the takedown but against Conor? Lol yeah that wouldn't be a problem) Marquardt's retired and wasn't any where near top 5 before retiring. Conor's overhyped power couldn't follow him to welterweight either. I'm just going by Conor's two fights at welterweight against a journeyman mind you. He's a gasser at 170 and any of the top 5 would maul him. You named the top 5 bantamweights and implied DJ was somehow hiding from them. I respect what Conor has done moving up in weight but the size disadvantage he faces against welterweights is akin to the size disadvantage DJ faces against bantamweights.

No sir. Woodley, Maia, and Marquardt aren't chronic gassers. (Maia can gas when he can't get the takedown but against Conor? Lol yeah that wouldn't be a problem) Marquardt's retired and wasn't any where near top 5 before retiring. Conor's overhyped power couldn't follow him to welterweight either. I'm just going by Conor's two fights at welterweight against a journeyman mind you. He's a gasser at 170 and any of the top 5 would maul him. You named the top 5 bantamweights and implied DJ was somehow hiding from them. I respect what Conor has done moving up in weight but the size disadvantage he faces against welterweights is akin to the size disadvantage DJ faces against bantamweights.
Anyone and everyone beats Conor according to sherdog. Actually breaking down said matchups objectively, technically and In an unbiased manner tells a different tale.

Again, no.

The way Khabib rushes forward with his chin up In the air like he did against Barboza and MJ Isn't something he can afford to do against Conor. Especially now, having trained for a high level boxing fight and lived In that realm for months. I fully expect Khabib to take Conor down and beat him up but I would also say that Conor's takedown defence and grappling In general Is quite underrated. Khabib also Isn't a finisher and Conor would likely have a good amount of time to get a stoppage.

I think Khabib needs to make some serious adjustments in how he comes forward / attempts takedowns against Conor. Objectively speaking, I see that fight very much to be a pickem. At best. But, It should be a good fight..Super Interesting, modern grappler vs striker matchup. Definitely the best fight that can be made at the moment.

Both guys have their ways to win the fight. To act like It is a sure thing either way Is ridiculous and short sighted.
Underrated takedown defense? Maybe. But if Chad took Conor down at will...so will Khabib. Khabib is special. A miracle shot is the only chance Conor has. And Khabib doesn't just take you down and lay on you. Finish you or not, even if you get up you're beat to a pulp. This is against bjj black belts he does this too. Conor is a stalker but I guarantee he's backing up the entire time when the fight is standing. So good luck with the miracle shot on his heels the whole time. Please don't post the Aldo gif, totally different.

Anyone and everyone beats Conor according to sherdog. Actually breaking down said matchups objectively, technically and In an unbiased manner tells a different tale.
No. I think Conor beats Tony and most everyone else at LW not named Khabib. But looking objectively at his only two fights at welterweight....he'd get smashed by the top 5. I don't think it's any coincidence all the Woodley talk went away after his fights with Nate. Those fights taught him to stay in his 155lb lane.

Underrated takedown defense? Maybe. But if Chad took Conor down at will...so will Khabib. Khabib is special. A miracle shot is the only chance Conor has. And Khabib doesn't just take you down and lay on you. Finish you or not, even if you get up you're beat to a pulp. This is against bjj black belts he does this too. Conor is a stalker but I guarantee he's backing up the entire time when the fight is standing. So good luck with the miracle shot on his heels the whole time. Please don't post the Aldo gif, totally different.

You are bad at analysis

Again, no.

You know I don't like Conor but I will say honestly that he has some kind of a chance to knock out anyone. I wouldn't call it a pickem because I believe that once Khabib has him down and makes him tired Conor's striking will become much less of a threat. The first and MAYBE the second round are most likely the only chances he has to get a one hit KO which basically everyone agrees is his only way to win the fight. I think this makes Khabib more likely to win than just 50% but I can see how his fans would view it that way.

lol, how are people putting Johnson and McGregor in the same group.

Floyd's last few fights didn't sell shit.
Dude 2 of his last 3 fights broke the PPV record.

The McGregor fight did like 4.0 mil ppv buys and the Pac Man fight did 4.6 mil ppv buys and see the record.

And the Canelo fight which was 6 fights ago did 2.2 mil ppv buys.

So 3 out his last 6 broke 2 mil ppv. WTF are you talking about?

The 2 Maidana fights did 900K and 925K which are fine numbers. No one could be angry at those.

The Berto fight did like half mil which is a drop off but still puts you in the green financially.

Last edited:
with mcgregor - yes and no. he is a duck, in the sense that he knows that losing fights badly to guys like khabib who will expose his one-dimensional game and derail the train. never defending your (multiple belts) is clearly ducking in the classic sense.

however, like you say that is about money - the only way to keep the gravy train going is to keep the mystique alive.

fedor pre-werdum fight was able to ask for co-promotion (and have people even consider it) - a loss or two later and the ufc barely even wants him anymore. conor was paying attention i'm sure.

Back